Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,484
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:36:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for suggestions for good free VSTs and FX / synths etc

Started by Kryton, April 24, 2019, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Just got myself a new computer and sadly lost all my old instruments, fx etc, so looking for good links for downloads (legit or otherwise *cough*). If anyone can gimme some pointers then I'll be happy.

Many thanks!

BlodwynPig

I got a demo of Clavinet V, sadly I would need to buy a midi keyboard to be able to play it properly.

https://www.arturia.com/products/clavinet-v/overview

hedgehog90

I'd be very interested in getting some new effects too.
Whenever I go looking for effects plugins I come across the same old stuff. And if I do find something new, I try it out, it makes everything sound shit and then I delete it.

PlanktonSideburns

I like wonky old shit but

Alanvista has some fun odd samples instruments - gongs, woodblock,  great roto Tom samples also if you're after adding a camp tropical vibe to things

If you can be arsed the cyclone TX16W software emulator is fun

Thomas mundt maximiser on everything

Also download the buzzer sound from catchphrase, use that as many things as you can

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 25, 2019, 10:44:02 AM
Thomas mundt maximiser on everything

On that note, any good beginner guides out there for mixing and mastering or is that really all you need to use? Do you use it on the individual stems or just on the master mix? I'm trying to make songs using standard guitar, bass and drums for the first time and can't quite get it to sound right.

The Lion King

Check out Airwindows plugins for decent analog console modelling plugs, Channel 4 is a personal favourite of mine, lovely warmth on the Neve desk setting. Don't be put off by the basic GUI!

TAL do some good free plugs, their chorus is decent, and the Filter 2 is great for precise filter cutoff modulation if you'rs into that sort of thing.

I'm trying to think of more but I'll add to this when I'm at my computer and can see what I've got.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 23, 2019, 07:36:02 AM
On that note, any good beginner guides out there for mixing and mastering or is that really all you need to use? Do you use it on the individual stems or just on the master mix? I'm trying to make songs using standard guitar, bass and drums for the first time and can't quite get it to sound right.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, as I make post taste garbage, I usually just use it on the master after compression and eq, just subtly.

Neomod

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 23, 2019, 07:36:02 AM

EQ is the most important thing when mixing for me. Once i'm happy i'll export as a wav. Then load up that wav and master. 

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: The Lion King on May 23, 2019, 11:39:40 AM
Check out Airwindows plugins for decent analog console modelling plugs, Channel 4 is a personal favourite of mine, lovely warmth on the Neve desk setting. Don't be put off by the basic GUI!

TAL do some good free plugs, their chorus is decent, and the Filter 2 is great for precise filter cutoff modulation if you'rs into that sort of thing.

I'm trying to think of more but I'll add to this when I'm at my computer and can see what I've got.

Oh fuck yes I'd forgotten about that channel 4 plug in,  that thing is ace. A one knob vibes machine.