Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The 'Fuck You, Disney' Thread

Started by St_Eddie, April 24, 2019, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I hope they go back and edit the ident out of old films too, just for the salt.

Chriddof

That's what movie studios have been doing for years - whenever they acquire a company, they change the idents to some new, usually shit version.

idunnosomename

Quote from: New folder on January 19, 2020, 04:44:40 PM
I really do wish they'd stop using that stupid face Glen Keane drew once.

Cold Meat Platter

Christ no, not the idents.
Really considering burning all my Fox logo merchandise now.

Shit Good Nose

I think the fanfare is, probably, the most important thing about the 20th Century Fox brand, and I completely understand Disney wanting to distance themselves from that cunt Murdoch (assuming that IS the reason they've done it) - I'd probably do the same if I was in charge, to be honest.

Having said that, it's always a shame to see old idents done away with, particularly if you're a long-time film buff and you've grown up with them.  I'm still struggling with the new Star Wars films not having the Fox logo and fanfare in front of them.

Jim Bob

I'll at least hand Disney this much; their remake of Short Circuit is at least deviating from the original in some very interesting ways.  Trailer.

Blumf

Call me when there's a 'live-action' remake of Song of the South

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

H-O-W-L

All Bambi has going for it is the fucking trad animation. Stupid, dozy, blistering cunts.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: H-O-W-L on January 25, 2020, 11:14:14 PM
All Bambi has going for it is the fucking trad animation. Stupid, dozy, blistering cunts.
The hyperrealistic animation robbed the new Lion King of all emotion. Original Simba crying over his father's dead body is heartbreaking because we can see by his little face how devastated he is. Hyperreal Simba just can't emote in the same way. A real ballsy way to go would be to strip out all the dialogue and reimagine it in the style of a nature documentary. A real lion cub nudging its dead parent is heartbreaking because the poor little thing doesn't understand what's happened and now it's going to be torn apart by hyenas, the last moments of its brief life a mix of confusion and terror. If it's a sentient lion cub that can talk? It needs to cry. It needs to emote in a way that humans can understand.

idunnosomename

wonder why they're holding off snow white and the seven dwarves

H-O-W-L

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 26, 2020, 12:24:54 AM

Ken Dodd carked it so they've got nobody to cast in the lead role.

Icehaven

Because Rammstein have already done it.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 26, 2020, 12:15:25 AM
The hyperrealistic animation robbed the new Lion King of all emotion. Original Simba crying over his father's dead body is heartbreaking because we can see by his little face how devastated he is. Hyperreal Simba just can't emote in the same way. A real ballsy way to go would be to strip out all the dialogue and reimagine it in the style of a nature documentary. A real lion cub nudging its dead parent is heartbreaking because the poor little thing doesn't understand what's happened and now it's going to be torn apart by hyenas, the last moments of its brief life a mix of confusion and terror. If it's a sentient lion cub that can talk? It needs to cry. It needs to emote in a way that humans can understand.

That's only cos original Simba was a much better actor - started in the theatre and that.  Hypperreal Simba doesn't have the same discipline.

greenman

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 28, 2020, 02:32:27 PM
That's only cos original Simba was a much better actor - started in the theatre and that.  Hypperreal Simba doesn't have the same discipline.

Used his experience on the abandoned episode were Al kills his dad to take over Tool Time to help with the role.

QDRPHNC

Don't give a fuck if they remake Bambo tbf why do I give a shit.

Jim Bob

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 28, 2020, 03:52:39 PM
Don't give a fuck if they remake Bambo tbf why do I give a shit.

You don't have to give a shit.  You don't have to care.  You also don't have to respect it or think that it's anything other than yet another cynical money making ploy from the only studio in Hollywood that can afford to take creative risks, yet choose not to.

QDRPHNC

New folder

Where can I subscribe to Disney Minus?

Replies From View

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 18, 2020, 05:47:58 PM
A pivotal moment in US film history, I have a lot of nostalgia for that Fox ident too, misplaced or not. '20th Century Studios' doesn't really make sense as a name in 2020

Could have at least called it 2020 Vision.

Change the fanfare to "Chucklechuckle Vision" maybe.

I'm brimming with ideas like this if anyone wants to give me a massive salary for some of them.

Replies From View

Too much wank fodder for a single film.

Thursday

How long until they've done a live action version of every one of their classic movies. I'm a little surprised there's much demand for these.

It's a weird thing, I don't know anyone who expresses huge enthusiasm for Disney movies as an adult, and yet they seem to be everywhere.

Replies From View

Quote from: Thursday on February 02, 2020, 09:11:17 AM
It's a weird thing, I don't know anyone who expresses huge enthusiasm for Disney movies as an adult, and yet they seem to be everywhere.

That's because we are trapped in an echo chamber of people who do not like shit things.

Thursday

Aye but in real life outside of echo chambers too.

idunnosomename

They're short-term money makers. People want things to see at the cinema and they make them. Often it keeps their association with public-domain properties strong too

bgmnts

Most people dont want to think or see anything new at the cinema. The live action disney are perfect as its playing on childhood nostalgia for the people in their late 20s/early 30s. Just keep doing this every 30 years, make money.