Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:30:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paedophile hunters

Started by BritishHobo, April 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I'm a paedo hunter but we just follow trails these days rather than a real paedo

Jim Bob

Quote from: sponk on November 05, 2019, 02:51:02 PM
A lot of people spend their spare time doing what they think is right.

Yes, because livestreaming and getting off on all the likes, shares and subscriptions is so very, very altruistic.

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on November 06, 2019, 11:08:46 AM
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/paedophile-hunters-facebook-innocent-men-3504781

Quote from:  Mr. Meathead"We are heartbroken for these two men and I will personally be sending them a message with a sorry that we messed up on our part."

"We are truly sorry to the innocent men and again they will both receive a personal inbox from myself."

Coo.  That's sure to smooth over the fact that you've RUINED THEIR FUCKING LIVES.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear broken shell of a man.

Soz 'bout dat.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Meathead

P.S. Please share, like and subscribe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlanktonSideburns

A PERSONAL email? Not one of those stock one he usually sends out to strangers who's life he ruined, this one's got embedded gifs, different colour fonts, the works

Ambient Sheep

QuoteYorkshire Child Protectors posted a statement on Tuesday afternoon saying they had been working on "intel" given to them by another vigilante group.

In other words, they were stitched up by their rivals.  Surely a hot new TV format is in the works:

PAEDO HUNTER WARS

Kind of like those Storm Chasers docs, only instead of following rival groups of tornado hunters, they follow rival groups of paedo hunters, as they go on stings and try to stitch each other up with false info.

And if any fucker of a TV producer actually does this, I'd like a percentage of the proceeds, please.

sponk

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on November 06, 2019, 11:08:46 AM
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/paedophile-hunters-facebook-innocent-men-3504781

Not sure what this proves. Of course there are going to be mistakes and it's tragic for the falsely accused, but evidence from hunting groups was used in trials against over 250 peodos last year. A handful of mistakes seems like a small price to pay for that.

tourism

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 06:09:13 PM
Not sure what this proves. Of course there are going to be mistakes and it's tragic for the falsely accused, but evidence from hunting groups was used in trials against over 250 peodos last year. A handful of mistakes seems like a small price to pay for that.

yeah fair. it could seem that way to a big thick twat

touchingcloth

There's scientific research which shows that all hunters are actually nonces.

QDRPHNC

peodos lol

phantom_power

Don't forget the atmosphere of fear and paranoia that means that people with paedophilic urges are less likely to get treatment before they offend

I would also be interested in seeing how much the evidence from the pedalo hunters was important in the convictions, or whether it was just supporting what was already a fairly clear-cut case

sponk

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 06, 2019, 02:38:38 PM
In other words, they were stitched up by their rivals.  Surely a hot new TV format is in the works:

PAEDO HUNTER WARS

Kind of like those Storm Chasers docs, only instead of following rival groups of tornado hunters, they follow rival groups of paedo hunters, as they go on stings and try to stitch each other up with false info.

And if any fucker of a TV producer actually does this, I'd like a percentage of the proceeds, please.

Already been done!

Can anyone identify the song CaB hero Shane Brannigan is listening to at 2:50? I'm sure it's Dylan but can't place it.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 06, 2019, 10:54:10 AM
I'm a paedo hunter but we just follow trails these days rather than a real paedo

I catch them and release them again after weighing and a photo.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 06:24:20 PM
Already been done!

Can anyone identify the song CaB hero Shane Brannigan is listening to at 2:50? I'm sure it's Dylan but can't place it.

Sounds like David Gray.

Icehaven

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 06, 2019, 02:38:38 PM

PAEDO HUNTER WARS

The makers of Heir Hunters might be interested, the practices of the companies involved with that aren't a million miles away, tracking people down online unawares, trying to beat rivals to the punch, turning up on doorsteps with cameras.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shane lives in a caravan in a field with only his paedo hunter memorabilia for company. Desolation.

