Author Topic: I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson  (Read 2617 times)

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
Re: I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »
Although he evidently thinks he's a lot more endearing than he actually is.

I did feel myself flagging a bit whenever he started shouting or it became apparent he was about to, but the rest of the time he was alright.

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »
Stuart Heritage likes it so obviously I've just realised it's actually rubbish now.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/10/i-think-you-should-leave-netflix-tim-robinson

Edit; Wow, some (actually most) of the BTL comments there perfectly illustrate the ancient truth about how haranguing someone to watch something is a sure-fire way to make them loathe it. I actually think Heritage must secretly hate the show really and did this on purpose to bask in the inevitable barrage of abuse of it he's provoked, which means it's OK to like it again now, phew!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:54:44 PM by icehaven »

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 03:27:30 AM »
I love this show. It's the first thing I've seen in a long time that really nails the absurd without just being "lol random"

And he doesn't shout in that many sketches so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »
Was made aware of his episode of The Characters on here recently and I thought it was pretty inspired. The sketch about the Dean Martin type swanning through the restaurant was fuckin hilarious.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
The horse one and the Garfield one were the best. Some of the sketches go on a bit long and he does shout a lot but there is a lot of invention in there and some great co/guest stars