Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paedophile hunters

Started by BritishHobo, April 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: machotrouts on April 29, 2019, 12:48:31 AM
Speaking as a homosexual, I would just like to make one thing clear: I am absolutely, unequivocally okay with bumming children, and doing a Facebook livestream of it, which attracts paedophile hunters and policemen who try to break up the scene but instead witlessly fall into my entirely undisguised moat and drown, and then I do a Facebook livestream of that also. Thank you

This post is a fucking disgrace!  You need planning permission to dig a moat.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There's a good reason they put their videos on the internet, and it's not for altruistic reasons. It's money. They'll get a certain percentage of revenue from each YouTube view, and they're likely to put the videos on any other streaming site they can find, in order to maximise the income. Sort of like DarkSydePhil, but instead of video games, they play nonces.

Cloud

Grim.  There's nothing good about vigilantism or entrapment, no matter how gross the crime.

Honestly I lean towards the idea of allowing people to admit (in confidence, to a doctor or therapist) that they're paedophiles, which is the attraction and separate to the action that turns them into groomers and child molesters, so that they can get some kind of help and prevent the gradual creep towards actual molestation.  It seems to be one of those things where they don't go overnight from attracted to children to raping them, but (I forget the term for it) just kind of take one little step at a time, pushing at the boundary, until before even noticing they're arranging to meet a 12 year old.  Like how people start other crimes with say, petty theft, and rather than finding some way to nip it in the bud they say "I don't know, it just seemed so easy so the next time I nicked 2"

Not excusing it but if we can find some way to prevent it - even if it turns out to be some kind of "sexual orientation" that they can't do anything about, but they're taught methods to calm their dicks and you know, not fuck children... that would ruin fewer lives.

steve98

I did a little Fb thing earlier touching on this stuff, after some tit accused me of being a "Nuance" (He meant *nonce*).
It's amazing the number of insecure, schemie scumballs who'll yell "PAEDO" for no reason other than sheer shityness. At first it freaks you out but you soon get used to it and learn to ignore it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/scottishfilmserviccesandextras/permalink/2313092875625603/

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: mothman on April 29, 2019, 12:15:09 AM
Not at all. They'll move on, find somebody, anybody else to victimise. All of a sudden, they'll resurrect the "homosexuality = paedophilia" smear. Or anything else that will get the mob baying at their command again.

You've missed the point which is that paedophilia is the only angle the far right have to be seen by the mainstream to be acting honourably and one of the few ills of the world to be genuinely worse than themselves.  Throw in the fact it acts as a pretext for thuggery, this is why they relentlessly gun after it and will always continue to.

mothman

Yes, but they're not just going to close up shop once paedophiles are a thing of the past. They'll just seek out another pretext for thuggery, however honourable in the public's eye.

mrpupkin

What if they get to the house and turns out it was a little boy pretending to be a man in the sex chat room, do they arrest themselves?

phantom_power

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 28, 2019, 10:31:06 PM

On several of the nonce hunter videos, the paedophile says that they were abused themselves and the hunters say that this makes it even worse as they know how damaging the abuse is to children.

I think this is an important point as to why these groups are a bad thing. The whole area of paedophilia is extremely sensitive and complex and to have some weekend warriors blundering in with that lack of understanding and nuance is never going to do anyone any good.

Not only are these gangs a danger to the families of paedophiles they also add to the climate of fear in general that means that people who have paedophile tendencies but have never acted on them will not want to admit it to others in order to get help and so are more likely to actually offend. The sooner we get rid of this need to punish the guilty rather than help people who are damaged the sooner we might actually get to the root of the issue and deal with the causes rather than picking away at the symptoms of some sad man wanking in an internet chatroom

Gerald Fjord

I think we should allow paedophile hunters the discretion to admit to a healthcare professional their attraction towards hunting paedophiles. That way we can move forward as a society, finding ways for them to channel their impulses, like all getting together in a circle and shouting "useless bulb!" at an onion. It doesn't have to be that, but probably mostly that.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cloud on April 29, 2019, 01:36:23 AM
Honestly I lean towards the idea of allowing people to admit (in confidence, to a doctor or therapist) that they're paedophiles, which is the attraction and separate to the action that turns them into groomers and child molesters, so that they can get some kind of help and prevent the gradual creep towards actual molestation.  It seems to be one of those things where they don't go overnight from attracted to children to raping them, but (I forget the term for it) just kind of take one little step at a time, pushing at the boundary, until before even noticing they're arranging to meet a 12 year old.  Like how people start other crimes with say, petty theft, and rather than finding some way to nip it in the bud they say "I don't know, it just seemed so easy so the next time I nicked 2"

