Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone fancy a meet in Hebden Bridge?

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 30, 2019, 12:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Didn't know Malcolm 'Norris from Corrie' Hebden* had a bridge named after him. Of course there's nobody else in the world with the surname 'Hebden'.

New page fancy a meet on Twat Bridge?

Norton Canes

Tebay is over-rated crap. Yeah it might be the only independent one left on the UK M-way network but it's a jumped-up garden centre cafe and 'rustic' farm shop where the blue rinse brigade go when they've got nothing better to do with their Sundays. Avoid.

Just down the road we have the finest services tower in the land but the rest of the stop is nothing to shout about.

Lancaster Services (or 'Forton Services' as it used to be known)

We always stopped at Watford Gap when I was a kid but that was back in the 70's before all the services got homogenised (that doesn't sound right). With Norton Canes it's not so much the quality of the services that, having shelled out to go on the M6 Toll, you feel privileged to simply be there. It's like a motorway-based Centerparcs.

shiftwork2

Come on it's like Twin Peaks in there and it's got a butchers, which frankly, has got to be worth one.

pancreas

The usual anti-sophisticate mob out in force to decry Tebay. It's just another form of racism.

Mr_Simnock

Put me down in the Tebay fanclub group, it's great.

Replies From View

Tebay is such a racist spelling of Dubai.

Also it's miles away.  Why not meet somewhere more local for a change, like London?

purlieu

I've got a northern trip due in June / July so I might be able to time it with this. It's halfway between the 18 disc Tangerine Dream boxset and the Doctor Who Season 10 BluRay box, so funds might not be at their highest, but I'd like to do it as I need to visit Manchester and Sheffield soon, and probably spend a couple more days in Leeds.
Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2019, 02:22:45 PMSat 29th or Sunday 30th is good for me. If it is a small meet I might bring my partner along. She has met 2 Cabbers now so best to start upscaling further.
She's met me, it's all downhill from here.
Quote from: Paul Calf on May 14, 2019, 10:35:30 AM
What's your fave? Mine's Leicester Forest East. Not only does it have a bridge, there's a cafe on the bridge where you can sit and eat your £15 full English watching the cars whizz by under you. 10/10 since they put the new toilets in.
My dad used to go there on Saturday nights after all the pubs closed. Innocent times eh?

By the way, only a few miles from Hebden Bridge is Mytholmroyd, which has a clog museum.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

purlieu

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: purlieu on May 15, 2019, 08:33:04 PM
Don't disrespect it, you can talk directly to clog makers.

HOT CLOG CHAT - 100% REAL CLOG GIRLS near you want to CHAT LIVE

poo

Don't go to the Starbucks at Membury westbound. It'll tempt you in because its set away from the main building and means you don't have to mix with large crowds of Detritus of England. Problem though - it's absolute SHAT.

pancreas

poo

Quote from: poo on May 16, 2019, 08:49:10 AM
Don't go to the Starbucks at Membury westbound. It'll tempt you in because its set away from the main building and means you don't have to mix with large crowds of Detritus of England. Problem though - it's absolute SHAT.

Eastbound, I meant Eastbound!! What a cunt.

Ronalado

helo what pub and also do the pub sell SUPER BOCK?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotelarge crowds of Detritus of England.

All Motorway Services

holyzombiejesus

Just checking people (i.e shoulders and Norton Canes and anyone else) are still on for this on the Saturday 29th of June...

pancreas

I might be able to come. I'm on my way down to Canterbury for a workshop the following week.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

pancreas

Is this still happening? Obviously Shoulders is currently banned, but he's contactable nevertheless.

holyzombiejesus

Yes! I just got a message from him. Didn't realise you could still PM the banned. Yes, it is still happening and naughty Shoulders is coming. We'll make him sit facing a wall or something. Are you up for it? Anyone else? Train fare is only about a tenner, maybe less, from Manchester and Leeds and last trains back are after 11. It might be sunny!

EDIT: New thread for everyone to ignore here.

pancreas

Well, I probably *could*. I'd probably need to get the last train back to London, which may not entirely make it worth it depending on who's coming and what time it is.

Danger Man

Quote from: pancreas on June 23, 2019, 09:36:05 PM
Is this still happening? Obviously Shoulders is currently banned, but he's contactable nevertheless.

He's back. Returning posters have to pay penance in a few music threads before going back to normal. The music threads are where we wash away our sins.

pancreas

I thought Neil should have banned him for at least a couple of months if I'm honest. In fact, I'm going to ruin every thread he posts in until Neil agrees to ban him for longer.

chveik

Quote from: Danger Man on June 23, 2019, 10:34:47 PM
He's back. Returning posters have to pay penance in a few music threads before going back to normal. The music threads are where we wash away our sins.

but if you post about progressive rock, you are banned forever.

chveik

they're fine I suppose.

alpha males listen to zeuhl though.