Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The 'Fuck You, Disney' Thread

Started by St_Eddie, April 24, 2019, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

If they cropping heavy on The Simpsons, does nobody who is watching the show for the first time know Marge has tall blue hair?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on April 18, 2020, 09:36:05 AM
I read and enjoyed this too, but I think it's crazy (and possibly somewhat revealing) that he calls out one specific fan by name who used to post negative reviews on Newsgroups twenty years ago.

Yeah that made my head spin. I suppose there were a limited number of people who were regularly posting Simpsons reviews online during the classic era, but still, I can't imagine being the multi-millionaire head writer of one of the most popular, long-running shows in television history and still finding room in your brain for the full name of a guy who was critical of - in the example Jean mentions - a generally divisive episode that aired in 1996.

Andy147

You can see Ondre Lombard's review of "Homer's Enemy" at http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/4F19.txt
(Al Jean is basically right: he calls it "by far the worst episode in the history of The Simpsons").

mr. logic

I get what he means in a wider sense, but thought that was a bad example. It was my understanding  that that episode remains divisive.