Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paedophile hunters

Started by BritishHobo, April 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Quote from: phantom_power on April 29, 2019, 11:16:57 AM
I don't know if they are fixable but I am sure they are manageable. That would only happen though in a society where they could admit their problem and seek help before they offend and that is never going to happen when you have gangs of paedo hunters roaming around entrapping them and showing just what happens to them. They are not the only cause of this but they don't help

It does seem to be part of a culture as well that focuses on the "lone wolf" paedophile, the idea the weirdo stranger preying on kids as the main threat when in reality most abuse happens either within families or involves people with official responsibility for children.

sponk

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 29, 2019, 11:22:29 AM
It very commonly seems to be the case that paedophiles have been abused themselves as children.

Maybe the paedophile hunters were abused as children?

Sin Agog

Quote from: phantom_power on April 29, 2019, 11:16:57 AM
I don't know if they are fixable but I am sure they are manageable. That would only happen though in a society where they could admit their problem and seek help before they offend and that is never going to happen when you have gangs of paedo hunters roaming around entrapping them and showing just what happens to them. They are not the only cause of this but they don't help

I agree wholeheartedly.  The newsrags' financially lucrative pot-stirring and outmoded good and evil way of thinking stymying anything remotely resembling an open dialogue is a big problem.  In that recent Louis Theroux campus rape doc, a female victim said something that was a bit of a revelation to me.  If society didn't make admitting you're a rapist of some sort tantamount to agreeing to end your career, ruin your social life and destroy your family; if it opened its ears to the idea of a heartfelt admission of guilt allowing a willingness to change, to do whatever's possible to salve the wrongs you've done (and I don't think a celibate paedophile has done anything wrong- in a way they're more noble than I am by far), then there may ultimately end up being far fewer abuse victims in the world.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: greenman on April 29, 2019, 11:25:30 AM
It does seem to be part of a culture as well that focuses on the "lone wolf" paedophile, the idea the weirdo stranger preying on kids as the main threat when in reality most abuse happens either within families or involves people with official responsibility for children.

True, but paedophile hunters are usually only able to detect nonces who are talking sexually to children online. They have caught a few people with official responsibility for children. I do agree that much more needs to be done to tackle abuse - of all kinds - within families. I also wonder how many more Savilles there are out there.

phantom_power

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 29, 2019, 11:20:11 AM
What is the overall cause though and how should it be fixed?

I don't know, I am not an expert. Again part of the problem is that in order to study this you need to have a reasonably data set to work from and people with paedophile thoughts and tendencies aren't going to offer themselves up for study. I think a common cause is that they were abused themselves.

Either way I am talking about the overall cause of having people with paedophile tendencies left to fend for themselves with no support to stop them offending. If it were treated like a mental illness rather than a sign of being an evil criminal then they could put themselves forward for some sort of therapy, possible treatment and monitoring. They are taken out of the loop before they offend. That is the ideal at least. The problem is that in order to do this you have to have empathy with people who have aberrant thoughts who haven't committed any crimes, and paedophile hunters are one of many reasons why that will never happen

Pancake

I got heavily into pedo hunting videos a few weeks ago, they all say the same thing about 'if you try and escape I'll put you on the floor', they say they're just providing a service and detaining their hits until the police arrive, but then spend that time berating them, and it's been said that they're not even catching paedoes, they're just entrapping sad, usually broken freaks who get over excited by a bit of attention.

Without wanting to be judgemental, I'm going to assume that everyone involved in the hunting game are thick, common cunts who are either hiding their own pederastic tendencies or they just want to give themselves a modicum of power in their otherwise pathetic, subjugated and ultimately inconsequential lives.

bgmnts

Would anyone watch Buffy the Paedo Slayer?

Sin Agog

This doesn't look good for Giles.

Pancake

I mean like chavvy, lower working class scum, painter and decorator types, if they work at all (unlikely). They drink cider in fun pubs and have a St Georges Cross hanging out one of their windows, you know the types.

sponk

Quote from: Pancake on April 29, 2019, 12:07:25 PM
it's been said that they're not even catching paedoes, they're just entrapping sad, usually broken freaks who get over excited by a bit of attention.

It's been said that climate change is fake news, doesn't mean it is. They've caught many re-offenders, and, as I said, some people who were actively abusing children as well as looking for other victims online.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-47072893

Quote from: Pancake on April 29, 2019, 12:11:14 PM
I mean like chavvy, lower working class scum, painter and decorator types, if they work at all (unlikely). They drink cider in fun pubs and have a St Georges Cross hanging out one of their windows, you know the types.

And this confirms my suspicions of the suspicion about paedo hunters. People claim to be concerned about vigilante justice, and the presumption of innocence, but really they're just snobs and hate the hunters because they're working class and "uneducated".

bgmnts

Quote from: Pancake on April 29, 2019, 12:11:14 PM

Did the vandals get to your car again?

phantom_power

Quote from: sponk on April 29, 2019, 12:11:36 PM
It's been said that climate change is fake news, doesn't mean it is. They've caught many re-offenders, and, as I said, some people who were actively abusing children as well as looking for other victims online.

