Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:03:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paedophile hunters

Started by BritishHobo, April 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 30, 2019, 10:07:14 PM
I have strong suspicions that this user is a paedophile sympathiser if not an actual paedophile - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile&user=53844830

Can you maybe explain these "strong suspicions"?

gmoney

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on May 01, 2019, 01:36:44 PM

That link shows the profile of whoever clicked it, so you are not being accused of being a peadophile by touchingcloth.

St_Eddie

Quote from: sponk on May 01, 2019, 12:14:13 PM
It was revealed in court that he had been speaking to three other decoy accounts, and he got ten years. He attacked them repeatedly, called one a "fucking n**ger" and bit one of their fingers off so overall they were pretty reasonable physically with him, despite their hysterical hyperbole that you mentioned.

Nobody said that the peadophile was a top bloke, much less defended him.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, when you end up hating the hunters more than the peadophile, you know that something has gone horribly wrong.  The way that these cretins go about things is abominable.

Quote from: sponk on May 01, 2019, 12:14:13 PMThere's a lot of criticism of these groups, and I think they're just a symptom of the problem of police budget cuts, and I wish they didn't have to exist, but some of the hysteria about them in this thread is worse than tabloid hysteria about nonces.

There's no hysteria about the hunters.  What are you on about?  Valid criticism does not equate to hysteria.  Whereas, squealing "you was gonna murder that child" does.

Gerald Fjord

I have strong suspicions that Al Tha Funkee Homosapien is a paedophile sympathiser if not an actual paedophile.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: gmoney on May 01, 2019, 01:42:20 PM
That link shows the profile of whoever clicked it, so you are not being accused of being a peadophile by touchingcloth.

Dammit, because that at least would be something to put on my CV.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on May 01, 2019, 01:55:26 PM
I have strong suspicions that Al Tha Funkee Homosapien is a paedophile sympathiser if not an actual paedophile.

Free the paedos!

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

...wait, he said what?!  No, don't free them!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 01, 2019, 01:54:23 PMThe way that these cretins go about things is abominable.

There's no hysteria about the hunters.  What are you on about?  Valid criticism does not equate to hysteria.  Whereas, squealing "you was gonna murder that child" does.

Fighting fire with fire i suppose.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on May 01, 2019, 01:36:44 PM

It's just a gut feeling, along with the information provided to me by various intelligence, law enforcement and child protection agencies.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on May 01, 2019, 06:10:49 PM
Fighting fire with fire i suppose.

So rebuking a paedo by raping a child? Or getting a child to fuck the paedo?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: The Lurker on May 01, 2019, 12:34:25 PM
I'm pretty sure a video like that doesn't need upbeat music over the top of it.

Either way, when they approach someone in a car park, bus station etc and give it the old "what you doing here mate? you been talking to underage girls?" - have they ever badgered a bloke who was just there waiting for a mate? Sort of like a paedo hunter blooper reel. Genuine question.

Could also post that in the Irrational Fears thread.

The paedo usually sends the decoy photos of himself. A lot of paedos send photos of them naked or masturbating. To whom they think is an underage child. The paedo asks for the meet and sometimes says what he/she* will have with them or what they will wear

*They've caught a few females

Dex Sawash

Have a paedo and a paedo hunter ever fallen in love at a paedo intervention?
Is there a video of that?

chveik

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 01, 2019, 09:32:17 PM

the next Richard Curtis film

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 01, 2019, 09:32:17 PM

Or at least an 8 part Netflix series?

Noncestruck

To Catch a Husband

I dunno

Noodle Lizard

I didn't see it mentioned, but there was a Vice documentary from a while ago following one of the more notorious paedohunters in Canada.  It was pretty good, I thought, and the bloke certainly came off a lot better than his gormless British counterparts.  He also looks a bit like Mike Patton:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxFe9qGvIbE

Personally, I agree with every condemnation of this kind of thing, though.  If you want to do the legwork and report it to the police, go right ahead - though personally I'm not sure spending every night pretending to be a young kid sexting with older men is significantly healthier than being a massive ol' paedo.  The confrontation, livestreaming and public shaming is unnecessary and irresponsible.

