Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paedophile hunters

Started by BritishHobo, April 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 13, 2019, 08:45:24 PM
The hysteria surrounding it basically makes any real, useful discussion impossible - even among your peers.  And I remember one psychologist publicly advocating against increasingly harsh jail sentences and emphasizing the importance of available and new treatments, so naturally everyone assumed he must be a paedo himself.  In online discussion, I've  seen that happen almost instantly whenever someone even tries to offer a bit of nuance.  Bizarrely, these people seem to think the status quo now is fine and works and they just get to marvel at the monsters on parade, but it's doing absolutely nothing to examine or address the actual issue.

The issue itself is also murky as fuck now, thanks to the conflation of "statutory rape" and outright paedophilia/child molestation.

Hear, hear.  Well said.

Twit 2

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 13, 2019, 08:45:24 PM
The hysteria surrounding it basically makes any real, useful discussion impossible - even among your peers.  And I remember one psychologist publicly advocating against increasingly harsh jail sentences and emphasizing the importance of available and new treatments, so naturally everyone assumed he must be a paedo himself.  In online discussion, I've  seen that happen almost instantly whenever someone even tries to offer a bit of nuance.  Bizarrely, these people seem to think the status quo now is fine and works and they just get to marvel at the monsters on parade, but it's doing absolutely nothing to examine or address the actual issue.

The issue itself is also murky as fuck now, thanks to the conflation of "statutory rape" and outright paedophilia/child molestation.

peedo

The Bumlord

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 13, 2019, 09:57:12 PM
How can you "accidentally" put fake teeth on someone?

By sausage-fingeredly hitting an amusing filter button on your Facebook livestream.

Unless you were asking for actual advice unrelated to nonces.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Utterdrivel on June 14, 2019, 01:11:15 PM
By sausage-fingeredly hitting an amusing filter button on your Facebook livestream.

I imagine all peadophile hunters to have sausage fingers.  Great big sloping foreheads too.

MiddleRabbit

At a wedding last summer, one of the guests - a lad in his early twenties - took a shine to me and everywhere I turned, there he was.  I don't know why - I was only playing in the band that had been hired. 

Anyway, I just started chatting to him and he just kept saying, "Oh, I wish I could play the guitar.  Be on a band and all that.."  I told him he could learn to play the guitar and he could be in a band if he felt like doing those things.  He just shook his head as if I was telling him he could grow to being ten feet tall if he put his mind to it.  That happened frequently.

Later, in the queue for food, I found him stood behind me again and this time he said, "Do you know what I really want to do?"  I resisted asking him if he wanted to play he guitar and be in a band because he and his family were rough as arseholes, and said, "No, what do you really want to do?"

"Paedophile hunter" he said, like he was telling me he wanted to go and find a cure for cancer or something.  Which is probably along the lines of what he thought.

I asked him why he wanted to do that and he didn't seem to know why. He didn't seem worried about getting paid for it or anything either.

Maybe that's it.  Maybe these people really want to perform some civil duty but have no skills or desire to learn how to actually do anything and this is the best they can come up with.

I think they want patting on the back for serving a community and being like Robin Hood or something and this is he best they can do, based on watching/appearing on things like Jeremy Kyle, which is basically the same thing, isn't it?  Shouting at somebody in front of an audience of their peers.

Funny business, but not very surprising I suppose.

St_Eddie

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on June 14, 2019, 02:33:47 PM
I think they want patting on the back for serving a community and being like Robin Hood or something...

That something being Batman.  Batman Beyond Pathetic.

QDRPHNC

I think all paedo hunters are closet paedos. Not the most original take, but there you go.

BritishHobo

Case at Chester Crown Court today about another paedophile hunter who's a surprise paedophile.

I suppose it's the perfect cover, really. Those hunters claim such moral authority among their fans, towering over crumpled men who've abused children. They're seen as infallible heroes by Facebook fans, who are driven by an admirable disgust for the criminals. There may even be an aspect of that in his own motivation- maybe he justifies to himself that he's not a bad one because he goes out and stops the bad ones. A way of asserting power over his own desires, to show that he IS against paedophilia.

QDRPHNC

Yep. Classic projection.

Chollis

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 14, 2019, 03:09:25 PM
paedophile hunter who's a surprise paedophile

Dexter sequel considered "too risky"

BritishHobo

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 05:02:14 PMThe worst part for me though was the text contained within the article itself...

A fully grown woman there, who willfully chose to act as the bait in a sting, blaming a peadophile for her missing work and not eating or sleeping, due to her disgust.  Nobody forced you to act as bait, you stupid, cretinous cunt.

Just watched one like this! It's still going, live, but I dashed over here because it reminded me of your post. It was an unexpectedly civil video for the first bit. He seemed to be taking it fairly stoically, and they were chatting to him in quite a chill, reasonable way. One of them hands him some papers to roll a fag. Then one of them goes 'THE DECOY CAN CALL HIM NOW.' Like she's calling in an airstrike in secret code. 'THE DECOY CAN CALL NOW'.

They hand him his phone and tell him to answer. He tries to answer but the inevitable daftness of technology means there's a moment of quiet faffing while he and one of the paedo hunters jab at the screen. And then there she is, her voice blaring through. 'I CAN'T SLEEP. The things you've said to me have disgusted me. I can't sleep.' He apologises, but she won't apologise. 'You've destroyed me!' She says.