Johnny Yesno

Collateral damage is ok when it's not you.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 06, 2019, 11:01:05 PM

Also they're vigilante groups, so they don't have codes of conduct which are at least partly based around reducing the risk of false accusations, and increasing the likelihood of successful prosecutions. Playing a part in the arrests and trials of 250 peodos sounds good, but what if some of them were already on the police's radar and the hunters' actions forced the police's hands into prosecuting a case when they could have built a much wider ranging one? What if one of them was a minor player in a big peodo ring and if they weren't noisily outed could have been turned into an asset for the police in securing convictions for the rest of the ring or even the leaders, and the hunters managed to spook the whole group? I don't think it was Felder, but I think one of the dark web peodos caught in a big police bust in the past couple of years was raided while logged into their nonce network, and so the police were able to take over the account and communicate with the group undetected - it seems quite possible that hunter activity could actively harm that sort of work, cos they can only really be effective against yer lone wolf types and not whole groups.

gib

They'll never catch the ones that have done all the research like you have, touchingcloth

touchingcloth

sponk

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 06, 2019, 11:01:05 PM

Collateral damage is an unfortunate part of life and it's virtually impossible to avoid really.  The question is does the good outweigh the bad and with nonce hunters i think it does.

marquis_de_sad

In case anyone is wondering where sponk got this info from:

Quote from: BBCMr Vajzovic said more than 250 prosecutions coming through the work of these groups was a positive, but pointed out that every month UK law enforcement agencies arrested more than 500 suspected child abusers.

"Some of those prosecutions may have diverted police resources from more significant offenders," he said.

"Overall the activity of these groups is not positive."

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 06, 2019, 06:32:47 PM
I catch them and release them again after weighing and a photo.

Peado hunters are champs at Pokemon Go.

Are there any other crimes that would work well with the live streaming peado hunter format? A bit like when the BBC spun The Great British Bake Off into The Great British Sewing Bee etc.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 07, 2019, 10:45:43 AM
Are there any other crimes that would work well with the live streaming peado hunter format? A bit like when the BBC spun The Great British Bake Off into The Great British Sewing Bee etc.
antisemitism in the labour party

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 11:31:31 PM
Collateral damage is an unfortunate part of life and it's virtually impossible to avoid really.  The question is does the good outweigh the bad and with nonce hunters i think it does.

Defending Nonce Hunters isn't a good look, as other posters have been trying to demonstrate, so I'd pack it in if I were you. I know you like being a cheeky, contrarian little monkey, but maybe channel it into something more innocuous, like how you think " After Life" is a million times funnier than " Nathan For You", or something?

PlanktonSideburns

Outsourcing your detective work to the lads must be great; if the rozzers made this mistake, there would be disciplinary action, and some planning of how they might improve things to do it better next time

But with the vigilantes, police aren't to blame, vigilantes don't have to do any introspection. You wouldn't outsource surgery out to a passionate but unqualified butcher with a heart of gold,

He may make some big mistakes sometimes, but he gets RESULTS danmit

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 11:31:31 PM

Do you think it's just child sex offenders that vigilantism provides the best possible solution for? Could something similar be applied to other crimes? Domestic abuse, tax avoidance, noise pollution?

Or are child sex offences seen as an exeption? If so why do you think it is beyond the powers of the police as an institution to personally improve their powers to stop this one crime?

SteK

I made the mistake of getting involved in this sort of. Was an ordinary FB group for my village near Wakefield where I have my house (but I live in Dublin) and these threads came up of these Paedo Hunters who'd enticed this guy to Wakefield Westgate station and confronted him. I found the whole thing distasteful, claim was they'd set up this child's profile etc and he'd arranged to meet this pseudo-lass there.

OK, if it's true it's awful. But I commented the fact is we don't know anything here, it's just a video of guy being harassed on a railway station. And further suggested this is the police's area, they have rules to abide by to ensure convictions are solid etc and boy did I get some shit.

They got my profile pic from FB and accused me of being a paedo saying I looked like one and my kids should be taken off me (despite the fact they are all over 18), it was horrific, the group moderator apologised and deleted it all but no way am I getting into that again. My own fault for being self-righteous but sometimes you have to take the middle ground and that's all I did, I wasn't saying he wasn't a paedo just that was the wrong way to get justice and of course the chap could be 100% innocent. We just don't know.