Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Killing ladies in video games

Started by wooders1978, April 25, 2019, 07:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just another case of women 'wanting equality' until it means gettin in the firin line.

Edit: Good call, might get the Switch port of Night Trap and get my wank well and truly ON

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twed on May 02, 2019, 06:35:48 PM
Hm, Night Trap? You're not really supposed to kill them, but it's one of the highlights.

The idea of a Night Trap reboot is hilarious to me, the concept, the inevitable backlashes and arguments from both sides, all of it.

Cerys

Quote from: Bazooka on April 25, 2019, 03:43:52 PM
Doing the swan dive in Tomb Raider is a fond memory I will never forget, love ya L.C.

Yup - I've been murdering Lara since before some of you were born.

Twed

Sorry, but nobody was born after 1996. That's just fact.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on May 02, 2019, 06:35:48 PM
Hm, Night Trap? You're not really supposed to kill them, but it's one of the highlights.

Worst example ever.  The controversy behind that game is a joke.  If it were a film, it would be a PG-13 at most and like you say, the entire point is to protect the women (and men) from vampires.  It's only "controversial" because it was used as a scapegoat by clueless morons who'd never even played it.

madhair60

It's probably the fact that it was among the first of its kind, and has a general voyeurism theme, that makes it controversial.

Can I nominate Roberta Williams getting her face pulled off in Phantasmagoria? Not to mention all the other horrible deaths of the wives

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on May 03, 2019, 09:33:47 AM
It's probably the fact that it was among the first of its kind, and has a general voyeurism theme, that makes it controversial.

It's such a quaint game though.  It's a total cheese fest and no more disturbing than your average episode of Goosebumps.  It was only controversial because old fuddy-duddies were operating under the misapprehension that videogames were solely the pastime of children.  It was the 90s equivalent of blaming the ills of society on rock and roll music.

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on May 03, 2019, 09:33:47 AM
Can I nominate Roberta Williams getting her face pulled off in Phantasmagoria? Not to mention all the other horrible deaths of the wives

I don't think that Roberta Williams gets her face pulled off in Phantasmagoria, does she?  I thought that her appearance was limited to a walk by cameo, à la Alfred Hitchcock.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 03, 2019, 11:02:43 AM
I don't think that Roberta Williams gets her face pulled off in Phantasmagoria, does she?  I thought that her appearance was limited to a walk by cameo, à la Alfred Hitchcock.

You're absolutely right, of course. It is in fact Victoria Morsell who gets her face pulled off. And gets raped.

That low-grain thing still puts the fear up me. Nasty, nasty game.

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on May 03, 2019, 11:44:55 AM
That low-grain thing still puts the fear up me. Nasty, nasty game.

A very sensitive portrayal of a homeless lady and a man with learning disabilities though.

A homeless gnome and Derek, there.

Jerzy Bondov

Just had a watch on the old YouTube of her having her face pulled apart, it's a pretty impressive and vivid effect. Poor moo.

Twed

How would we feel if Jill did become a Jill sandwich?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on May 03, 2019, 03:22:06 PM
How would we feel if Jill did become a Jill sandwich?

Depends on the seasoning.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bazooka on April 25, 2019, 03:43:52 PM
Doing the swan dive in Tomb Raider is a fond memory I will never forget, love ya L.C.

"She's drowning. Is that the point of the game?"
"Depends what mood you're in."

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Tomb Raider had some lovely bone snappy noises when you swan dived off a cliff.