Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UKIP MEP candidate caught up in racial slur scandal

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 26, 2019, 12:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 26, 2019, 02:12:30 PM
This debate really shows that Sargon is a blustery whiner who is incapable of having a conversation because he can't get past the bizarre culture war bullshit in his head that infuriates him so much: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4KCM6R8rBW4
Clicked a random point, heard Carl say 'hegemonic ruleset' and receive applause, closed the tab. British man use clever word. Clap clap clap.

Cuellar

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 26, 2019, 02:12:30 PM
This debate really shows that Sargon is a blustery whiner who is incapable of having a conversation because he can't get past the bizarre culture war bullshit in his head that infuriates him so much: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4KCM6R8rBW4

Skip to 1:03:11 if you want to see Sargon become a bellowing pub bore

Oh god this is going to ruin my youtube algorithms innit

biggytitbo

I agree with 'Karl Benjamin' up to a point - people should be allowed to say whatever they want in a free society. Sure, but he appears to think this means he should be allowed to say what he wants with impunity, and gets all pissy when people say they don't like it when he calls a disabled child a retard or whatever it is. He's also remarkably sensitive to other people's free speech for a free speech extremist.

He's not in youtube land now, he's standing for election, it's kind of amazing that he thinks he can be an edgelord all he likes and nobody is going to bring it up and use it against him.

In that Kate McCann interview he refused to explain his past comments, saying his hundreds of hours of youtube videos provide the context that he can't explain in an interview, but you're standing for election, you have to explain it in an accessible way - you can't demand people you want to vote for you sit through hundreds of hours of shitty youtube videos.

He then made a reasonable point that the media don't want to take about the real issues and are obsessed with finding 'offensive' things people have said instead - fair enough, so she then asked him to name his top 5 real issues he was standing on and he didn't have any.

He appeared on Sky News yesterday (edit- as Biggy has already noted) and was as charming as ever: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0kxO6CzaY

madhair60

The good thing about him becoming more of a public figure is that it's more likely that he'll get his useless head staved in.

BlodwynPig

Narcissistic ur-bores in comfortable 1950s chairs

$3, under-8s go free

biggytitbo

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 26, 2019, 02:38:18 PM

On the basic principle of free speech, although he describes himself as a 'free speech extremist', as if extremism is an appropriate platform for public office.

I mean if we have a thought experiment for a moment and take his argument in good faith - he's not actually a bad person he just likes to be able to say whatever offensive thing he wants for its comedy value and they're just words and within his little youtube world everyone gets it and its internet culture that the media can't comprehend.

We can understand that, imagine the Daily Mail getting hold of this forum - they'd be able to make anyone on here look awful be selectively taking things posted on here out of context and not understanding the ethos of the place.
But I don't imagine poo is going to stand for election going on about spitting on people's foreskins and then complaining that Sky News just don't get it.

He's basically going to get a very painful lesson that you can indeed say whatever you like in this country but you can't do so in public without consequences.

Jerzy Bondov

I hope he loses a lot of money over this. Presumably he's already in a bit of a hole having bought a bad suit and tie.

BlodwynPig

I blame the BBC giving greater weight to public opinion over the years. Everyone now has a right to their 15 minutes and MUST exercise that right.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: sponk on April 26, 2019, 01:55:21 PM
It looks like a customer at CEX has been a bit gobby while trying to return a game so Dankula has called the manager out to handle it.

Tell me that he doesn't look like every male employee at CEX and we can have a fight.
Thing of beauty

Mister Six

BlodwynPig

biggytitbo

madhair60

That entire youtube video seems to be an absolute car crash. I watched about 5-10 minutes from the time stamp referenced earlier and the guy comes out with an endless stream of gibberish. Someone had him bang to rights in the comments by pointing out he lives his life entirely on the internet. A tremendous false equivalence between feminism and white nationalism in terms of promotion of sectional influence. While there is lots in the entire patriarchy/intersectional feminism approach I can find fault with, the inference that white men are somehow not the dominant force in western society is clearly misguided. Ironically, to understand some of the issues that face white men in terms of social detriment he would be best to introduce class into his analysis, and no doubt that would fit ill at ease with his 'classical liberal' schtick.

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 26, 2019, 02:54:16 PM
I mean if we have a thought experiment for a moment and take his argument in good faith - he's not actually a bad person he just likes to be able to say whatever offensive thing he wants for its comedy value and they're just words and within his little youtube world everyone gets it and its internet culture that the media can't comprehend.

We can understand that, imagine the Daily Mail getting hold of this forum - they'd be able to make anyone on here look awful be selectively taking things posted on here out of context and not understanding the ethos of the place.
But I don't imagine poo is going to stand for election going on about spitting on people's foreskins and then complaining that Sky News just don't get it.

