Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dragon's Dogma

Started by The Boston Crab, April 28, 2019, 10:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm playing the remaster on Switch and I'm really enjoying it. It's a bit of a mixture of Demon's Souls and Oblivion. It's that good. Empty, janky, obtuse and unbelievably charming, full of personality and ambition and boring needless world building detail and tremendously engaging exploration and floaty combat, hilarious and sincere voice work. It's a game that epitomises the last gen of attempting too much and failing and being thoroughly exciting and absorbing as a result. One of the best games I've played this year, better than Sekiro in lots of ways, it deserves a lot of love.

Bazooka

That fucking stamina system though...

That's one thing that reminds me of Demon's Souls. Feels dated in a very comforting way.

madhair60

Played this on PC and thought it was unfortunately devoid of character, particularly the locations. Might give it another go if I can plug away at it while I coil out a stinker

Benjaminos

Played through the remastered version on the PS4 last month, missed it the first time around. Better than Skyrim, I reckon.

I think the slight jankiness is the key to its genius. Reminds me a lot of Two Worlds on the 360, which I spent a year or so rinsing the fuck out of.