Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paedophile hunters

Started by BritishHobo, April 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

I've mentioned this before but a few years ago a paedophile got murdered in this prison cell. I think he was actually disemboweled. And several people I know put posts about it on Facebook congratulating the two who had done it. And somehow disregarding the fact that they were in jail themselves for violent offences. I think one of them had actually already murdered someone. Fucking weird sense of priorities there.

Jittlebags

Drew Pritchard has certainly gone down market with this one.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 10:08:50 PM
They say that the justice system doesn't deal with nonces properly so that is why they expose them. When you look at a lot of sentences given out for abusing children and viewing child abuse images, it does seem that paedophiles - like many criminals - get off lightly.

Perhaps if the police won't so underfunded and busy there would be more of a case for the hunters not getting involved, but considering that for most hunting teams the vast majority are charged and convicted, it suggests that their stings are for real and many of these people might have gone on to abuse real children. In some stings I've watched, the hunters do find the people they exposed have been talking to real children.

At what point in this process is it necessary for them to film their suspected peadophile and upload the footage online for all to see?  If they want to help combat peadophillia, then why not just report the person to the police and provide them with the evidence that they've gathered?

They should probably also do their research and look into why a lot of peadophiles have the predilection that they do.  Peadophiles are sick individuals who were often sexually abused as children themselves.  That doesn't excuse what the peadophile in question is doing of course but filming that person and shouting "you dirty little fucker" in a threatening manner isn't helping anyone.  If anything, it's causing further damage.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Derek Hunter
Barry Hunter
Gavin Hunter
Nigel Hunter
Trevor Hunter
Gary Hunter
Terry Hunter

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 28, 2019, 09:45:19 PM
Btw human shit is great for making an ad hoc sign such as that above, if you forget your traditional crayons.

I wonder if they held an intact poo as if it was a crayon and wrote the sign, or smeared on like finger paint?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 28, 2019, 10:20:11 PM
I wonder if they held an intact poo as if it was a crayon and wrote the sign, or smeared on like finger paint?

Makes you think - about the answer, and about the lurid appeal of clasping warm logs.

Piggyoioi

I remember a friend of mine showing me a bunch of these one evening. I remember what struck me at the time was how the pedo's would just sit there rather shocked and have a rather long awkward conversation. When one of these hunter types finally catch up with me i'll be sure to stick my head down and run off.

Fambo Number Mive

I watch a lot of these nonce hunting groups and I would say that their approach can vary quite a bit. I think some teams need to show more compassion for the families of the nonces, and I think more needs to be done to do stings away from properties.

Having said that, I may come across as a knuckle dragger to some of you but I don't have much sympathy for those who are caught. As long as they catch the right person - which is VITAL, any team who gets the wrong person should be shut down with criminal charges lodged - then I don't have much of an issue with what they do. They think they are talking to a child but still make disgusting sexual comments to the decoys. On several occasions reoffenders have been caught.

I think there needs to be more done to look at ways to stop paedophiles offending but once they cross that line they are a danger to society and, given the number of reoffenders caught, will probably remain that way. Many of the hunters were sexually abused themselves and know how sexual abuse can affect a child. How many of those exposed would go on to abuse real children if the hunters hadn't stopped them?

Given that the UK justice system is severely underfunded, there are rumours of nonces in the establishment (wasn't there a thread about that on here) and that the courts give light sentences a lot of the time, what is the alternative?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 28, 2019, 10:17:00 PM
At what point in this process is it necessary for them to film their suspected peadophile and upload the footage online for all to see?  If they want to help combat peadophillia, then why not just report the person to the police and provide them with the evidence that they've gathered?

They should probably also do their research and look into why a lot of peadophiles have the predilection that they do.  Peadophiles are sick individuals who were often sexually abused as children themselves.  That doesn't excuse what the peadophile in question is doing of course but filming that person and shouting "you dirty little fucker" in a threatening manner isn't helping anyone.  If anything, it's causing further damage.

They film the paedophile to show that they haven't assaulted them and the paedophile hasn't assaulted the hunters. The footage is used in court. They then share the video on their Facebook group for awareness as they view the paedophile as a risk to others and want people to be aware if the person is near them. Many of the hunting teams believe that there is no cure for paedophilia.

On several of the nonce hunter videos, the paedophile says that they were abused themselves and the hunters say that this makes it even worse as they know how damaging the abuse is to children.

biggytitbo

Aside from the fact that vigiliantism is never good, a lot of these people are very damaged and out of control themselves and about the last people in the world who should be dealing with such a sensitive issue. A bunch of them snared some sad sack outside of the tesco express near work last year and it was a very ugly scene indeed.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 10:27:03 PM
I watch a lot of these nonce hunting groups and I would say that their approach can vary quite a bit. I think some teams need to show more compassion for the families of the nonces, and I think more needs to be done to do stings away from properties.