It sounds a little like bollocks to me. If it's not bollocks then why on earth are they employing someone vulnerable to do that? Do they realise the point of a decoy is that it's not actually a child? It can be someone with the training and the strength not to be affected? Why on fuck's earth, when picking out someone to chat to flirt with and lure a paedophile, would you choose someone who would be easily and heavily affected by it?

sponk

I understand the concerns over the stings and the conduct of some of the hunters, but saying you hate them more than paedophiles is utterly deranged and a sign that you're completely morally bankrupt or don't understand the seriousness of child abuse.

St_Eddie

Quote from: sponk on June 14, 2019, 06:00:57 PM
I understand the concerns over the stings and the conduct of some of the hunters, but saying you hate them more than paedophiles is utterly deranged and a sign that you're completely morally bankrupt or don't understand the seriousness of child abuse.

Yes, clearly I'm an immoral monster and I think that child abuse isn't that all that bad.  Clearly you've got my number.  Clearly.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I don't think anyone has said they actively hate anybody. People here are just taking a slightly detached third person perspective on it all, and looking on in horror at the whole thing.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 14, 2019, 06:13:13 PM
I don't think anyone has said they actively hate anybody.

To be fair, I did (which is what sponk was responding to, in his/her post)...

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 13, 2019, 05:02:14 PM
It's been said many times before within this thread but it bears repeating; you know that somethings seriously fucked up with these hunters, when you end up hating them more than you do the peadophile themselves.  These people are the worst.  The absolute worst.  This hunting shit needs to be made illegal.  Every time that I watch one of these video (not something I make a habit of, I'm glad to say), I end up fuming and wanting to kick the living shit out of the hunters.  I loathe ignorance and stupidity, especially when it goes hand in hand with causing more harm than good and these hunters are the living embodiment of everything that I despise about humanity.  They're one step shy of getting out the torches and pitchforks.

Though I'm only filled with hatred whenever I watch one of these peadophile hunting videos, which is once in a blue moon.  I'm not seething with rage the rest of the time.  Well, not about this particular topic at any rate.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It doesn't help that they all seem quite earth shatteringly thick, like when they try and quote laws to justify what they're doing, but get the words all mixed up. The Yorkshire accent they tend to have in a lot of videos I've seen doesn't do them any favours either.

"Move, and I will put you down, mate"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: What Doth Life? on June 13, 2019, 12:08:54 PM
The most amazing tech issue I've seen with these otherwise cripplingly depressing livestreams is the case of the Wolf Pack Hunters (sadly no Kevin Nash or even a Konnan amongst them) accidentally activating a tie-in filter for lukewarm Aardman animation Early Man:

http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-paedo-hunters-accidentally-filter-man-they-are-catching-20181002

Not irie.

Pakistan are at it now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48663289

Natnar

Quote from: sponk on June 14, 2019, 06:00:57 PM

You'd have to be pretty obsessed with Paedophilia to become a Paedo Hunter though wouldn't you? Especially if you're not actually getting any reward for doing it.

Lord Mandrake

There's plenty of reward in stopping children being abused.

Gerald Fjord

i honestly hate sponk more than I hate paedophiles, who I think are mostly alright.

sponk

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 18, 2019, 09:45:38 PM
i honestly hate sponk more than I hate paedophiles, who I think are mostly alright.

If you found out I was a paedophile would you hate me more or less?

Gerald Fjord

definitely less, but then if you outed yourself as a paedophile, as you're hinting you might, I'd have to hate you more as one of those self-hunting paedophiles.

imitationleather

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 18, 2019, 09:45:38 PM

I know what you mean. John Wayne Gacy was at least good crack at parties.

Jittlebags

What you want are paedophile hunter hunters. Bring the paedophile hunters to justice.

Cold Meat Platter

I think this could be a good spin off series for Capcom

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 05, 2019, 12:37:19 AM
What you want are paedophile hunter hunters. Bring the paedophile hunters to justice.

I do a routine about this. Please don't steal my idea. This could devastate my lucrative career on the open mic circuit.

sponk

Quote from: Natnar on June 18, 2019, 12:25:48 PM
You'd have to be pretty obsessed with Paedophilia to become a Paedo Hunter though wouldn't you? Especially if you're not actually getting any reward for doing it.

I don't agree.  Because they hunt peodos they're secretly peodos too? This seems to be the general consensus here but - with some rare exceptions -  I've never believed it.

A lot of people spend their spare time doing what they think is right. If someone spends their evenings volunteering for the Labour campaign I don't assume they're a secret Tory.

Quote from: sponk on November 05, 2019, 02:51:02 PM
I don't agree.  Because they hunt peodos they're secretly peodos too? This seems to be the general consensus here but - with some rare exceptions -  I've never believed it.

A lot of people spend their spare time doing what they think is right. If someone spends their evenings volunteering for the Labour campaign I don't assume they're a secret Tory.

Even if they're obsessed by antisemism in the Labour Party?

tourism

Quote from: sponk on November 05, 2019, 02:51:02 PM

hasn't there been several instances of paedophile hunters turning out to be secret nonces? it doesn't seem healthy/helpful from any angle tbh