Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Breakdown on Iain Lee’s show [split topic]

Started by thegammonboys, April 12, 2019, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegammonboys

I know this isn't the most relevant place to post, but since Iain Lee and Limmy have a vague connection, did anyone hear the breakdown on Iain's show last night? It was very unsettling.
I won't link but it's on twitter.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: thegammonboys on April 12, 2019, 12:09:48 PM
I know this isn't the most relevant place to post, but since Iain Lee and Limmy have a vague connection, did anyone hear the breakdown on Iain's show last night? It was very unsettling.
I won't link but it's on twitter.

Yes I did. It was really sad to hear that, he said he was starting meds for his depression and was in good form but then his mood seemed to have changed as it can with starting meds, people can swing like a pendulum from doing OK to feeling overwhelmed with sadness. Hope he's doing better today.

He is a bit like Limmy being an honest open commentator on depression and how devastating it can be.

Dr Sanchez

I listened to the breakdown and thought he was just being a bit twatty and annoyed that he hosted an obscure radio show but the last few minutes of the clip are really sad and indicates that he was in a very bad place.

I think the producer should have cut him off far quicker. It has a hint of exploitation about it.

Here's the link because it took me a while to find -, https://youtu.be/Pq4NJoP0fwY

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 12, 2019, 02:21:44 PM
I listened to the breakdown and thought he was just being a bit twatty and annoyed that he hosted an obscure radio show but the last few minutes of the clip are really sad and indicates that he was in a very bad place.

I think the producer should have cut him off far quicker. It has a hint of exploitation about it.

Here's the link because it took me a while to find -, https://youtu.be/Pq4NJoP0fwY

That's horrible to listen to. Poor bloke. I don't know why they didn't cut him off sooner, especially after that first time he went quiet.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Phil_A

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 12, 2019, 02:21:44 PM

The clip's already gone and Iain's deactivated his twitter.

Was this anything to do with it or is this person just a random mentalist?

Iain didn't actually send photographs of his genitals to listeners, did he? I thought that was a daft in-joke.

Ham Bap

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 13, 2019, 06:10:12 PM
Iain didn't actually send photographs of his genitals to listeners, did he? I thought that was a daft in-joke.

Yeah he apparently did.

I really like Iain's radio show but following all of what's been going on including following him on Twitter I'd say the bloke needs to give himself a 6 month break from it all.

From nearly jumping off a bridge 2-3 months ago to being in a serious car-crash as well as everything else something is going to give.
Twitter and social media seems to cause a lot of aggro too, constantly getting into arguments.
It's not worth it.

I missed his breakdown this week but heard it back. Awful to hear.

Quote from: Ham Bap on April 13, 2019, 06:52:55 PM
Yeah he apparently did.

I really like Iain's radio show but following all of what's been going on including following him on Twitter I'd say the bloke needs to give himself a 6 month break from it all.

From nearly jumping off a bridge 2-3 months ago to being in a serious car-crash as well as everything else something is going to give.
Twitter and social media seems to cause a lot of aggro too, constantly getting into arguments.
It's not worth it.

I missed his breakdown this week but heard it back. Awful to hear.

Fuck. I have nothing more substantial to add.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Phil_A on April 13, 2019, 04:25:36 PM
The clip's already gone and Iain's deactivated his twitter.

Was this anything to do with it or is this person just a random mentalist?

I'm not sure what it's all about but he did mention some people who interact with the radio do his head in and cause grief. I don't listen to him and have always found him a bit uninteresting but it seems this is all stemming from serious mental health issues. He burst out crying about seeing a man dying in a car crash so I'm sure that didn't help.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 13, 2019, 08:56:20 PM
I'm not sure what it's all about but he did mention some people who interact with the radio do his head in and cause grief. I don't listen to him and have always found him a bit uninteresting but it seems this is all stemming from serious mental health issues. He burst out crying about seeing a man dying in a car crash so I'm sure that didn't help.

I'd like to hear this but can't find it anywhere. I like Lee, even if I don't really like his shows. I'm a big Tommy Boyd fan though and you can see the influence so he's okay in my book. Just seems to be a very earnest and vulnerable man who takes things to heart. I feel sad as I'm typing this actually, must be awful to feel like that all the time. No escape.