There's a lot of truth to this. A friend (well, former friend now, truth be told) of mine spent a couple of years in prison for swapping paedo pics on the dark web. I can't excuse that (I'm not going to bother typing that - it should be taken as read that none of us here have a haway the paedo lads attitude) Apparently before he got caught and managed to ruin his life he had sought help from one of the very few private groups that exist to try and deal with his urges but to no avail, somewhat unsurprisingly seeing as there's no formal structure for seeking that kind of help.

I can't imagine being in the situation of having the same thoughts and urges that I do towards adult women (not all of them - your mum's rough, but your mum, however...) towards children, but there has to be a better way of managing things than we currently do. If you're in the unfortunate position of finding yourself sexually attracted to kids then the choice seems to be to keep quiet and pretend to the whole world that that's not how you feel, or to find other people who share your urges and likely end up breaking the law and supporting if not engaging in child abuse in the process.

It seems like people should be able to speak with their GP or some other organisation to get the help they need, though when the issue is innate sexual desires* I'm not sure what the solution could possibly be. Conversion therapies for sexual orientations don't have a great history, and things like chemical castration are dystopian as fuck. Maybe we should blast paedos into space, taking precautions not to accidentally lock boys in the rockets with them.

* Which is what I suspect it is. I don't think - at least in most cases - that people who are attracted to adults are making an active decision to find kids hot. That's separate from people who abuse their own kids and others for reasons not necessarily related to sexual attraction, of course.

sponk

I share the concerns about the way certain stings are conducted, but overall the groups have a pretty good track record for charges and convictions.
I can think of a couple of cases where guys who were caught by hunting groups were found to be abusing real children, one had a video of himself abusing a toddler on his phone, and the police were able to safeguard those children and jail the perpetrators for decades. God knows if they'd still be at large if they weren't stung.

sponk

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 28, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
It really is a secret window into the world of the lynchmob, that primal desire that has never really gone away.

This just isn't true in most cases. Despite their conduct and gobby hardman act, most hunters do a citizens arrest and hold the suspect until the police come, and as my previous link shows, they've achieved dozens of charges and convictions. A lynch mob doesn't spend months gathering evidence before turning it over to the police.

sponk

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 28, 2019, 10:06:43 PM
Bunch of Daily Mail reading morons.  What gets me is that, like you say, they view peadophillia as the most egregious of all crimes.  I mean, it's certainly up there but they wouldn't be half as angry if someone tortured and murdered a kid, just provided that there wasn't a sexual element to it.

It sickens me to think of these self-righteous, thick necked lumps going to bed at night, having absolutely ruined someone's life earlier that day and possibly having effectively handed out a death sentence (either through attacks from people who watched the video, or suicide), and saying to themselves 'yeah, good day's work that. I'm a hero'.  The police should be arresting them too, along with the peadophile.  This type of dangerous vigilante behaviour should not be encouraged.

What about the lives they save from devastation by getting paedophiles off the streets and saving future victims from abuse? How many CSA victims commit suicide?

Sin Agog

My main problem with these people is how they make as if they're in it for justice and to prevent future victims, but what they really want is to get rich selling paedophile ivory.

Paul Calf

Quote from: sponk on April 29, 2019, 10:27:58 AM
I share the concerns about the way certain stings are conducted, but overall the groups have a pretty good track record for charges and convictions.
I can think of a couple of cases where guys who were caught by hunting groups were found to be abusing real children, one had a video of himself abusing a toddler on his phone, and the police were able to safeguard those children and jail the perpetrators for decades. God knows if they'd still be at large if they weren't stung.

