Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:09:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

John Singleton dead

Started by Shit Good Nose, April 30, 2019, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48092578

Only 51.

I'll be honest - the only films of his I like are Boyz N the Hood and Rosewood, and I'm also fond of his TV series Snowfall.  But still, a fairly major blow given the oscar at 24 - twenty-fucking-four!

Small Man Big Horse

I thought Boyz In The Hood was superb too but then was disappointed by his subsequent efforts, the ones I saw at least, but yeah, 51 is no age and it really is a tragedy.

Dex Sawash

3rd season of Snowfall almost complete. Singleton handed off direction of final ep due to scheduling.

The end of the 30 second season 2 teaser is brilliant
https://youtu.be/dadO7PUA3Zk

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2019, 12:15:55 PM
I thought Boyz In The Hood was superb too but then was disappointed by his subsequent efforts, the ones I saw at least, but yeah, 51 is no age and it really is a tragedy.

Shaft is one of the very few times I've nearly walked out of the cinema, and Abduction is so bad it's offensive.

But, even if he did nothing other than Boyz, what a legacy to leave behind.

Blumf

Valerie must be devastated.

BlodwynPig

I thought this was John Stapleton

jamiefairlie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 30, 2019, 03:33:46 PM
I thought this was John Stapleton

Ditto. I'd have been more upset if it was, never heard of this guy before, he wasn't even on 60 minutes, never mind Nationwide.

magval

I thought about recommending Four Brothers in the film club thread but never went near, it in the end.

But you should watch it. It's much, much better than it looks from the marketing.

RIP good director.

Glebe

I think of only seen Boyz n the Hood, but in any case this is very sad news, 51 is no age.

Twed

Truly there will never be another instance of this man.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Twed on May 01, 2019, 03:27:16 AM
Truly there will never be another instance of this man.

I see what you did there...