Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UKIP MEP candidate caught up in racial slur scandal

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 26, 2019, 12:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

I think UKIP have a "we have nothing to lose, and all publicity is good" attitude to this. These elections are a last throw of the dice for them, and they're hoping Benjamin and the party has some of Trump's inexplicable ability to ride out huge scandals and eventually be electorally successful. Time will tell if their hopes will be fulfilled.

hummingofevil

Quote from: sponk on April 26, 2019, 07:46:21 PM
You're right about this. You can be forgiven for making the mistake as they're both obsessed with calling people racists and fascists. They're just as divisive and bad for race relations as many of the right-wingers they're accusing.

One would only draw the conclusion that the act of a black man calling out a white man for supporting actual fascists is equally divisive as a white man supporting actual fascists if one was, themselves, a bit of a fascist.

Lammy was right about Mogg (and right about Comic Relief too).

sponk

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 26, 2019, 08:31:16 PM
One would only draw the conclusion that the act of a black man calling out a white man for supporting actual fascists is equally divisive as a white man supporting actual fascists if one was, themselves, a bit of a fascist.

Who has done that?

Cuellar

This Sargon of Akkad... Let me tell ya, this guy's a real jerk!

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 26, 2019, 08:06:33 PM
I don't think the brexit party is a fascist party, if you do then you are a moron who doesn't understand what fascism is. The brexit party is a single issue protest party set up for those that wish to respect a democratic vote to leave the EU.

But then having Nigel Farage living in your mind, eating your brain, it's hardly surprising you believe mad things.

That's you're new thing isn;t it? Very impressive. I'm probably mentally ill, eh?

I do get upset by the far-right, so glad that amuses you.

Dr Rock

Biggy never accepts anything is fascist except Mussolini

sponk

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 26, 2019, 09:38:32 PM
Biggy never accepts anything is fascist except Mussolini

Do you think Dankula and Akkad are fascist?

Dr Rock

I don't know much about Dankula, but Sargon scores quite high. Wants a pure ethnic nation like the good old days.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

The thing is, everything he does and says absolutely makes sense within the internet. It's also quite clever going by the other states on offer. The problem for him is, as he has now brought to his own attention, there is a life outside the internet - and all these hypothetical 'I can say what I want' arguments that work so well online fall apart rather quickly on contact with rude and immediate reality. The debate we should really be having isn't how someone like this has got themselves this close to politics, it's how we've allowed modern technology to get to the point where it can produce these weird tubby-faced baby men who have absolutely no life experience outside leaving the house to buy an emergency ADSL cable. How did we drop the ball to allow something like this specimen to fester like a growth and suddenly pop up bearing party political slogans? There has to be some sort of collective responsibility for all this.

My prediction: once Ulkip has rinsed him for the controversy coverage, they'll quietly drop him, he'll then run for an even weirder fringe party, and then when that doesn't work, he'll go back to some even stranger smellier part of the internet to ingratiate himself back into his natural family of moon-faced weirdos.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 26, 2019, 09:42:43 PM
I don't know much about Dankula, but Sargon scores quite high. Wants a pure ethnic nation like the good old days.

Citation needed?

mugwump ji sum

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 26, 2019, 06:26:02 PM
I'm not sure how some people (like Owen Jones and David Lammy) think he's a 'fascist' though. Do they just not know what that means?

David Lammy shows a fair understanding of fascism here:
https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1112003802901688322?s=20
QuoteIt will restore your honour
make you feel proud
protect your house
give you a job
clean up the neighbourhood
remind you of how great you once were
clear out the venal and the corrupt

I feel like you've sneakily cut out some key lines there, Lammy's tweet reads:

QuoteFascism arrives as your friend
It will restore your honour
make you feel proud
protect your house
give you a job
clean up the neighbourhood
remind you of how great you once were
clear out the venal and the corrupt
remove anything you feel is unlike you...

And the Michael Rosen poem in full:

QuoteI sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
worn by grotesques and monsters
as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

Fascism arrives as your friend.
It will restore your honour,
make you feel proud,
protect your house,
give you a job,
clean up the neighbourhood,
remind you of how great you once were,
clear out the venal and the corrupt,
remove anything you feel is unlike you...

