Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I quite like Green Day as well to be honest.

Started by madhair60, April 24, 2019, 09:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I am actually a bit sorry about that though. They seem like nice boys and their angry about George W Bush

famethrowa

I think they have some good tunes. Plus they've been together 3 times as long as the Beatles were

edit: actually more like 4 times

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: famethrowa on April 24, 2019, 09:39:45 AM
I think they have some good tunes. Plus they've been together 3 times as long as the Beatles were

edit: actually more like 4 times

36 years???

Neville Chamberlain

All of the bands you like are completely hopeless.

madhair60

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 24, 2019, 09:52:19 AM
All of the bands you like are completely hopeless.

At least I like bands people actually enjoy and don't just performatively fake interest in obscure shit to seem impressive, which is what you and everyone else on CaB does

"ooh I actually like Jandek" fucking hell "yeah just gonna pop a bit of Coil on" what a CUNT

samadriel

First two or three albums are pretty good.  Never maintained my interest after that, I found their emo makeover a bit laughable.

I love "When I Come Around".

chveik

Quote from: madhair60 on April 24, 2019, 10:46:38 AM
At least I like bands people actually enjoy and don't just performatively fake interest in obscure shit to seem impressive, which is what you and everyone else on CaB does

sigh

Phil_A

"ooh I actually like Jandek" fucking hell "yeah just gonna pop a bit of Coil on" what a CUNT

Alright [banned troll], calm down.

mrpupkin

Sure I used to like Green Day's fast songs and spiky hairstyles, but then I used to like rolling around the floor in a shitted nappy so what do I know?

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: mrpupkin on April 24, 2019, 11:02:16 AM
but then I used to like rolling around the floor in a shitted nappy

Were you 28 at the time?

Sin Agog

I'm starting to get the distinct impression that madhair was one of those nutty people who didn't immediately bring the music slider all the way down to 0 whenever they played Burnout and SSX.

madhair60

Quote from: chveik on April 24, 2019, 10:54:42 AM
sigh

just a joke mate. I discover loads of great music through here. I find it interesting to see what people here make of more mainstream stuff too :) It hardly comes up and usually leads to entertaining threads.

sponk

Quote from: madhair60 on April 24, 2019, 11:40:22 AM
just a joke mate. I discover loads of great music through here. I find it interesting to see what people here make of more mainstream stuff too :) It hardly comes up and usually leads to entertaining threads.

TOTP, Pet Shop Boys, TOTP again, The Byrds, Morrissey, Spoon,Chemical Brothers, Scott Walker, Anderson Paak, The Divine Comedy. All from the first page. The sites taste is pretty mainstream generally, imo.

madhair60

Quote from: sponk on April 24, 2019, 11:47:56 AM
TOTP, Pet Shop Boys, TOTP again, The Byrds, Morrissey, Spoon,Chemical Brothers, Scott Walker, Anderson Paak, The Divine Comedy. All from the first page. The sites taste is pretty mainstream generally, imo.

Never heard of any of em mate. Might as well be aramaic.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Like with the band James, I want to punch the singer's voice in the face.

PlanktonSideburns

Hi Madhair

Sorry I just got this message, only got back in the office this morning, so I've got loads to catch up on as you can imagine.

I don't think I will have time to deal with this till first thing tomorrow morning,

Would you mind just bullying yourself for the rest of the day? I can come finish you off tomorrow as soon as I get in (8:45)

Sorry about that, we're just totally buried here and have a load of next day delivery stuff to do today, - I had a word with our manager and he said if you did want to just take liking greenday as punishment enough on this one, he's fine in that, we can start again on the next trivial opinion you need your shit re-shoving for next week

Regards

Jdhivsovsohsg

Neville Chamberlain

James is/are possibly the most execrable band in the entire history of Christendom.

madhair60

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 24, 2019, 01:00:26 PM
Hi Madhair

Sorry I just got this message, only got back in the office this morning, so I've got loads to catch up on as you can imagine.

I don't think I will have time to deal with this till first thing tomorrow morning,

Would you mind just bullying yourself for the rest of the day? I can come finish you off tomorrow as soon as I get in (8:45)

Sorry about that, we're just totally buried here and have a load of next day delivery stuff to do today, - I had a word with our manager and he said if you did want to just take liking greenday as punishment enough on this one, he's fine in that, we can start again on the next trivial opinion you need your shit re-shoving for next week

Regards

Jdhivsovsohsg

Fine with this mate and appreciate the transparency

BlodwynPig

Careful now, transforming into Beige Man of the forum...

Johnny Textface

They don't seem to be impressing you much.

sponk

I know this is a joke, but is there any evidence of anyone ever being impressed by someone liking obscure bands? Or that it's ever helped anyone pick up chicks? I like some relatively obscure bands and nobody has ever been impressed, or interested at all when I mention them

madhair60

Quote from: sponk on April 24, 2019, 02:56:01 PM
I know this is a joke, but is there any evidence of anyone ever being impressed by someone liking obscure bands? Or that it's ever helped anyone pick up chicks? I like some relatively obscure bands and nobody has ever been impressed, or interested at all when I mention them

No, not at all. They usually haven't heard of them.

I don't think anyone has ever got a sex done to them by liking Nurse With Wound or whatever.

I got a sex done to me for liking Sonic the Hedgehog once. But that's a story for another time.

sponk

All nurses have wounds by the time I've finished with them

Captain Z

I did recently gain a slight re-appreciation for 'Holiday' after hearing this mashup with The Timelords - Doctorin' The Tardis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAzzhJeTp-I

Twed

Quote from: Captain Z on April 24, 2019, 03:50:37 PM
I did recently gain a slight re-appreciation for 'Holiday' after hearing this mashup with The Timelords - Doctorin' The Tardis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAzzhJeTp-I
Hell yes

Green Day wrote some of the finest pop songs ever. American Idiot is absolute pap smears though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: madhair60 on April 24, 2019, 03:02:56 PM
No, not at all. They usually haven't heard of them.

I don't think anyone has ever got a sex done to them by liking Nurse With Wound or whatever.

I got a sex done to me for liking Sonic the Hedgehog once. But that's a story for another time.

There are certain subterranean 'clubs' on the outskirts of London where, in order to have 'sex', you must be wearing a NWW leather t-shirt.

Twed

Quote from: madhair60 on April 24, 2019, 03:02:56 PM
Primary school kids are still into Sonic?!