Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Quote-along screenings

Started by madhair60, April 29, 2019, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Nah pal. Do you fancy coming to Withnail & I to yell at the screen? Yeah I WOULD LIKE A BOTTLE OF WINE PLEASE, all the classics. WHERE'S THAT WINE

Fucking absolutely not. No sing-a-longs either.

BlodwynPig

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...dick heads in a cinema quoting lines in my fucking scenes...mindless infantiles squeeing with glee at their powers of recitation...all these cunts will be lost in time, like the worthless specks of dust that they are...time for...err...can someone hand me a script

Bazooka

I think The Room screenings are probably the king of this.

SteveDave

I saw a Withnail & I quote-a-long a few years ago and it was painful. There was just one drunk man saying the best known lines incorrectly about 3 seconds before the actual line and then correcting himself. For about 45 minutes until his friends told him to pack it in.

The sing-a-long Wicker Man was quite good though. The fellow presenting it was dressed like Lord Summerisle.

Puce Moment

Why did he pick The Dark Knight Rises when he could have waited for an interactive midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Small Man Big Horse

I've never been to one but don't have an issue with sing-a-longs, they sound pretty fun, but quote-a-longs would be my own personal hell. Well, bar the personal hell where nipples squirt out shit in to my mouth for days at a time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2019, 05:20:18 PM
I've never been to one but don't have an issue with sing-a-longs, they sound pretty fun, but quote-a-longs would be my own personal hell. Well, bar the personal hell where nipples squirt out shit in to my mouth for days at a time.

don't get this - sing-a-longs are dissonant quote-a-longs.

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 30, 2019, 05:35:23 PM
don't get this - sing-a-longs are dissonant quote-a-longs.

Eh.  Not really the same thing.  People put on a CD at home by themselves and sing-a-long to it.  Not many people put on a movie at home and start talking-a-long to it.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 30, 2019, 06:14:00 PM
Eh.  Not really the same thing.  People put on a CD at home by themselves and sing-a-long to it.  Not many people put on a movie at home and start talking-a-long to it.

Well quite, it's fun to sing, but whoever enjoyed talking, especially during a film?

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 30, 2019, 06:14:00 PM

I do. I pretend the movie are my friends :(

St_Eddie

shh

Or 'autism-friendly' screenings as they're sometimes called.

Blinder Data

I agree, they are a very bad idea. It's also bad when half the audience don't get involved and become annoyed at people's behaviour. My screening of Schindler's List was totally ruined by the audience's refusal to quote-a-long.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2019, 07:28:14 PM
Well quite, it's fun to sing, but whoever enjoyed talking, especially during a film?

each to their own, I suppose.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 01, 2019, 03:08:35 PM
each to their own, I suppose.

No! I am right and you're ridiculously wrong, so wrong in fact that I might have to come to whatever fancy country you're currently living in and give you a better haircut and a nice massage. That'll teach you.

thraxx

I want to go and do this, but at a screening that is non quote along, and quote from a completely different film.  I don't know at the next Planet of the Apes film, get in loads of quotes and songs from Oliver!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 01, 2019, 03:20:54 PM
...I might have to come to whatever fancy country you're currently living in and give you a better haircut and a nice massage. That'll teach you.

You... you monster!

Swoz_MK

The fucking Price Charles are the worst for this. I wish they'd do a Combat Shock suicide-a-thon.

Icehaven

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2019, 07:28:14 PM
...whoever enjoyed talking, especially during a film?

EVERYFUCKINGBODY THESE DAYS!!

St_Eddie

Quote from: icehaven on May 01, 2019, 03:44:16 PM

Don't they just?  The talkative twats.  You'd at least hope that they'd have something of worth to say but no, every single time it's pure attention seeking, unadulterated drivel, straight from the mouths of morons.  Also, STOP KICKING THE BACK OF MY SEAT, YOU CUNTS!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 01, 2019, 03:28:44 PM
You... you monster!

Watch it you or I'm trim your beard so it looks more aesthetically pleasing and also give your legs a good scrub.

Quote from: icehaven on May 01, 2019, 03:44:16 PM

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment. And my step-brother was the worst for this, the last time I saw him we went to the cinema and he kept on quoting lines he found amusing and nudging me and going on about how funny something or other was. Understandably I have not spoken to him since.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 01, 2019, 03:20:54 PM
No! I am right and you're ridiculously wrong, so wrong in fact that I might have to come to whatever fancy country you're currently living in and give you a better haircut and a nice massage. That'll teach you.

I have no hair....and no shoulders.

Cuellar

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 01, 2019, 04:38:02 PM
I have no hair....and no shoulders.

You will have after I've finished with you.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 01, 2019, 04:19:12 PM
Watch it you or I'm trim your beard so it looks more aesthetically pleasing and also give your legs a good scrub.

Oh, dear God!  This is horrendous!  Won't somebody help me, please?!  Oh, Jesus!  He's putting money into my account now!  Fuck no!  He's complimenting me!  He's telling me that I'm a nice person!  Help!  Fuck!  Please!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Monty, you dreadful twat!

We want the nicest wines in all the world!

Jump in the back of my van!