Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UKIP MEP candidate caught up in racial slur scandal

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 26, 2019, 12:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 29, 2019, 08:09:14 AM
They can be disruptive, like Farage is, which is why there was some consternation about us taking part. What they can't do is meaningfully change the EU, alter its direction, or affect what it is in any way at all. They are a rubber stamping body.

Leaves on the line are disruptive, children cycling on the pavement are disruptive.  Why would Jacob Rees Mogg threaten an all-powerful fascist behemoth with a few paltry cunt British MEPs (and why would the EU be bothered if it was just about that)?

You can't have it both ways, either make your shitty protest and help send some appalling right wing con artist to embarrass Britain yet again in Brussels or stand by your assertion that MEPs mean nothing and are powerless. 

sponk

I've got to say the best thing about some of these scandals is that Sargon's words ARE being taken out of context and misrepresented to smear him. This is what he's been making a living doing for years. He has a track record of misrepresenting left-wingers views and setting online hate-mobs against them, and sometimes bullying them viciously in real life, so it's great that he's finally on the receiving end.

Buelligan

I don't think it is.  Shitty behaviour and lies are not good things.  That's the whole of it. 

Whilst I freely acknowledge in the dark recesses of my heart, I have felt that this awful person deserves an unlooked-for buggering, if anyone does, I would never applaud such a thing should it unfortunately take place.

More badness is always more badness, irrespective of who's doing it.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Buelligan on April 29, 2019, 10:34:07 AM
Leaves on the line are disruptive, children cycling on the pavement are disruptive.  Why would Jacob Rees Mogg threaten an all-powerful fascist behemoth with a few paltry cunt British MEPs (and why would the EU be bothered if it was just about that)?

You can't have it both ways, either make your shitty protest and help send some appalling right wing con artist to embarrass Britain yet again in Brussels or stand by your assertion that MEPs mean nothing and are powerless.

Yup. Biggy and his sort's ideas:

http://www.openculture.com/2016/11/umberto-eco-makes-a-list-of-the-14-common-features-of-fascism.html

QuoteThe enemy is both strong and weak. "By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."

Dr Rock

Cuellar

Pfft what does 'Umberto Eco' know about what fascism is?

Cuckberto Cucko

Gerald Fjord

Umberto Eco loved the EU though so probably a jew elite.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on April 29, 2019, 12:56:26 PM
Umberto Eco loved the EU though so probably a jew elite.

And an environmentalist ("Eco"), so definitely an elite in league with the forces of big oil.

madhair60

I've been wracking my brain and I can't think of a bad thing that could befall Carl Benjamin that I wouldn't take very real joy in.

Cuellar

A feminist buys the last cream bun in the bakers. Carl Benjamin seethes.

An SJW holds a door open for him and he is emasculated.

A Marxist takes the last parking space close to the Aldi, Carl Benjamin has to park in what is technically Homebase's car park. Getting his trolley full of food and household goods to the car will now involve a perilous trip over a speed bump or a long detour to the zebra crossing.

Dr Rock

I think he says the N word a lot. You know, when blathering on about free speech or whatnot. Can we have him cancelled for that?

phantom_power

Carl Benjamin submits multiple reviews of Captain Marvel on Rotten Tomatoes, despite having not seen the film

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: madhair60 on April 29, 2019, 03:30:52 PM
I've been wracking my brain and I can't think of a bad thing that could befall Carl Benjamin that I wouldn't take very real joy in.
[/quote

I can. Just being him.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 29, 2019, 03:50:11 PM
I think he says the N word a lot. You know, when blathering on about free speech or whatnot. Can we have him cancelled for that?

Ah I see that was covered in the first post, soz x

Quote from: sponk on April 29, 2019, 10:45:15 AM
I've got to say the best thing about some of these scandals is that Sargon's words ARE being taken out of context and misrepresented to smear him. This is what he's been making a living doing for years. He has a track record of misrepresenting left-wingers views and setting online hate-mobs against them, and sometimes bullying them viciously in real life, so it's great that he's finally on the receiving end.

which specific instances has he been misrepresented in? people keep saying this, but seem oddly reluctant to pull specific examples

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 29, 2019, 05:30:07 PM
which specific instances has he been misrepresented in? people keep saying this, but seem oddly reluctant to pull specific examples

Ha, what really? This person who is currently being portrayed across all media as a fascist racist misogynist antisemite child abuse/rape advocate who sets hate-mobs against people who disagree with him? I know what you're thinking: HE IS THOSE THINGS. People keep saying that too, but seem equally reluctant to pull specific, non-disingenuous examples.

Okay, but what specific statements of his have been misconstrued, and in what way?

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 29, 2019, 09:18:55 PM
huh

Nobody?

Whoa there! Had a few things to do. There are several 'debunking the smears' videos on YouTube but I suspect you won't like any of them. Certainly there seems to be a misconception that his flippant use of certain taboo words equals active hatred or discrimination against entire races and genders. Journalists who should have better things to do have presumably been going through four-hour streams that Sargon did five years ago to 200 viewers and isolating lines like "I find racist jokes funny", which is then promoted as if he only ever finds racist jokes funny, however shit they are, with the sole reason being he's an evil nasty racist cunt.

Also, this weekend the Sun and the Mail have both been running with the headline that Carl thinks "it's OK to sexually abuse boys", which needless to say is wilfully misconstruing a sentence he constructed on the fly during a long-form discussion on a five-year-old livestream, and dropping it into the public domain surrounded by words like 'vile' and 'sick', which is spectacularly irresponsible. I can only presume the Tory press attack dogs saw him calling the legacy media "dirty dirty smear merchants" and thought, well you asked for it pal. Which he did, really. But he has never thought it OK to sexually abuse boys. So that's quite a misconstrual.

Cuellar

Okay, I'm still not seeing an actual examples, what did he specifically say and how was it misinterpreted (i.e. the most common interpretation across the press, not just how some lone tweeter said about it) I want direct quotes, not just weirdly coy handwaving

madhair60

Yeah but it's Sargon so if he got fitted up for noncing it would be even funnier than if he actually did it.

imitationleather

Quote from: madhair60 on April 29, 2019, 10:46:28 PM
Yeah but it's Sargon so if he got fitted up for noncing it would be even funnier than if he actually did it.

Haha. This has cheered me right up.

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on April 29, 2019, 10:46:28 PM

Entirely accurate.

Ferris

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 29, 2019, 10:43:25 PM
Okay, I'm still not seeing an actual examples, what did he specifically say and how was it misinterpreted (i.e. the most common interpretation across the press, not just how some lone tweeter said about it) I want direct quotes, not just weirdly coy handwaving

He was talking to a victim of child sex abuse who was claiming that he had enjoyed the experience of sex as a child, who mentions that the police had tried to convince that him he didn't know what he was doing, when he claims he did. So quite an unorthodox and complex sort of outlook to navigate. Carl said in response "Yeah I think um, yeah, it depends on the child really doesn't it? Because some kids mature faster than others... It should really be a case-by-case basis shouldn't it, but I can see why, the whole thing... it's not really something I've ever put much thought to." He made it clear that he supported the age of consent law, expressing the opinion that it should be raised to 18.

Cut to The Sun:
UKIP SEX SHAME Top Ukip candidate says it's OK to rape young boys in sick YouTube rant

And cue the left cheering on the irresponsible lies of the right-wing gutter press.

Did he make his views on the age of consent clear within that conversation, or later after the story broke?

Where is the 'left cheering' the Sun? Did you just make that up?

What about his "you're acting like a n**ger mate" or "I wouldn't even rape you" stuff? Does that become better with context?