Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The 'Thank You, Disney' Thread

Started by madhair60, April 25, 2019, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Dex Sawash

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 09:05:31 PM
No they're not

When the first droplet hits Jyn's forehead, there is a slight green tinge to it.

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 09:17:38 PM
im the wiener

QDRPHNC

Eddie, you haven't made an argument, you've made an assumption.

Three assumptions, in fact. The first is assuming how the scene was meant to be, and the second is assuming you are correct. The third is assuming it's the fault of the director, if indeed there is a fault there at all.

Cuellar

Quote from: Cuellar on April 25, 2019, 08:03:30 PM
p.s. I think she was awoken by a drip, then looked over and saw the alien snoring and was like "Oh god, first the drip, now this"

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 09:41:54 PM
When the first droplet hits Jyn's forehead, there is a slight green tinge to it.

no there isn't as demonstrated above

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 25, 2019, 09:45:42 PM
Eddie, you haven't made an argument, you've made an assumption.

Three assumptions, in fact. The first is assuming how the scene was meant to be, and the second is assuming you are correct. The third is assuming it's the fault of the director, if indeed there is a fault there at all.

You are correct, I did make an assumption but I did not intend to categorise my assumption as fact.

Allow me to clarify my position; I strongly suspect that there was a misinterpretation of the script during the filming of that scene.  I don't know for a fact as to whether this was the case or not but I'm inclined to believe that it is.  If there was indeed a miscommunication or misunderstanding, then I don't know who would be responsible for that, it could be an assistant director or such, but I would imagine that the law of averages would suggest either Gareth Edwards (director) or Tony Gilroy (director of reshoots) was responsible.  That's if the theory is correct, which is impossible to verify without having access to a copy of the shooting script.

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 09:58:45 PM
no there isn't as demonstrated above

According to your not-very-scientific methods, the liquid is black.  Back to the lab with you and your Junior Science Kit, methinks.

mothman

Pixar's best films were probably made in spite of Disney rather than because of them, but I guess their support - of a sort - is something to be thankful for.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 25, 2019, 10:03:56 PM
According to your not-very-scientific methods, the liquid is black.  Back to the lab with you and your Junior Science Kit, methinks.

black is a different colour than green

St_Eddie

Gregory Torso

Sorry to interrupt the flirtatious madhair/eddie dance-off, but I would like to seriously say thank you to Disney because as a little boy I had a book about all the Disney characters and used to trace them on grease proof paper and then rub the other side with a pencil and it would look like I'd drawn it. I am now an excellent cartoonist and I trace (heh) it all back to those days in the kitchen carefully copying over Disney drawings.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 25, 2019, 10:51:23 PM
Sorry to interrupt the flirtatious madhair/eddie dance-off...

Hey, green... black... oranges are not the only fruit.

madhair60

Thank you, Disney, for making totally AIDS remakes that only increase my appreciation for the original movies you're arse-raping.

Glebe

I know they're an evil zillionaire corporation and Uncle Walt probably had some dodgy views and they threw lemmings off a cliff, but I remember going to re-releases of The Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians (original animated films, not the live-action ones, OBVIOUSLY!) and just being in heaven, wonderful memories.

Don't mean to glib about animal cruelty, RE: lemmings, just using off-the-cuff CaB chat, natch.

Urinal Cake

Thank You, Disney/Miramax for Chungking Express etc.

jobotic

This is the best argument thread I've read in a while, hats off.

I reckon the pig in Moana was meant to have more of a sidekick role but they decided against it. He never leaves the island! Don't know why he's in it really. I'm pretty sure about this and have extensive research notes so I'd be wary of making any counter arguments if I were you.

Dex Sawash

The pig does his own stunts, he nearly drowned in the first reef crossing scene. They rewrote his part to a lesser role in response because Disney cares about people and animals.

Shaky

Disneyland Paris (as it was called when I went in 1993) was fucking great, so thanks Disney.

Thanks also for Touchstone Films/Pictures, purveyor of many fine films during the heyday of VHS.

Thanks for The Dark Cauldron as well.

Thanks!

Hey, Punk!

Stop liking Disney please, it bad.

Glebe

Quote from: Shaky on May 03, 2019, 04:12:34 AMThanks for The Dark Cauldron as well.

The Black Cauldron, surely? I've never seen it, but I had a bit of an obsession with it as a kid cos some cereal had free tie-in plastic figures in special packs!

Brundle-Fly

Thanks for your live-action comedy films from the 60s and 70s.

Especially this gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51y8pMuGygg

Sin Agog

The animation's not great (lots of Flintstoney loops), but as a comedy Robin Hood works surprisingly well. 'specially anything involving Sir Hiss.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on May 04, 2019, 05:41:45 AM
The Black Cauldron, surely? I've never seen it, but I had a bit of an obsession with it as a kid cos some cereal had free tie-in plastic figures in special packs!

I remember little polystyrene characters from the film Willow in boxes of Shredded Wheat or something.  Just flat pictures of them and maybe they had a little stand.  Funny how shite like that makes you absolutely fixate on stuff as a kid.

Was Willow of Disney descent?  If so bravo, Disney!!  You made a film I saw featuring Warwick Davies!!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 04, 2019, 02:04:42 PM
The animation's not great (lots of Flintstoney loops), but as a comedy Robin Hood works surprisingly well. 'specially anything involving Sir Hiss.

A ton of recycled character animation too.

Good movie though.  It's one of my childhood favourites.

Quote from: Replies From View on May 04, 2019, 02:18:38 PM
I remember little polystyrene characters from the film Willow in boxes of Shredded Wheat or something.  Just flat pictures of them and maybe they had a little stand.

Oh, wow!  I'd completely forgotten about this but as soon as you mentioned it, it all came flooding back.

EDIT: A quick Google image search reveals that it was a Kellogg's Corn Flakes promotion...