Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The 'Thank You, Disney' Thread

Started by madhair60, April 25, 2019, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:25:37 PM
That's completely beside the point.

The point is that he made something up, literally pulled it out of his arse, and you then parroted it as if it has any merit as criticism. This cunt can't even identify the difference between something green and something OTHER THAN GREEN and I'm supposed to give a TENTH OF A FUCK OR MORE about his opinions on a film

Thank you, Disney, for making people like this experience discomfort

madhair60

Thank you Disney for parodying hilarious memes in Wreck It Ralph 2 Wreck It Ralph Goes on The Internet

THANK YOU DISNEY. I WILL DIE FOR YOU

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:28:14 PM
The point is that he made something up, literally pulled it out of his arse, and you then parroted it as if it has any merit as criticism. This cunt can't even identify the difference between something green and something OTHER THAN GREEN and I'm supposed to give a TENTH OF A FUCK OR MORE about his opinions on a film

I didn't parrot the green part and even if he fuck up on that detail (and that is if), then it doesn't change the fact that I think that he made a valid observation about a disparity between the writer's intent and the director's execution.

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:30:16 PM
THANK YOU DISNEY. I WILL DIE FOR YOU

I seriously don't doubt it.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:31:07 PM
I didn't parrot the green part and even if he fuck up on that detail (and that is if)

It's not if because it's not green, Edward

Absorb the anus burn

Thank you Uncle Walt for the sociopathic fascism that provided such great comic fodder for Alexi Sayle's Steamboat Fatty and Nazi Supermen Are Our Superiors from The Simpsons.

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:35:01 PM

Fine but that doesn't alter the point that's being made.  Drool generally isn't green (dare I say even for alien creatures), so the argument being made doesn't hinge on the drool being green.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:35:01 PM

Always tickles my funny bone, these kinds of complaints. CLEARLY the drip was MEANT to come from above so obviously the DIRECTOR fucked up.

Yeah, or the first, second or third AD. Or a runner lost as USB stick. Or they had the shot and tried it, and realized it fucked up the pacing of the scene because it didn't matter where the drip came from. Or that it made people laugh in a scene not being played for laughs. Or like, any one of a million possible other reasons.

CLEARLY the director is incompetent.

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 25, 2019, 07:40:16 PM
Always tickles my funny bone, these kinds of complaints. CLEARLY the drip was MEANT to come from above so obviously the DIRECTOR fucked up.

Yeah, or the first, second or third AD. Or a runner lost as USB stick. Or they had the shot and tried it, and realized it fucked up the pacing the scene because it didn't matter where the drip came from. Or that it made people laugh in a scene not being played for laughs. Or like, any one of a million possible other reasons.

CLEARLY the director is incompetent.

Okay, fair enough.  I think that it's an interesting fuck up in a shitty movie though.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 25, 2019, 07:40:16 PM
Always tickles my funny bone, these kinds of complaints.

Oh yes, I'm sure that you typed this message while laughing.  Absolutely.  Laughing.  Not seething.  No, Siree.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:40:12 PM
Fine but that doesn't alter the point that's being made.  Drool generally isn't green (dare I say even for alien creatures), so the argument being made doesn't hinge on the drool being green.

whyd he say it was green then. it's like if a cunt walked up to you and went hi mate, dogs go meow and cats go woof, now here's my political views in which I'm sure you'll take great stock

Thank you for Aladdin and The Lion King (fuck you for the new versions).

QDRPHNC

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:41:52 PM
Oh yes, I'm sure that you typed this message while laughing.  Absolutely.  Laughing.  Not seething.  No, Siree.

You're very literal.

You're right, I wasn't laughing. Nor was I seething. Jesus Christ, there are points in-between, y'know.

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:41:52 PM
I think that it's an interesting fuck up...

It's not interesting and you don't even know it's a fuck up. So...

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:42:30 PM
whyd he say it was green then. it's like if a cunt walked up to you and went hi mate, dogs go meow and cats go woof, now here's my political views in which I'm sure you'll take great stock

It's interesting the way that people are using the green thing as a means to discredit the entire point being made and not actually engaging with the argument at large, or providing compelling counterarguments to disprove the theory.  No, "he said green and it's not green, therefore the movie I like is amazing and has no flaws".

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 25, 2019, 07:44:03 PM
You're very literal.

You're right, I wasn't laughing. Nor was I seething. Jesus Christ, there are points in-between, y'know.

Very well, you were ambivalent as you typed the message.

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 25, 2019, 07:43:04 PM
Thank you for Aladdin and The Lion King (fuck you for the new versions).

