Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UKIP MEP candidate caught up in racial slur scandal

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 26, 2019, 12:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Also, he was 'cheesed off' with Jess... yes, because his motivations for saying what he said were clearly vindictive and spiteful. This is extremely obvious to everyone else. You'd have to completely disregard his general demeanour to come to any other conclusion. He has contempt for Jess Phillips and lashed out at her to hurt her feelings, while loading in some plausible deniability for the fuckwit chinstrokers to rush to his defense with. This whole discussion is a joke.

The basic misunderstanding here is that since gamergate there are guys who have made their whole career upon harassment of women based on spurious pseudo-ideological justifications. You either believe their weak rationalisations for their relentless bullying and jeering, or you occupy the real world and see this stuff for what it is. Carl ain't that bright. He's an impulsive, vindictive crybully. I should not have to be explaining this.

Never thought I'd see the day that Jeremy Corbyn condemned YouTuber Sargon of Akkad but here we are

Funny to see so much milk news without a comment from Mike Gapes!

idunnosomename

he's too busy lactating into the mouths of chuka and anna

idunnosomename

I hope he gets banged up for violent and intimidating language in an election campaign, but this is playing right into the hands of Jess Phillips to talk about herself all the time

(not to say that all is this isn't legitimately intimidating to her and unacceptable abuse but that doesn't stop her being an awful person)

absolutely, him just handing her a free opportunity to occupy the (legitimate (in this specific case)) moral high ground in order to bolster her credibility is frustrating because she's such a terrible politician in so many ways.

NoOffenceLynn

madhair60

Hahahahahaha he's going down. God this is brilliant. Hope they don't confiscate his shoelaces.

Cuellar

Buelligan

But before the jail, I hope he has to listen to Jess Phillips explaining to him how his behaviour has impacted on her.  I hope they give her as long as she feels she needs.

madhair60

marquis_de_sad

I hope no prison. He'd get badboy points for it and would never stop talking about it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 07, 2019, 01:05:13 PM
absolutely, him just handing her a free opportunity to occupy the (legitimate (in this specific case)) moral high ground in order to bolster her credibility is frustrating because she's such a terrible politician in so many ways.

Yeah and Phillips has been pushing for de-anonymisation of people on sites like Twitter so really all they're doing is providing her with more ammunition to do so.

Buelligan

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 07, 2019, 02:38:07 PM
I hope no prison. He'd get badboy points for it and would never stop talking about it.

Would he really though.  I think he's soft as shite.  I don't think you can get the bad boy points without the minerals, it's not the Priory.  I think he'd discover a whole new him.

Ferris

Funcrusher

They should both get life imprisonment with no access to Twitter, problem solved.

Zetetic

This story seems to have given cover to at least one existing UKIP MEP to dump the party and transfer to TBP.

Useful for painting the former as a fuck-up and the latter as definitely-not-brimming-with-scum.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Buelligan on May 07, 2019, 02:41:18 PM
Would he really though.  I think he's soft as shite.  I don't think you can get the bad boy points without the minerals, it's not the Priory.  I think he'd discover a whole new him.

Well Tommy Robinson turned into a big baby - making out like not having a TV meant he was basically in Guantanamo Bay, and then lied about how many Muslims were in there, making out like he'd been put there deliberately so that someone would do a bad Muslim murder on him - but it doesn't seem to have stuck to his reputation at all.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Zetetic on May 07, 2019, 06:26:57 PM
This story seems to have given cover to at least one existing UKIP MEP to dump the party and transfer to TBP.

Useful for painting the former as a fuck-up and the latter as definitely-not-brimming-with-scum.

Nothing would be funnier to me than these jumped-up YouTube cunts realising how out of their depths they are when all the (right-wing cunt fascist) adults with experience of politics abandon them to a sinking ship.

Buelligan

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 07, 2019, 06:31:52 PM
Well Tommy Robinson turned into a big baby - making out like not having a TV meant he was basically in Guantanamo Bay, and then lied about how many Muslims were in there, making out like he'd been put there deliberately so that someone would do a bad Muslim murder on him - but it doesn't seem to have stuck to his reputation at all.

Autopsy Turvey

If when Jeremy Corbyn says "this is appalling and it has absolutely no place anywhere in our society" he's talking about partisan hack websites' spectacularly irresponsible and embittered misrepresentation of ideological opponents, then I'm right behind him. Otherwise we'd have to face up to the fact that we live in a country where police investigate bad-taste quips containting unambiguous lack of criminal intent, solely because enough hysterical smartphone activists with a vested interest in shutting down plausible opposition feign outrage on behalf of someone they perceive as a victim, even though she made a sick shock bad-taste quip about wanting to stab Jeremy Corbyn through his heart. An MP joking about knife crime, it's a disgrace, I'm phoning the police, I will you know, I will go to the po-lice etc.

mugwump ji sum

Yes, it would be nice to see Jeremy Corbyn get as worked up about rape gangs as he does about rape tweets. It would also be nice if he could draw on his anti-semite row experience to dismiss the broadcast and print media are little more than point-and-screech political activists, rather than joining in with them when he's not the target.

As for Sargon, even though he's insufferably supercilious with a vacuous ideology, compared to the press and regular politicians he's almost sympathetic. Problem is that his rape comments are actually obnoxious and unnecessary and a massive turn off for white working class voters. He's using Trumpian press handling tactics, but he's picked the wrong issue to do it on so it's gone pear shaped.

phantom_power

It would be nice if cunts didn't make rape tweets as well. If you honestly think it is just about someone saying something offensive and not a wider point about someone's ideology and how they see and treat women then you are fucking deluded. Of course it has no place in society, and I am sure Corbyn is not a fan of rape gangs either but that hardly needs saying really. This does though, apparently

jobotic

Perhaps Corbyn should try and fuck up the trials of grooming gangs in order to generate himself publicity, or hide the sex crimes of his white friends, then these pricks would be on board.

madhair60