Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People Like Pus

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 22, 2019, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I got this email from Lost In Tv the other day:

QuoteCASTING CALL - Do you have a skin condition which needs to be treated?

PEOPLE LIKE PUS (Working Title)

Do you have visible cysts, lipoma, cystic acne, big blackheads, severe boils or any similar skin condition which needs to be treated?

Are you on a long waiting list for treatment, or perhaps the NHS can't help and you can't afford to go private?

Is your condition is affecting your confidence or self-esteem?

We are searching for people who are desperate for FREE and SPEEDY medical treatment and advice.

The doors to a new dermatology clinic will be opening soon, where you can get professional help on a brand new TV series!

To register your interest in this casting opportunity, please click on the TAKE PART button below to be taken to our website. You can then login and apply to take part in the show.

So do you think this will make for riveting tv? If you had a skin condition, would you go on it yourself? And surely they're not going to stick with that title, right?

PlanktonSideburns

The Running (cyst) Man

They've obviously been looking at my show proposal, Bare Knuckle For Chemo

Blue Jam

This is inspired by Dr Pimple Popper isn't it? All I know about her is her name, I have absolutely no desire to check out her YouTube channel.

Free and speedy treatment for the desperate, in return for them allowing Channel 4 (of course it's Channel 4) humiliate them for ratings. Yep, sounds ethical. I bet Dr Christian Jessen is already on board.

PlanktonSideburns

Suffice to say, this is liquid Brexit

non capisco

That working title will hopefully be changed. I can say with some amount of authority, as someone who suffered from extreme cystic acne as a teenager and am still suffering with a much milder version to this day in my fucking forties, it turns out people DON'T like pus. Quite the opposite, turns out they're not that keen on it at all.

Quoteor perhaps the NHS can't help and you can't afford to go private?

The NHS will help, any GP will dish you out Minocycline or something if you go to them bemoaning your spotty boat.  It didn't help when they prescribed me a nascent form of Roaccutane when I was in my teens and it turned me from a depressed boil ravaged outcast into a paranoiac persecution complex case who thought traffic lights were turning red out of spite because I was in the car, but I don't blame the entirety of the NHS for that, they were trying to help. The copy here sounds a bit like it's going down the right wing "Bloody NHS, eh? Bloody useless" narrative line. However, I'd even turn a blind eye to the title 'People Like Pus' if it addressed the Accutane/isotretinoin issue and its potential deleterious effect on mental health. Dermatologists still wave this away as if it's some kind of myth and I can vouch that it 100% isn't.

'People Like Pus', though. It'll just be lingering shots on weeping carbuncles and a Come Dine With Me voiceover, won't it?

gilbertharding

Pimple my Ride.

Psoriasister Act 2 Back in the Habit.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 22, 2019, 11:16:05 PM
This is inspired by Dr Pimple Popper isn't it? All I know about her is her name, I have absolutely no desire to check out her YouTube channel.

Mrs Nose and Little Nose are HUGE fans of that, so I imagine this show will easily find an audience.  Fucking weirdos.

Blue Jam

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 23, 2019, 03:02:54 PM
Mrs Nose and Little Nose are HUGE fans of that, so I imagine this show will easily find an audience.  Fucking weirdos.

I don't know why but I find it strangely satisfying, and love a good bit of spot bursting, but a whole programme of it would be tedious.

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 23, 2019, 03:20:38 PM
The Eczema Factor

Ha, that's a much better title!

Dex Sawash

Gomer's Piles
Mayberry HIV
This is Uterus

Kelvin

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 23, 2019, 03:20:38 PM
The Eczema Factor

How did they not come up with this themselves? That's brilliant Blue Jam.

Blue Jam

Pop Idol would also work...

imitationleather

Cuellar

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 23, 2019, 03:02:54 PM

Yeah I fucking love all this shit. I would never watch it on TV though. All I want is a short video, ideally no longer than a minute, of a bit of buildup and then the climax.

Concentrated hits of it, that's all I care about. It's one of the only reasons I still go to reddit.

St_Eddie

On the Puses

Whiteheads Revisited

Stephen King's The Cyst

Lorenzo's Boil

The S*n website currently features a video showing pus squirting from ingrown pubic hairs, in case anyone was wondering.  No I'm not linking it.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Darles Chickens on April 30, 2019, 06:46:50 PM
The S*n website currently features a video showing pus squirting from ingrown pubic hairs, in case anyone was wondering.

PHWOARR!!!