PlanktonSideburns

If you're going to be a paedohunter, at least have the decency to look like Mike Patton

Rather than a bag of potatoes imploding in the vacuum of space

touchingcloth

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 02, 2019, 06:09:39 PM
If you're going to be a paedohunter, at least have the decency to look like Mike Patton

Rather than a bag of potatoes imploding in the vacuum of space

They would explode in the vacuum, surely.

touchingcloth

idunnosomename

We went into the local CEX the other day and shouted "hands up who's a paedophile!"

One guy put his hand up so we decked him. fair enough, right?

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but if I was under 16 I'd so be trolling them.

What's the legality of adult hunters talking to under 16s pretending to be over 16 about sexual things?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 03, 2019, 01:34:59 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but if I was under 16 I'd so be trolling them.

What's the legality of adult hunters talking to under 16s pretending to be over 16 about sexual things?

I was just coming here to post that. If I pretend to be a 6 year old girl (let alone think I am one - see other thread), its surely illegal if I then engage in any sort of sexual chat online?

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 04, 2019, 12:10:36 AM
I was just coming here to post that. If I pretend to be a 6 year old girl (let alone think I am one - see other thread), its surely illegal if I then engage in any sort of sexual chat online?

If you were pretending to be a 6 year old talking to an adult pretending to be a 13 year old then wouldn't that be legal?

But then if the peados they confront claimed that they knew they were talking to an adult pretending to be a child (which probably is a niche fetish) then is that illegal? You've got two consenting adults going into it knowing that they're both role playing.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 04, 2019, 07:54:52 AM
But then if the peados they confront claimed that they knew they were talking to an adult pretending to be a child (which probably is a niche fetish) then is that illegal? You've got two consenting adults going into it knowing that they're both role playing.

That's why I'm surprised more of this stuff doesn't get thrown out of court (or maybe it does, I dunno).  Surely without an actual victim, no crime has actually been committed other than "intention", which is probably fairly easy to defend against, and there didn't even exist an opportunity for the crime to be committed in the first place.  It's all a bit Minority Report, in any event.

If these paedovigilantes were genuinely concerned with bringing sexual predators to justice, they'd simply show their evidence to the police who would then have justifiable suspicion to search their hard-drives etc., which may have evidence of actual crime.  I don't see the need for the video confrontations, other than to bask in the glory of publicly telling a creep he's a creep to his face.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on May 04, 2019, 08:42:22 AM
That's why I'm surprised more of this stuff doesn't get thrown out of court (or maybe it does, I dunno).  Surely without an actual victim, no crime has actually been committed other than "intention", which is probably fairly easy to defend against, and there didn't even exist an opportunity for the crime to be committed in the first place.  It's all a bit Minority Report, in any event.
As well as intent there could be two acts. The first is the act of grooming. The second and more straightforward is the act of meeting a child to have sex with.

Quotef these paedovigilantes were genuinely concerned with bringing sexual predators to justice, they'd simply show their evidence to the police who would then have justifiable suspicion to search their hard-drives etc., which may have evidence of actual crime.  I don't see the need for the video confrontations, other than to bask in the glory of publicly telling a creep he's a creep to his face.
Pretty much and money.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 04, 2019, 09:13:47 AM
The second and more straightforward is the act of meeting a child to have sex with.

If the peado hunter had been taken in by an under 16 year old pretending to be an adult pretending to be a child would they not be the one who should be prosecuted if they arranged to meet for sex?

garbed_attic

I will say that some 5 years or so ago when I was more relentlessly anxious about this I informed Stinston Hunter about my having dated and slept with a 16/17-year-old American (a decade back now, dang) and how this was statutory rape in America, of course... and he was very philosophical about it. It was an oddly reflective, friendly email exchange and I must admit to having gone away from the conversation kind of liking the bloke.

I still think he mainly starting doing the pedo hunting as a way of blocking out the guilt from burning down a primary school, of course. It's like you often see when guys in prison beat a paedophile to death (and eat his innards etc.) - they're in prison for murdering an old lady or something really heinous, but by committing the ultimate "good crime"™ they can be praised as heroes and have thousands of online commentators shouting for their early release.

So, the psychology of it is pretty easy to understand (and, more sympathetically and seriously, many hunters like Stinston experienced their own abuse as children and, disillusioned with the police, but probably with zero opportunities to get into care work or social services where they might impact the rot at its root, feel that this is the only way they can take on child abuse, while stroking their own ego and celebrity at the same time).