It doesn't walk in saying,
"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

idunnosomename

tommy tommy robinson
what a beautiful man
tommy  tommy robinson
i want to hold his hand

oi oi

jobotic

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 27, 2019, 01:54:49 AM
I feel like you've sneakily cut out some key lines there, Lammy's tweet reads:
Either he cut some lines or someone in whichever sewer messageboard he copied it from did.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 26, 2019, 08:06:33 PM
I don't think the brexit party is a fascist party, if you do then you are a moron who doesn't understand what fascism is. The brexit party is a single issue protest party set up for those that wish to respect a democratic vote to leave the EU.

But then having Nigel Farage living in your mind, eating your brain, it's hardly surprising you believe mad things.

Anyone who votes for Farage is a cunt. This is a fairly simple thing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It will be interesting as the referendum was something where you could vote Leave and still say Farage had nothing to do with the choice. This time around, with party political elections you can't vote for this Brexit Party without giving tacit approval to the political agenda of Nigel Farage. That is unspeakable and unthinkable.

Buelligan

You know what's so weird?  One thing anyway that's pretty fucking weird.  Try to imagine what if Corbyn had marched through a Sussex village singing gas 'em all.  I know.

Makes you think about the priorities of those that hold power at the moment (not long now).

There really is no excuse at all for voting for Farage, ever.  The more votes that cunt gets, the more emboldened those who hold evil dreams become, the further the tories move right, only a complete moron or a genuinely evil person would want that.

pigamus

Yep. You'd think somebody of Galloway's intelligence would understand that.

biggytitbo

I'm voting for whatever party supports leaving the EU that has the best chance of winning in my region, I don't care if they're lead by Pol Pot, as their character or other policy positions are irrelevant in a single issue election that is meaningless as anything other than an opinion poll on our unfortunately continued membership of the EU.

Labour have put out an election leaflet that says they support brexit but most of their own party are furious about it, and whilst the likes of Keir Starmer are in charge I just don't trust them to do it.

So in this opinion poll on leaving the EU, Brexit party are yes, the Lib Dems are no, Labour are don't know and the tories are void. That's literally all it means.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 27, 2019, 10:03:39 AM
I'm voting for whatever party supports leaving the EU that has the best chance of winning in my region, I don't care if they're lead by Pol Pot...

You've picked a lonely hill to die on.

Quotewhilst the likes of Keir Starmer are in charge I just don't trust them to do it.

You won't vote Labour in the locals or a GE either, on this logic.

Dr Rock

I'm voting for whatever party supports leaving the EU that has the best chance of winning in my region, I don't care if they're lead by Pol Pot, as their character or other policy positions are irrelevant in a single issue election

It's not a single issue election. Your vote will have consequences.

jobotic

He knows that and wants those consequences. Let's stop pretending.

Jockice

I thought I was supposed to be Sargon Of Akkad. Looks bugger all like me.

Urinal Cake

QuoteMy prediction: once Ulkip has rinsed him for the controversy coverage, they'll quietly drop him, he'll then run for an even weirder fringe party, and then when that doesn't work, he'll go back to some even stranger smellier part of the internet to ingratiate himself back into his natural family of moon-faced weirdos.
Double act with Milo.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm voting for whatever party supports leaving the EU that has the best chance of winning in my region, I don't care if they're lead by Pol Pot

In a well-judged world this would be the sentence where people finally cease interacting with this person on this topic

phantom_power

I'm voting for whatever party supports leaving the EU that has the best chance of winning in my region, I don't care if they're lead by Pol Pot, as their character or other policy positions are irrelevant in a single issue election that is meaningless as anything other than an opinion poll on our unfortunately continued membership of the EU.

In a wonderful world where things only mean what we want them to mean that might be true (but it still isn't). However any vote for Farage and his gang of cunts legitimises them more and makes their ideas other than Brexit seem more popular and therefore other parties may pander to them

Howj Begg

Yes, exactly. I don't care if you're Aaron Bastani or Richard Seymour, voting for Brexit in any form is dog shit, Lexit is dog shit, and you are signalling to the government that you want to make life harder for my family, for my colleagues and my friends. You are irredeemable at worst, and at best a useful idiot for the far right. Brexit is far right and that's all it will ever be. The fact that you as an individual don't recognise that is irrelevant.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: phantom_power on April 27, 2019, 12:27:56 PM
In a wonderful world where things only mean what we want them to mean that might be true (but it still isn't). However any vote for Farage and his gang of cunts legitimises them more and makes their ideas other than Brexit seem more popular and therefore other parties may pander to them

Biggy knows this. He doesn't care.