But they don't know any of this when they go in for the kill

Sin Agog

There's no way in hell they're not getting off on some Batman delusions.

Just remembered about the time my step-dad stumbled half-broken through the door with my autistic sister in tears behind him.  A gang of young men had decked him while he was out walking my sister as she was being difficult and he looks like a Genesis reject, ergo guaranteed proven nonce.

sponk

Pancake

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-47072893

And this confirms my suspicions of the suspicion about paedo hunters. People claim to be concerned about vigilante justice, and the presumption of innocence, but really they're just snobs and hate the hunters because they're working class and "uneducated".

If you want to align yourself with these people then it's your life

Jockice

Quote from: Piggyoioi on April 28, 2019, 10:26:31 PM
I remember a friend of mine showing me a bunch of these one evening. I remember what struck me at the time was how the pedo's would just sit there rather shocked and have a rather long awkward conversation. When one of these hunter types finally catch up with me i'll be sure to stick my head down and run off.

Do the Game For A Laugh/Beadle's About reaction. ''What? It was you pretending to be a 12-year-old? Ha ha ha, you certainly fooled me there. Just wait till I tell the wife.'

Jockice

Quote from: Malcy on April 28, 2019, 10:49:19 PM

The comments under the video were horrendous. There were several accusing them of being incestious, being in on it, being ok with it etc. All this is going to do is prompt people with no sense to do something stupid and innocent people will end up hurt. It's only a matter of time.

There was one a couple of miles from where I live recently. I watched a bit because someone (who I actually really like) posted coverage on Facebook. It seemed to me like he was a very lonely sad individual with a drink problem who seemed to have been set up on an adult site by someone who at first claimed to be 19 and then became 14 after the sexual chat started.

Just to make it worse, it turned out that this bloke had a teenage daughter who had died a few months earlier. You can imagine some of the comments that attracted...

PlanktonSideburns

So are these paedophile hunters getting better results than the police then? What's stopping coppers nicking whatever tactics the paedo hunters use? They keep saying they're on chat rooms doing this - do chat rooms still exist?

sponk

Quote from: Jockice on April 29, 2019, 12:34:08 PM
There was one a couple of miles from where I live recently. I watched a bit because someone (who I actually really like) posted coverage on Facebook. It seemed to me like he was a very lonely sad individual with a drink problem who seemed to have been set up on an adult site by someone who at first claimed to be 19 and then became 14 after the sexual chat started.

Just to make it worse, it turned out that this bloke had a teenage daughter who had died a few months earlier. You can imagine some of the comments that attracted...

I know the one you're talking about. The "decoy" profile had to say they were 18 or other to be allowed on the site, and the offender was told within one or two messages, and repeatedly throughout the chat that she was 14. Why didn't he stop talking as soon as she said so? He wasn't "set-up".

Cuellar

Couldn't the suspected paedo just claim that they knew they were a grown man pretending to be a child all along, and it was precisely that pretense that gets them off?

Gerald Fjord

Yeah I do wonder. I mean, I know "no harm no foul" probably isn't an actual legal term but like I can see myself having a hilarious time sending these weirdos on a wild goose chase. I just don't want to go to nonce prison for it.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 29, 2019, 12:48:01 PM
So are these paedophile hunters getting better results than the police then? What's stopping coppers nicking whatever tactics the paedo hunters use? They keep saying they're on chat rooms doing this - do chat rooms still exist?

They do do this sometimes, but the police are massively under resourced, partly due to austerity cuts. Of course, they can still find 10 officers for when Cameron goes on holiday.

chveik

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 29, 2019, 12:18:26 PM
There's no way in hell they're not getting off on some Batman delusions.

paedo hunters should be chemically castrated, just to make sure this doesn't happen.

imitationleather

Would you rather live next door to a paedo or a paedo hunter?

Sin Agog

Quote from: chveik on April 29, 2019, 01:27:39 PM
paedo hunters should be chemically castrated, just to make sure this doesn't happen.

You're right, having no balls will make it nigh on impossible for them to do the Batman voice.

phantom_power

How admissible is any of it as evidence? Is it not entrapment?

Pancake

Paedo by a mile, I'd just call the coppers on them.

Paedo hunters have washing machines in their front yards and play gabber all night

Jockice

Quote from: sponk on April 29, 2019, 12:49:09 PM
I know the one you're talking about. The "decoy" profile had to say they were 18 or other to be allowed on the site, and the offender was told within one or two messages, and repeatedly throughout the chat that she was 14. Why didn't he stop talking as soon as she said so? He wasn't "set-up".

Are you sure you know the one I'm talking about? if so tell me which area in which city it took place. You seem to think that no paedo hunter could possibly lie or try through devious means to get a 'result' and every paedo is daft enough not to think there's something strange going on here when someone they've contacted on an adult site suddenly admits to being underage. Although obviously some are daft enough...

Endicott

Quote from: imitationleather on April 29, 2019, 01:31:50 PM
Would you rather live next door to a paedo or a paedo hunter?

I'd need more information. Which one votes Tory?