A comment I can endorse.

madhair60

what argument. the cunt made up some total shit and you're saying it's true for literally no reason whatsoever.

the cunt can't even identify the tinge of some spittle. his views on a film are therefore lacking in cachet

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:49:24 PM
what argument. the cunt made up some total shit and you're saying it's true for literally no reason whatsoever.

Not for "literally" no reason whatsoever.  I've already provided my reasoning, which people are yet to provide a counterargument to.

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 07:49:24 PM...the cunt can't even identify the tinge of some spittle. his views on a film are therefore lacking in cachet

The colourblind community takes exception to this comment.

St_Eddie

I just double checked and yes, the drops are indeed (lightly tinged) green in colour.

Crow pie, anyone?

Cuellar

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:10:52 PM
I will never understand the love for Rogue One.  Aside from anything else, the characters (aside from K2-SO) are among the blandest and most uninteresting that I've ever seen in a movie.

It also has a laughable misinterpretation of the script by the director within the opening 10 minutes; there's a scene where Jyn is awakened in an Imperial holding cell by liquid dripping on her from above.  She opens her eyes and looks over to the bunk opposite to hers and sees a fellow prisoner (an alien) sleeping.  I pretty much guarantee that moment was written in the script as Jyn being awakened by liquid falling from above, looking up, only to see a sleeping alien in the bunk bed above hers, with the liquid being revealed as being the alien's drool.

Seriously, rewatch that scene.  It's obvious that's what was in the script and the director just fucked up.  Incompetent.

EDIT: I found the video and moment where I first heard the above.  If you can get past the horseshit clickbait title of the video, then I recommend giving it a watch in full.  It does a great job of covering the many and sundry issues with the movie.

I don't love it by any stretch, I'm confident I'll never watch it again. But coming after watching all the prequels over a weekend it felt like a cold glass of water after crawling through a baking desert of dried shit and rotting animal pieces.

Cuellar

p.s. I think she was awoken by a drip, then looked over and saw the alien snoring and was like "Oh god, first the drip, now this"

Dex Sawash

colacentral

Rogue One has a good final act, a surprisingly bleak ending and a pleasingly weighty visual aesthetic which automatically puts it above every other Star Wars made since Return of the Jedi, which have nothing going for them.

Cuellar

Yes I was pleased with the ending.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cuellar on April 25, 2019, 08:02:30 PM
...coming after watching all the prequels over a weekend it felt like a cold glass of water after crawling through a baking desert of dried shit and rotting animal pieces.

A cold glass of water or a tepid glass of water with dead flies floating in it?

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:31:07 PM
I didn't parrot the green part and even if he fuck up on that detail (and that is if), then it doesn't change the fact that I think that he made a valid observation about a disparity between the writer's intent and the director's execution.

Before you edited in the link you presented it as your own observation for some reason.

Jerzy Bondov

The Last Jedi is terrific. Thank you, Disney, for the best Star Wars film.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on April 25, 2019, 08:13:58 PM
Before you edited in the link you presented it as your own observation for some reason.

I never once claimed to be the one who originally made that observation and the fact that I quickly edited my post to provide the original source for context, once I had located the video, demonstrates that I wasn't attempting to claim authorship of the observation.

People acquire thoughts and opinions from all manner of sources.  It is not necessary to credit the original source for shared opinions and wisdom and to add a disclaimer that you were not the first person in the world to have said this thing, particularly within the realm of film criticism.  Do you not agree with other peoples film criticism and then at a later date echo that criticism?  If so, then do you make sure to unnecessarily credit the original source of that criticism?  It's irrelevant to do so.

Replies From View

I do credit the original source, yeah.  Whether it's film criticism or something else.  Then offer my own views as counterpoint or to agree or whatever.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on April 25, 2019, 08:33:20 PM
I do credit the original source, yeah.  Whether it's film criticism or something else.

Well, good for you.  I don't.  Although I doubt that you do this every single time.  You probably aren't even aware that you inherited an opinion from a different source half of the time, such is the nature of human memory.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 08:34:39 PM
Well, good for you.  I don't.

I'll keep that in mind whenever you post anything from now on.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on April 25, 2019, 08:36:02 PM
I'll keep that in mind whenever you post anything from now on.

Whatever you'd care to do.  It doesn't bother me or have any kind of impact, as to what you think of me.

The Silly Symphonies and a lot of the 30s and 40s shorts, especially the Donald Duck ones, are really magical and joyful in a way that few other things are

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 07:58:17 PM
I just double checked and yes, the drops are indeed (lightly tinged) green in colour.

Crow pie, anyone?

No they're not