He's basically going to get a very painful lesson that you can indeed say whatever you like in this country but you can't do so in public without consequences.

Yeah, it's also a lesson about comedy, isn't it?  Part of funny is danger.  Is it dangerous to punch down?  Is it dangerous to demand that whatever shit drops from your mouth, you don't have to clean it up or apologise? 

Answer is, no, no it is not.  Any cunt can be funny if it just involves saying something rude through the letterbox in a security door.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Mister Six on April 26, 2019, 03:13:30 PM
Treguard has let himself go racist.

"Shut up. Shut up. Let me speak. Shut up. Your identity politics will not see you through the labyrinth"

Blumf

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2019, 12:36:52 PMWhat a fucking time this is, when cunts like this and Tommeh are standing for election.

To be fair, there have been multiple genuinely far right parties regularly fielding candidates in various UK elections since the 1950s. Ten years ago, the actual white nationalist BNP leader Nick Griffin wasn't just allowed on Question Time, he effectively had the entire episode devoted to him. So that everyone could see him as the unreasonable and hollow sack of shit that he is. Sunlight was the best disinfectant; since then the actual far right has been roundly rejected in this country, the BNP and NF and all their offshoots are back to being tiny loony fringe joke parties, if they even still exist at all. But will the BBC invite Sargon or 'Tommeh' onto Question Time? To expose their so-called phobias and let Bonnie Greer wipe the floor with them? If not why not?

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on April 26, 2019, 01:37:19 PM
It's all been taken completely out of context according to his disciples. No racism to see here, guv, no siree

Well, it is just a list of all the forbidden words that he has ever used in public. To be fair they do give some context for some of them, and that context is clearly not "he went up to an ethnic minority and screamed racial slurs in their face because he hates ethnic minorities", the context is more that if he hadn't trampled so inelegantly and provocatively all over the sensitivities of a certain class of political journalist/activist, they wouldn't be covering him and this thread wouldn't exist.

Indeed, it was a far lefty friend of mine who alerted me to Sargon's existence when he posted in favour of shutting down a talk he was giving at a university, on the basis that he was "a mouthpiece of the far right". So I watched some of his videos, and discovered that's not what he is, unless you have a problem defining terms and have only ever heard about him via hit pieces on left-wing hack partisan websites like Buzzfeed.

Quote from: Baron von Klaus on April 26, 2019, 01:38:06 PM
I've had two independent people say the same exact thing to me on two separate occasions, which is that "Sargon has quite the intellectual toolkit on him".

Wow that's a very unusual and specific phrase to arise independently. I don't knowingly know anyone who has even heard of Sargon, except the lad who was trying to get him banned (and they succeeded, you'll all be pleased to hear, sunlight is not the best disinfectant, legal speech must be curtailed for people I disagree with etc).

QuoteOn the evidence of what little I've read and seen of him so far...

Well quite!

QuoteWhere did they get that idea from? Does he make interesting videos on history or philosophy to make up for it? I only ask because I've never seen a full video of his.

Possibly they get that idea from having seen some of his full videos, or at least having read and seen more evidence than you. Intellectual doesn't necessarily mean brainbox boffin with a head full of Bertrand Russell, it just describes a process of reasoned analysis, and Sargon sometimes does that quite well, when he's not just openly goading the far left (or the far right) with boorish insults and forbidden words.

Quote from: Baron von Klaus on April 26, 2019, 01:44:12 PM
My dad said "It's clear which one was the intellectual there", by which he meant Sargon. Again, where are people getting this idea from?

'People'?! Your own dad!? If only we could ask him! Surely he meant that compared to the actual racist white nationalist Richard Spencer, Sargon seemed like the clever one?

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 26, 2019, 01:47:08 PM
They look identical. Good to know how to spot the neu-breed cunt of modern times.

Well no they don't, but I can appreciate from a Guess Who perspective that all 30something white men with beards look the same.

Quote from: sponk on April 26, 2019, 01:48:19 PM
In this "debate" he makes it pretty obvious that he has no intellect to rely on, but he is a pretty effective bully so he gave the impression of winning.

Well he was also up against a sloppy petulant whingeing prick who's even worse at debating than he is, which also helped to give that impression.

QuoteHe's also remarkably sensitive to other people's free speech for a free speech extremist.

Not sure which examples you mean, he may object to things that people say, but I've never heard him say that anyone should be denied the right to say things that he objects to?

Quoteshe then asked him to name his top 5 real issues he was standing on and he didn't have any.

