Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shows or maybe films where you couldn't buy into the FUNDAMENTAL PREMISE

Started by Clownbaby, April 23, 2019, 10:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

samadriel

Quote from: Nobody Soup on April 29, 2019, 11:08:50 PM
Deadpool

Man is given a chance at recovering from terminal illness.
Treatment works but leaves him with severe skin problems.
man goes on murderous rampage to kill the man that saved his life.

I was just thinking "wait, so he doesn't have terminal cancer anymore? and he's not spoken to his wife yet? and we're supposed to root for this guy killing all these people?"

Wasn't Ajax going to enslave him once he triggered the powers?

Icehaven

As much as it's my all-time favourite film and it physically pains me to say it, in Midnight Cowboy, that Joe wouldn't just get a regular job, and even more so that he wouldn't take Rico to a doctor or hospital is stretching things a bit, particularly when Rico can't walk anymore.

It's all sort of dealt with/justified within the film, at one point Joe sees a 'help wanted' sign in a café window, then sees a man similar to himself sweating and scrubbing miserably, and walks away obviously not prepared to give up his dream of shagging rich women for cash and get a job just like the one he had in Texas again. And at least once Rico says ''no cops no doctors'' when Joe says he needs to get him some medical attention, although he never quite says why, his general distrust of authority and the fact he's a conman is probably explanation enough.
But they spend a winter freezing their nads off in a condemned building, Rico coughing his guts up and getting sicker by the day, falling down stairs and passing out etc., and at no point does Joe just go 'D'you know what? It wouldn't kill me to put in a few hours dishwashing, I can still shark for tail at night, and I'm sure we can find a doctor that won't ask too many questions, preferably before you drop dead.'' Maybe it's because he's just that dumb, or optimistic, or obedient, or all 3. Actually yes that's exactly why it is, ignore this post, I'm a philistine.   

Clownbaby

The Nicole Kidman remake of Stepford Wives is fucking stupid because at the end the supposedly strong intelligent and self-respecting main character is STILL WITH the crap husband who actually was very content to go through with the full robot wife transformation for the majority of the film. The fact that he let it happen at all is surely grounds for a big fat divorce.

Gulftastic

In the much praised dialogue free opening segment to that Fraser episode. The one where Niles is doing ironing or something, a a lot of the hilarity ensues because he faints at the sight of blood.

I just don't believe anyone does that.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 30, 2019, 08:32:02 PM
In the much praised dialogue free opening segment to that Fraser episode. The one where Niles is doing ironing or something, a a lot of the hilarity ensues because he faints at the sight of blood.

A kid I was at school with did.
And he used to get nose bleeds all the time.*

*nickname: Jam Rag

Bazooka

The Daily Politics Show, on at a very strange time of the day.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Mrs. Doubtfire. Not the obvious issue of no one recognising Robin Williams under an obviously rubber mask. The film starts with him quitting an acting job, which leads top him being treated as unemployed in his divorce hearing,  but acting is a freelance profession. Unless he'd been blacklisted for quitting that particular job, he's no more unemployed than he would have been anyway.

Jockice

The Champions League semi-final. A likely story if you ask me.

imitationleather

Absorb the anus burn

Penny Crayon.... Lighthearted animation for nippers?

Fuck off! That Crayon can draw anything and the cutting object comes to life! That is a truly evil power - I'm talking MR James / WW Jacobs depths of evil here.

Twed

Yeah but there's nothing stopping Cosmo from slitting Dibb's thick puppet throat either. They just chose to not show children that content.

Gulftastic

Quote from: gib on May 08, 2019, 12:15:59 AM
Mr Benn.

Doesn't make sense.

That's why they added a scientific explanation when they remade it as 'Quantum Leap.

Blue Jam

Just watched the first episode of Netflix series Dead To Me: "Oh hai, creepy clingy weird stranger! On second thoughts, I really like you, let's hang out! What, you lied about having a dead fiancé? Oh well, I can get over that, and I definitely believe the explanation- why don't you move into my house? I'll definitely feel safe having you hanging around my kids! Oh yes, and I'll never figure out that it was obviously you who killed my husband!"

mothman

Fake Taxi.

No, I jest. But the reason I brought it up is, driving home form work today I saw a car - a BMW saloon no less - which had a Fake Taxi logo sticker on it. I can't really understand the thought process that can have led to such a thing.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 30, 2019, 08:32:02 PM

A kid I was at school with once fainted at the idea of blood. The teacher had drawn a generic black-and-white boxes-and-arrows diagram on the board to show how blood travels around the body, and the moment she started explaining it the poor fucker was straight down.

Twed

Quote from: mothman on May 08, 2019, 07:59:46 PM
Fake Taxi.

No, I jest. But the reason I brought it up is, driving home form work today I saw a car - a BMW saloon no less - which had a Fake Taxi logo sticker on it. I can't really understand the thought process that can have led to such a thing.
It's as simple as the idiots driving the car thinking that it's epic japes.

mothman

The driver did have the look of a Legend Gary about him. And his passenger (front seat), well, she looked the type to shag a taxi driver voluntarily.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on May 08, 2019, 08:29:15 PM
It's as simple as the idiots driving the car thinking that it's epic japes.

Hahaha.  I text and drive and there's nothing wrong wi....fjhghdfjhgofdhgofdhgjdfkopppppkgfplfd;llcjlc,n

sedjfknd heirglp sehjfgnd heijlp sjhehdnd heklp sghnd h;lp sendddd hellppp fyck oh fgawdgd itj hurtts

gib

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 08, 2019, 05:29:16 AM
That's why they added a scientific explanation when they remade it as 'Quantum Leap.

haha, fucking hell that is class