Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone fancy a meet in Hebden Bridge?

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 30, 2019, 12:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

It's really easy to get to (and home) from Leeds and Manchester (and Preston), there are (cheapish) trains running after 11pm and it's quite good for pubs. There are hostels and B&Bs if people want to stay and the Todmorden Toy Museum and Sylvia Plath's grave are nearby. I was thinking early summer, maybe a Saturday in June?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

EDIT: Fucking forget it.

PowerButchi

While I'd love the chance to bump into Dave Foulger in the Sports and Social like the old days, I no longer live near Hebden.

Norton Canes

Been meaning to do a daytime trip over to Hebden Bridge for awhile. Er, that is, me and Mrs Canes. But I'm sure she wouldn't mind joining in - she loves any proof that I've actually got friends.

Replies From View

How do you get into a bridge?  Do you mean morph yourself into the concrete or ironwork somehow?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I am definitely in for this. Hebden Bridge is magnificent and very well connected for Lancashire and Yorkshire folk.

Surely any true CaBer is tempted by the prospect of a wander up The Buttress.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Replies From View on April 30, 2019, 12:44:39 PM
How do you get into a bridge?  Do you mean morph yourself into the concrete or ironwork somehow?

That's Pontefract

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 30, 2019, 10:42:59 PM
Will there be any bumming?

Only for attentive readers.

Surely any true CaBer is tempted by the prospect of a wander up The Buttress.

shiftwork2

Anyone into a Membury Services meet?  Just along the M4 corridor from Reading (jewel), Slough, Swindon and Bristol.  It's a cavalcade of England's riches.  Some welsh could attend but let's not publicise that.  We could call it the Brunel and his bridges meet.  Have a go on the fruities and maybe peruse phone fascias in Phone Fuck.  Proper southern fucks with some Western attitude creepin in

idunnosomename

Bit of a walk up to Heptonstall, but Plath's grave is moving and nearby you have the late medieval church that was left without a roof after it burnt off in the 19th century, and that Ted wrote some verses about and is fun to lark about in.

holyzombiejesus

Bump. I think there's 3 of us so far, maybe a +1 thrown in too. Any others? Thinking end of June, start of July...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sat 29th or Sunday 30th is good for me. If it is a small meet I might bring my partner along. She has met 2 Cabbers now so best to start upscaling further.

Beagle 2

I'm a maybe! I live in York these days so not a million miles away.

holyzombiejesus

Saturday 29th June sounds good for me. I should add that I'll only really be able to get to this from about 7pm.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Beagle 2 on May 13, 2019, 02:25:24 PM
I'm a maybe! I live in York these days so not a million miles away.

Yeah, my wife does the trip to see her brother. Not sure on late trains though.

Beagle 2

I'm crap at being able to commit to anything due to childcare these days but I may be able to work something out.

poo

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 30, 2019, 11:44:45 PM
Anyone into a Membury Services meet?  Just along the M4 corridor from Reading (jewel), Slough, Swindon and Bristol.  It's a cavalcade of England's riches.  Some welsh could attend but let's not publicise that.  We could call it the Brunel and his bridges meet.  Have a go on the fruities and maybe peruse phone fascias in Phone Fuck.  Proper southern fucks with some Western attitude creepin in

Now yer fucking talking

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can you pull a few strings and turn up couple of hours earlier HZJ? Hebden is well connected but I still think the few likely to turn up will want to between 3-8pm so they can return home before very late.

poo

Love motorway services. Absolutely fucking love them.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2019, 02:33:52 PM
Can you pull a few strings and turn up couple of hours earlier HZJ? Hebden is well connected but I still think the few likely to turn up will want to between 3-8pm so they can return home before very late.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do.

Ambient Sheep

Membury Services also has that rather striking transmission tower in the Eastbound carpark.

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/membury/

500ft tall!

It's no Emley Moor or Skelton, mind.  But makes a change from yer usual service station accoutrements.

Paul Calf

Quote from: poo on May 13, 2019, 02:34:41 PM
Love motorway services. Absolutely fucking love them.

What's your fave? Mine's Leicester Forest East. Not only does it have a bridge, there's a cafe on the bridge where you can sit and eat your £15 full English watching the cars whizz by under you. 10/10 since they put the new toilets in.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 14, 2019, 10:26:46 AM
Membury Services also has that rather striking transmission tower in the Eastbound carpark.

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/membury/

500ft tall!

It's no Emley Moor or Skelton, mind.  But makes a change from yer usual service station accoutrements.

Gloucester's nice, but it's gone all Islington-farmers'-market with its poncy organic local petrol and locally produced artisan washer fluid.

shiftwork2

Seeing as I've hijacked the thread I may as well end it: it's Tebay.  It's slways Tebay.

Dex Sawash

imitationleather

As a non-driver going to a motorway services is a rare and extremely exciting treat.

I wish they did buses to them.

pancreas