Well that's not quite true, he made the reasonable point that as an MEP there'd be no real change that he could affect, and then went on to mention encouraging wider debate on and providing stronger opposition to things like identity politics, political correctness and radical Islam. Obviously these aren't policies like 3p off stamp duty is a policy, but he knows he's only ever going to be an eccentric protest vote in an unimportant facade of an election.

biggytitbo

QuoteNot sure which examples you mean, he may object to things that people say, but I've never heard him say that anyone should be denied the right to say things that he objects to?

Sure, I get that, but he's a very sensitive man isn't he?

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on April 26, 2019, 03:56:30 PM
Well that's not quite true, he made the reasonable point that as an MEP there'd be no real change that he could affect, and then went on to mention encouraging wider debate on and providing stronger opposition to things like identity politics, political correctness and radical Islam. Obviously these aren't policies like 3p off stamp duty is a policy, but he knows he's only ever going to be an eccentric protest vote in an unimportant facade of an election.

I know MEPs have no worth but I didn't hear him mention anything about the EU at all, maybe they cut all that out?

Autopsy Turvey

He's a UKIP, surely we take his policy on the EU as read!

Buelligan

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on April 26, 2019, 03:56:30 PM
... he knows he's only ever going to be an eccentric protest vote in an unimportant facade of an election.

And so do most people. 

And so, now, the British people take back control of their sacred democracy and Boatymcboatface it in front the world.  It's like watching someone down their twentieth pint of sick to mad applause.  Literally.

sponk

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 26, 2019, 02:31:07 PM
He appeared on Sky News yesterday (edit- as Biggy has already noted) and was as charming as ever: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0kxO6CzaY
"Footage obtained by Sky News", meaning we downloaded this from YouTube as virtually anyone can. I thought that was a pretty good report otherwise, though I seem to be in the minority there.

184 TU

2.8K TD

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on April 26, 2019, 03:56:30 PMWow that's a very unusual and specific phrase to arise independently. I don't knowingly know anyone who has even heard of Sargon, except the lad who was trying to get him banned (and they succeeded, you'll all be pleased to hear, sunlight is not the best disinfectant, legal speech must be curtailed for people I disagree with etc).

Yes, two separate people mentioned his "intellectual toolkit". You're right in that it's an unusual phrase to arise independently, but it did, which makes me wonder if it's a specific phrase that's been used elsewhere.

QuoteI don't knowingly know anyone who has even heard of Sargon, except the lad who was trying to get him banned (and they succeeded, you'll all be pleased to hear, sunlight is not the best disinfectant, legal speech must be curtailed for people I disagree with etc).

You know, people can still think he comes across as a twat without believing all that stuff at the end (which I don't, you'll be pleased to hear).

QuoteWell quite!

I don't know what else you want me to say. I'm not going to be dishonest and claim I've watched very much of him. He just seems like a twat from what little I've seen of him.

QuotePossibly they get that idea from having seen some of his full videos, or at least having read and seen more evidence than you.

Yeah, which is why I asked for some good examples, the sort that would warrant people I respect praising his intellectual prowess.

QuoteIntellectual doesn't necessarily mean brainbox boffin with a head full of Bertrand Russell, it just describes a process of reasoned analysis, and Sargon sometimes does that quite well, when he's not just openly goading the far left (or the far right) with boorish insults and forbidden words.

Admittedly, my idea of an intellectual does tend towards 'brainbox boffin with a head full of science, history and culture'. I always thought it described individuals not a process.

Quote'People'?! Your own dad!? If only we could ask him! Surely he meant that compared to the actual racist white nationalist Richard Spencer, Sargon seemed like the clever one?

There were two separate people and then my dad's comment was a further example. A third one, if you will.

No, my dad thinks he was clever by comparison and he thinks he's an intellectual in general.

Buelligan

Can I just say, I have one hope in all of this.  That is that Nick Park makes a short stop motion film of their best bits (possibly featuring Dankula's dog too).  I know I shouldn't want this but I do.

Cuellar

I hope the racist pug bites Sargon on the cock end

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on April 26, 2019, 03:43:48 PM

"Shut up. Shut up. Let me speak. Shut up. Your identity politics will not see you through the labyrinth"

Quote from: Blumf on April 26, 2019, 03:43:58 PM
"Warning team! A Cultural Marxist approaches"

Stunning work you two.  Infinity imaginary karma.

sponk

Death to Carl Benjamin.
Death penalty WORLDWIDE for every rapist and rape advocate.
NOW.

It is interesting how otherwise liberal and progressive people go a bit mental and turn into authoritarian, state-murder advocates when it comes to rape. Lots of "SJW"  spaces online are just a middle class, internet version of one of those vigilante mobs whipped into house burnings by the tabloids.