Author Topic: Killing ladies in video games  (Read 3415 times)

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • Hey guys!
Re: Killing ladies in video games
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2019, 02:45:42 PM »
Theoretically it shouldn't really matter the gender of the "baddie" in a game, as long as it's not some fucked up domestic violence/rape simulator but I did have an occasion when killing a female boss in Far Cry Primal where the extremity of the pain-wails made me quite thankful nobody else was in the house to witness what I'd done. Though games that linger on extreme pain for anyone kinda make me feel guilty and grim.

I know what you mean. In Division 2 there are a lot of female baddies. It's particularly distressing when they stumble around screaming after you've set them on fire, while you use the opportunity to shoot them to death.

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »
It's only okay if you're playing as a woman

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »
It's only okay if you're playing as a woman

In Tomb Raider 1 and 3 you play as a lass who has to kill a lass on the last level.They try and kill you too!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• It rubs the lotion on its skin
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 04:31:30 PM »
If I couldn't kill virtual women in games I'd just have to go out and do it in real life.

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
I'm not a woke progressive but I do enjoy killing women.

Edit: wrong thread.

Edit edit: joke been done.

Blue Jam

• Really dense bread marbles
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
Meh, I've killed loads of women playing as Martin Gould in in Snooker 19

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2019, 05:33:22 PM »
Well I don’t like it - guess I’m not woke, which I kind of already knew to be honest

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2019, 10:45:14 PM »
What if the boss is a lass, and I need to kill her to proceed? I just don't know the rules of society anymore Arrrgghhh!!!

samadriel

• WHA' HAPPEN?
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2019, 11:10:36 PM »
What if the boss is a lass, and I need to kill her to proceed? I just don't know the rules of society anymore Arrrgghhh!!!

In Deus Ex, the only character you have to kill is a lass. Supposedly you can get someone to open a door during that fight and make a break for it, but fuck that, it'll never work.

St_Eddie

• *The Patron Saint of Scallywags*
  • Silver Member
    • St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 11:54:24 PM »
I don't know.  I'm happy to play as a man or a woman.  I really don't think about it.  Equally, I don't particularly care if I'm shooting a man or a woman in a game.  Certainly not when the only thing distinguishing them apart are a few extra polygons.  Bad guys are bad guys, just as bag gals are bad gals.

Seems daft to discriminate between the two, especially when based upon the polygons used.  I don't generally play violent games.  I prefer games which require brain power (i.e. adventure games), but upon those occasions when I do, it's an equal opportunity situation.  I'll take a chainsaw to your face with glee.  I don't give a damn what gender you are.  The nature of your genital gibs are completely irrelevant.  Gibs all over my face.  What is a boy to do?

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2019, 09:32:11 AM »
What about adventure games that require brainpower AND killing women? Dreamweb, for example

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2019, 10:19:43 AM »
Just to be clear, I don't think anyone is arguing that killing women in video games is progressive.

Dr Rock

• The BEST of luck!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2019, 10:23:47 AM »
Maybe all the Space Invaders were ladies. Did you assume they were male? Pretty sexist.

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2019, 10:26:05 AM »
Just to be clear, I don't think anyone is arguing that killing women in video games is progressive.
I will if it helps?

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2019, 10:39:35 AM »

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »

Spoon of Ploff

• visitors are welcome to Sheerness
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »
Dreamweb

blaaaaawdy hell! I was desperately trying to remember what this game was called not one month ago. now i can watch a play through on the YouTubes. thank you madhair60

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »
What about adventure games that require brainpower AND killing women? Dreamweb, for example

I need to play that game.  It's been on my list for years now.  As for my previous post; that was written last night when I was drunk out of my gourd.  I don't even remember writing it.  It's quite impressively coherent though, all things considered.

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 03:27:45 PM »
I sometimes feel like a total outcast for not liking Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle or Sam and Max very much.

I just don't find them funny and I am sorry for that.

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »
I sometimes feel like a total outcast for not liking Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle or Sam and Max very much.

There's no need to feel bad.  You like what you like and you don't like what you don't like.

Twed

• I need you so, Medieval Zone, you don't need me
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2019, 04:56:42 PM »

That's okay. Tastes differ and you're entitled to your opinion, stupid. Stupid idiot, twat. Cunt

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2019, 05:20:34 PM »
Now that you mention it, forcing a player to fuck a prostitute to get their health back then letting them kill the prostitute and get their cash back is a bit rum.

Twed

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2019, 05:50:25 PM »
This stuff is so hard to reconcile and that's why I could never be active on any side of the debate. Some stuff is really chillingly misogynistic, but then there's things like that video of Limmy showing how he likes to kill his prostitutes in GTA IV and it feels ridiculous to me that people find that offensive. It would take so much energy to write down the reasoning behind that. So fuck it.

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2019, 06:06:52 PM »
Anyone got any recommendations for games that are EXCLUSIVELY about killing ladies? I just want a game that for once only features ladies and which I am very much looking forward to killing?

Twed

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2019, 06:32:00 PM »
Yeah, it's a little game called WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE, and you've been playing it every day since birth.

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »
Brilliant. Feels great to be on top again.

Twed

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »
I'm trying to think of a real answer to your question, actually. Is there any mainstream game that has been more woman-killy than man-killy?

Twed

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2019, 06:34:20 PM »

Twed

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »
I'm trying to think of a real answer to your question, actually. Is there any mainstream game that has been more woman-killy than man-killy?
Hm, Night Trap? You're not really supposed to kill them, but it's one of the highlights.

Twed

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2019, 06:36:28 PM »
Oh boy there's a game called "Tear Ring Saga". That's the best