Having said that, I may come across as a knuckle dragger to some of you but I don't have much sympathy for those who are caught. As long as they catch the right person - which is VITAL, any team who gets the wrong person should be shut down with criminal charges lodged - then I don't have much of an issue with what they do. They think they are talking to a child but still make disgusting sexual comments to the decoys. On several occasions reoffenders have been caught.

I think there needs to be more done to look at ways to stop paedophiles offending but once they cross that line they are a danger to society and, given the number of reoffenders caught, will probably remain that way. Many of the hunters were sexually abused themselves and know how sexual abuse can affect a child. How many of those exposed would go on to abuse real children if the hunters hadn't stopped them?

Given that the UK justice system is severely underfunded, there are rumours of nonces in the establishment (wasn't there a thread about that on here) and that the courts give light sentences a lot of the time, what is the alternative?

That's the problem though, isn't it? Obviously nobody here thinks we ought to go easy on paedos, and groups like this can crack on criticism-free because of it. Anyone who slags them off is just going to handily look like they're defending an appalling child abuser. Who's gonna go on there, among six hundred comments going 'STRING HIM UP, THE DIRTY NONCE' and say 'actually, I disagree'? No fucker.

It really is a horrible complex shitparade because of that. It's like when Brooker talked about To Catch a Predator. They're all people who've quite clearly come out with the full intention of fucking a child - if a show can make you feel sorry for those people, then it's doing something seriously fucking wrong.

Piggyoioi

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 28, 2019, 10:38:44 PM
Aside from the fact that vigiliantism is never good, a lot of these people are very damaged and out of control themselves and about the last people in the world who should be dealing with such a sensitive issue. A bunch of them snared some sad sack outside of the tesco express near work last year and it was a very ugly scene indeed.

I wonder too if they share some of the same urges as the ones they hunt? Perhaps a similar psychology to those who decry homosexuals while cruising for dick after hours.

Fambo Number Mive

A lot of the criticism the hunters get is about more mundane things like lack of phone signal, not showing faces on a live sting or being in a windy area. Then most of the group members call the people who make these criticisms "armchair hunters"

I do feel that nonce hunting teams do need to be more accountable.

Malcy

This happened last year to someone I used to know. The guy has always been a bit odd. Serial bullshitter who you could never really get rid of. Someone sent me a link to a video of these people outside his house confronting him and him denying it. His elderly parents were there and didn't understand things that were being thrown about like 'Whatsapp' and stuff like that.

He was in court recently and the details of the messages he had been sending to one of these vigilante's posing as a 12 year old girl were revealed. Quite disgusting stuff and he will be sentenced next month.

Now I agree that these people should be exposed and appropriate action taken by reporting them to the police. What I don't agree with is the way they do it. His parents were shaken by these strangers at the door late at night shouting at him. They have since thrown him out.

The comments under the video were horrendous. There were several accusing them of being incestious, being in on it, being ok with it etc. All this is going to do is prompt people with no sense to do something stupid and innocent people will end up hurt. It's only a matter of time.

I've heard that the police consider them a bit of a nuisance for the most part.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 10:31:06 PM
They then share the video on their Facebook group for awareness as they view the paedophile as a risk to others and want people to be aware if the person is near them.

Oh, yes.  I'm sure that upon watching the video, the local community all say "phew, I'm glad to be informed of this.  I'll avoid that person and tell my kids to do likewise and that'll be the end of the matter because I'm a responsible person who believes in due process".

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 28, 2019, 10:39:13 PM
...if a show can make you feel sorry for those people, then it's doing something seriously fucking wrong.

Spot on.

Malcy

Quote from: imitationleather on April 28, 2019, 09:41:54 PM
Is it just me who has had their YouTube recommendations flooded with these sort of videos? I've never even watched any of the fuckers.

Not just you. They pop up quite often having never watched any either.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Malcy on April 28, 2019, 10:49:19 PM
This happened last year to someone I used to know. The guy has always been a bit odd. Serial bullshitter who you could never really get rid of. Someone sent me a link to a video of these people outside his house confronting him and him denying it. His elderly parents were there and didn't understand things that were being thrown about like 'Whatsapp' and stuff like that.

He was in court recently and the details of the messages he had been sending to one of these vigilante's posing as a 12 year old girl were revealed. Quite disgusting stuff and he will be sentenced next month.

