Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UKIP MEP candidate caught up in racial slur scandal

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 26, 2019, 12:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 27, 2019, 06:06:26 AM
Hasn't his reach been demonetised by Youtube (or will they return his right to turn a profit from hate-mongering)?  Imagine if he has to become one of the working class, he won't have any time to make his lovely videos.

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 27, 2019, 07:12:04 AM
He got demonetized and de-Patreoned in the last year, both for breaking hate speech rules.

I am delighted this misfortune has befallen him.

And all as a result of his daft hubris! Terrific.

Dr Rock

He's done a new YouTube where he says he's committed to carrying on in UKIP, and the way he's suddenly dressed smart and there are two flags in the background (Union Jack and English Cross), he has presumably not been kicked out yet (they've got to find a new leader now Gerard Batten has quit). However the reason UKIP took him (and Dankula) on is that they came to UKIP saying their big internet following would lead to votes. Not only did it not, Sargon's South-West UKIP result was a -29% compared to a national average of -24%. He's toxic, but he can't see that of course.

jobotic

Isn't Dunkula (I feel stupid writing that) now caliming it was all a bit of a joke? Like all his failings.

Buelligan

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2019, 10:11:41 AM
He's done a new YouTube where he says he's committed to carrying on in UKIP, and the way he's suddenly dressed smart and there are two flags in the background (Union Jack and English Cross), he has presumably not been kicked out yet (they've got to find a new leader now Gerard Batten has quit). However the reason UKIP took him (and Dankula) on is that they came to UKIP saying their big internet following would lead to votes. Not only did it not, Sargon's South-West UKIP result was a -29% compared to a national average of -24%. He's toxic, but he can't see that of course.

I think the reason Sargon, Dunkula, Milo and so on, were used was to create the appearance of a more despicable ridiculous hateful grouping to stand alongside Farage's fascists and make them appear, by contrast, electable.

Cloud

I'm glad that people like Sauron of Argos have failed to meme their way into seats.  Shows that they're not as infuencial outside of Youtube as they (and I) thought.  I'd echo the analysis I heard elsewhere, that anyone who spends a lot of time online thought Trump memed his way into office (and not other reasons like Clinton being shit, Republicans having a very firm base of religious zealot supporters etc) and so these guys thought they could replicate it in the UK.

Dr Rock

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/27/humiliated-tommy-robinson-sneaks-out-of-election-count-early

Katie Fanning, a Ukip director who sits on its national executive committee, admitted its election campaign had been overshadowed by the controversy surrounding its South West England candidate Carl Benjamin, the blogger known as Sargon of Akkad, who refused to apologise for making comments about raping the Labour MP Jess Philips.

"We've done very poorly," she told the Guardian before the results were declared. "Ukip had a major opportunity to do very well in these elections as the democratic will of the people has been overturned, but it's quite clear from Ukip's actions over the last three years that people have lost confidence in us as being the primary party of Brexit."

Fanning said she felt the party would be lucky to get three seats in total. "I believe that's because Ukip's EU campaign has been overshadowed by Sargon of Akkad's disgusting comments and rape jokes and things he has said in the past. That's very much marred Ukip's reputation."

Dr Rock

Published at the same time Carl was uploading his video to YouTube about his future in Ukip.

Buelligan

Quote from: Buelligan on May 28, 2019, 10:21:07 AM
I think the reason Sargon, Dunkula, Milo and so on, were used was to create the appearance of a more despicable ridiculous hateful grouping to stand alongside Farage's fascists and make them appear, by contrast, electable.

madhair60

Why do they keep referring to him by his fake internet name? baffling

Blumf

sponk

Obviously. Farage was too late getting that invisible potty he was carrying.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blumf on May 28, 2019, 03:13:37 PM
Did somebody clean up after Widdlecombe had done her business?
In a word: no

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

imitationleather

imitationleather

Would love to see the hundreds upon hundreds of top-notch quality candidates that would stand for The Brexit Party in a General Election.

Funcrusher

Howj Begg

sponk

That's missing the words "to your £1million" before "home"

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: imitationleather on May 28, 2019, 03:53:12 PM
Would love to see the hundreds upon hundreds of top-notch quality candidates that would stand for The Brexit Party in a General Election.

I might stand for them. I don't have any toxic comments easily findable online and can say 'just get us out'. Once I win, I'll just join the Labour benches and act like a decent reasonable person again.

TrenterPercenter

[https://youtu.be/c4l7bSuAOhM]

This is really good and surprisingly more accurate in critique than most mainstream outfits

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 27, 2019, 02:09:18 PM
I am delighted this misfortune has befallen him.

And all as a result of his daft hubris! Terrific.

What is it with you lot and silencing people?

I mean, Femi and Owen are appalling cunts, but I can't imagine the mindset you have to get to to revel in them being silenced

The only explanation I can come up with is - your ideology is so appalling, so unsellable to the working classes, that you cannot allow people to see alternative opinions

Is that true lads?

kittens

but paulie would you not be happy if owen jones could no longer get his articles published? personally i absolutely love it when bad things happen to people i dislike. i don't know if that's to do with supporting the labour party. i think i'm just spiteful.

idunnosomename

kittens

come come, mr walnuts, you get as much fulfillment out of silencing people as i do

Buelligan

I for one would like Carl Benjamin to give free speech.  Don't charge, just give us the free stuff. 
For the love of it.

Let us have excess of it.

Ferris

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 01, 2019, 08:21:56 PM
What is it with you lot and silencing people?

I mean, Femi and Owen are appalling cunts, but I can't imagine the mindset you have to get to to revel in them being silenced

The only explanation I can come up with is - your ideology is so appalling, so unsellable to the working classes, that you cannot allow people to see alternative opinions

Is that true lads?

Ooh missed this. Which lot am I then?