It's OK lads. Lynch mobs are effective so we should stop criticising them.

machotrouts

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 29, 2019, 10:12:33 AMit should be taken as read that none of us here have a haway the paedo lads attitude

Did I stutter, cloth

sponk

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 29, 2019, 10:44:37 AM
It's OK lads. Lynch mobs are effective so we should stop criticising them.

You don't know what a lynch mob is. Do lynch mobs spend months tirelessly obtaining evidence, which is then passed on to the police? And when has a paedophile hunter ever attacked a suspect? There's a very disturbing video of a paedophile who attacks members of a hunting group. If you watch the video you'll see that they use very reasonable force to restrain him, even after he bites one of their fingers off.

Cuellar

But couldn't they amass the evidence then give it to the police WITHOUT livestreaming them screaming abuse at the suspected nonce?

Sin Agog

Quote from: Cuellar on April 29, 2019, 11:03:46 AM
But couldn't they amass the evidence then give it to the police WITHOUT livestreaming them screaming abuse at the suspected nonce?

So you're saying they should do all that work for free?

sponk

Quote from: Cuellar on April 29, 2019, 11:03:46 AM

Yes, they could. And I believe they should. Several groups do do this, and they only put the footage online after a conviction. Most groups don't scream abuse during the stings either.

Cuellar

Why must everything be livestreamed these days - gender reveal parties, paedo hunting, terrorist atrocities, unboxing gadgets, just walking.

It's mental.

phantom_power

Quote from: sponk on April 29, 2019, 10:37:28 AM
What about the lives they save from devastation by getting paedophiles off the streets and saving future victims from abuse? How many CSA victims commit suicide?

What about the idea that they are putting a plaster on a measles spot and if they were really concerned about stopping abuse they would be looking at fixing the cause rather than the more showy and "heroic" task of dealing with the symptom?

Cuellar

Quote from: sponk on April 29, 2019, 11:05:38 AM
and they only put the footage online after a conviction.

Why do this at all. I'm not saying 'respect the privacy of the nonce', but what does it add to the whole affair?

Sin Agog

Quote from: phantom_power on April 29, 2019, 11:06:59 AM
What about the idea that they are putting a plaster on a measles spot and if they were really concerned about stopping abuse they would be looking at fixing the cause rather than the more showy and "heroic" task of dealing with the symptom?

Is paedophilia fixable?  My suspicion is in most cases it's some genetic or mental quirk they're born with that nout much can be done about, other than taking up a life of celibacy, detainment, or chemical castration.

sponk

Quote from: Cuellar on April 29, 2019, 11:05:59 AM
Why must everything be livestreamed these days - gender reveal parties, paedo hunting, terrorist atrocities, unboxing gadgets, just walking.

It's mental.

Another thing to consider is this: If the paedo hunters really are the violent entrapment lynch mob this thread paints them as, then they're livestreaming their own crimes, which can only be a good thing in the eyes of justice. If they didn't film it all, they could actually beat a confession out of a nonce, or just assault them for fun and get away with it.

phantom_power

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 29, 2019, 11:11:09 AM
Is paedophilia fixable?  My suspicion is in most cases it's some genetic or mental quirk they're born with that nout much can be done about, other than taking up a life of celibacy, detainment, or chemical castration.

I don't know if they are fixable but I am sure they are manageable. That would only happen though in a society where they could admit their problem and seek help before they offend and that is never going to happen when you have gangs of paedo hunters roaming around entrapping them and showing just what happens to them. They are not the only cause of this but they don't help

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: phantom_power on April 29, 2019, 11:06:59 AM

What is the overall cause though and how should it be fixed?

Funcrusher

It very commonly seems to be the case that paedophiles have been abused themselves as children.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 29, 2019, 12:58:16 AM
There's a good reason they put their videos on the internet, and it's not for altruistic reasons. It's money. They'll get a certain percentage of revenue from each YouTube view, and they're likely to put the videos on any other streaming site they can find, in order to maximise the income. Sort of like DarkSydePhil, but instead of video games, they play nonces.

They mainly use Facebook, which I don't think gives them money. Very few hunting groups have a Youtube channel. There are people on Youtube who share paedophile hunting videos but I don't think these usually are the groups themselves.

Cuellar

Then logically there must be one ur-nonce, the proto-indo-european paedo that kicked the whole thing off.

The prime mover.