Now I agree that these people should be exposed and appropriate action taken by reporting them to the police. What I don't agree with is the way they do it. His parents were shaken by these strangers at the door late at night shouting at him. They have since thrown him out.

The comments under the video were horrendous. There were several accusing them of being incestious, being in on it, being ok with it etc. All this is going to do is prompt people with no sense to do something stupid and innocent people will end up hurt. It's only a matter of time.

There was a bit in the video I watched tonight where one of the nonce hunters inexplicably announced that the bloke's wife must have been in on it, and the main cameraperson had to tell her that that was daft and the wife likely had no idea. People in the background frothing themselves up into fury.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Malcy on April 28, 2019, 10:49:19 PM

I agree with you, the hunters in this case handled it appallingly. I feel very sorry for the person's parents. Hunters do need to do far more to consider the families of nonces (although they do usually try to say that they are innocent) and stings shouldn't be done at the person's house if other people live there, if if it's unavoidable they shouldn't release the sting footage (although they do need to film for court purposes and to show they haven't harmed them).

Also, looking at BritishHobo's post, hunters should not speculate.

imitationleather

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 11:00:17 PM
Hunters do need to do far more to consider the families of nonces (although they do usually try to say that they are innocent) and stings shouldn't be done at the person's house if other people live there, if if it's unavoidable they shouldn't release the sting footage (although they do need to film for court purposes and to show they haven't harmed them).

...Or they could just not do it.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: imitationleather on April 28, 2019, 11:00:48 PM
...Or they could just not do it.

Then that person might carry on messaging underage children in a sexual manner and might even meet and rape a real child. Even if they don't meet and rape a child, sexual chat is still damaging for children.

touchingcloth

Who's the real paedophile? Is it the sallow-faced McDonald's manager wanking in his cellar while taking to a teenager online? Or is it the business man, in his suit and tie?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 11:01:57 PM
Then that person might carry on messaging underage children in a sexual manner and might even meet and rape a real child. Even if they don't meet and rape a child, sexual chat is still damaging for children.

Yeah I don't think imitationleather meant don't report it.

Fambo Number Mive

The only reason hunters find about most (but not all) of these nonces is because they sit in chatrooms pretending to be children. They wait for the paedophile to make the first move, and then they make clear they are under 16. They do this throughout the chat. I assumed he meant don't do any of it including the initial discovery, and meant that if they don't do the discovery bit people might never find out these people are nonces and they carry on noncing children with no one aware.

imitationleather

I think the motivation of people doing this has little to do with justice or protecting children, and in any case I don't want law enforcement to be performed by the kind of people that reckon this sort of lark is great.

touchingcloth

Pregnant women are allowed to piss in the helmets of nonce hunters, right?

Jakey Chesterton

Some cunt's livestreamed mass hounding in the car park of a provincial British shopping centre.

Ballardian as fuck.

Urinal Cake

I guess these vigilantes are doing some sort of public service by going after 'low hanging fruit.' Low in skill but time intensive operations that snare the lone nonce building towards conspiracy. Obviously if they view materials they are already criminals.

After these peados get out of jail do the keep following them? Since there's plenty of evidence that socially isolating pedophiles actually increases recidivism.

The problem especially is really too huge for this age particularly when it becomes an issue about poverty and profit.

thenoise

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 11:00:17 PM
I agree with you, the hunters in this case handled it appallingly. I feel very sorry for the person's parents. Hunters do need to do far more to consider the families of nonces (although they do usually try to say that they are innocent) and stings shouldn't be done at the person's house if other people live there, if if it's unavoidable they shouldn't release the sting footage (although they do need to film for court purposes and to show they haven't harmed them).

Also, looking at BritishHobo's post, hunters should not speculate.

Hmm, turns out that building a case against someone and then arresting and charging them is quite a complex and difficult thing to get right. If only there were some trained government employees who had the means and the skills to do it properly.

mothman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 28, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
Can you imagine how empty their lives would become if there were no nonces to FIGHT AND EXPOSE, no way for their scum followers to slither onto the moral high ground.

Not at all. They'll move on, find somebody, anybody else to victimise. All of a sudden, they'll resurrect the "homosexuality = paedophilia" smear. Or anything else that will get the mob baying at their command again.

machotrouts

Speaking as a homosexual, I would just like to make one thing clear: I am absolutely, unequivocally okay with bumming children, and doing a Facebook livestream of it, which attracts paedophile hunters and policemen who try to break up the scene but instead witlessly fall into my entirely undisguised moat and drown, and then I do a Facebook livestream of that also. Thank you