Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

That's no way to go

Started by Butchers Blind, April 28, 2019, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on April 30, 2019, 02:11:13 AM
Is that the guy Foucault mentions at the start of Discipline and Punish, I can't quite remember?

absolutely

new page twat that really shouldn't have read this thread because of his already fragile mental state.

madhair60

Someone needs to get over St Eddie's gaff and check the shed. Just a quick peek through the window. Maybe a quick look in the fridge.

gilbertharding

Quote from: katzenjammer on April 29, 2019, 07:05:55 PM
One that kept me awake at night was this account of a potholer who got wedged upside down in a hole for the rest of his life (about 27 hours).  He's still there. They couldn't get his body out so just sealed the cave.

Potholing.  Fuck no.

Oh God.

paruses

Shit - I'd particularly avoided that post for fear he was stuck upside down. That's a massive phobia of mine. Feel quite queasy now.

Cuellar

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 30, 2019, 11:47:25 AM
Similar story from the Peak District 1959.

http://www.thegranthams.co.uk/paul/graves/neilmoss.html

Mucky Ducks passage, after Nutty Putty one, in the other story.  Ironic how the sites of tragedies have such flippant-sounding names.

Kryton

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 30, 2019, 12:00:25 PM
Mucky Ducks passage, after Nutty Putty one, in the other story.  Ironic how the sites of tragedies have such flippant-sounding names.

Not as dangerous as anal-prolapse caverns. Google it.

SteveDave

Quote from: thenoise on April 29, 2019, 06:00:02 PM
No, although that was based on a true story.

Not wanting to be that guy but Elisa Lam died 11 years after the Japanese Dark Water film.

holyzombiejesus

My friends elderly grandfather was very depressed, particularly because as he got older he was losing his independence. He decided to take his own life and, horribly, opted to drink a bottle of weedkiller. (Un)fortunately, he was found and treated and his life was saved, but they needed to amputate his legs. I'm an empathic person but when my friend told me this, I really had to struggle not to snigger.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: SteveDave on April 30, 2019, 02:07:15 PM
Not wanting to be that guy but Elisa Lam died 11 years after the Japanese Dark Water film.

I noted that but wasn't that guy

Cuellar

Apparently Mark Kozelek doesn't believe in it. Thinks it's all a hoax.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Kryton on April 30, 2019, 12:07:26 PM
anal-prolapse caverns.
That's Tim Gane's Post-Stereolab groop, isn't it?

thenoise

Quote from: SteveDave on April 30, 2019, 02:07:15 PM

Fine the true story was based on the film then ffs.

The Lion King

Quote from: katzenjammer on April 29, 2019, 07:05:55 PM
Potholer who got wedged upside down in a hole for the rest of his life (about 27 hours).  He's still there. They couldn't get his body out so just sealed the cave.

He's not going anywhere, seal the cave!

gilbertharding

Quote from: The Lion King on April 30, 2019, 04:31:10 PM
He's not going anywhere, seal the cave!

If that was me, I'd like my friends to inject me with a lethal heroin overdose (in the soles of my feet, I guess).

Next time I go caving (there won't be a next time) I'm making sure someone has the necessary gear just in case.

katzenjammer

Ant walking alligators of Hiroshima.  I'll let you do your own googling. 

Every politician that's thinking about maybe starting a war should be forced to see this kind of thing first.

Cerys

a duncandisorderly

Bazooka

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 30, 2019, 11:47:25 AM
Similar story from the Peak District 1959.

http://www.thegranthams.co.uk/paul/graves/neilmoss.html

Krang from TMNT was the only smart brain in facing inadvertent danger. Fuck me, I've driven around a corner a bit fast, crossed the road "some would say" a bit late,swam out a bit too far , but fucking slithering into the abyss in a cavern, I would rather be in Helmand Province.

Norton Canes

Rock climbers, they've got the right idea. Any mistakes there and it's all over in five seconds.

Paul Calf

Not necessarily. There are the bodies of over 200 climbers on Everest alone who just froze to death where they collapsed. Some of them were passed by other climbers on their way to and back from the peak as they died.

70 grand for that. 70 grand to spend a month climbing to a frozen death in the clouds.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 30, 2019, 12:00:25 PM

The person (or people) who discover and map these caves - which is one of the main things you want to do once you get into caving - get to name the caves. I've known a few (hence my few long ago experiences of caving), and the 'wacky fucker' nature of the cave names checks out: http://expo.survex.com/years/1992/bcracc.htm

Bazooka

Seems like a top bloke, but in my life time I won't be surprised to see in the news Alex Honnold has lost his grip so to speak (fallen).

Ever seen pictures of a man who has farted himself inside out?

Harrowing.

Cuellar

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 01, 2019, 09:55:42 AM
Not necessarily. There are the bodies of over 200 climbers on Everest alone who just froze to death where they collapsed. Some of them were passed by other climbers on their way to and back from the peak as they died.

70 grand for that. 70 grand to spend a month climbing to a frozen death in the clouds.

And Rupal Face on Nanga Parbat is 15,000 feet. If you fell from that, you'd have about a minute of freefall to examine your life choices.

Gerald Fjord

No way that's 15,000 feet.

SteveDave

Quote from: thenoise on April 30, 2019, 03:22:30 PM
Fine the true story was based on the film then ffs.

Thank you for your apology.