Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Musicians You Don't Like From The 60s?

Started by MortSahlFan, May 03, 2019, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

Their personalities.. You can like their music (or not).

To clarify, I consider a singer a musician.

Lordofthefiles

Jess Conrad.

Brute, cunt and alleged paedophile.

dallasman

Dave Dee, Beaky, Bonnie, Mickey, Huey, Louie, Dewey, Bibsys, Itch and Trish

All paedos. Lazy, derivative paedos.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: dallasman on May 03, 2019, 09:01:14 PM
Dave Dee, Beaky, Bonnie, Mickey, Huey, Louie, Dewey, Bibsys, Itch and Trish

All paedos. Lazy, derivative paedos.

They didn't half run the Trumpton fire station efficiently though but.

Hey, Punk!

All of them! Imaging listening to things from before you were born LMAO! Get rekt grandad!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

1. Angry Harry (of Angry Harry and the Grumpsters) - Too angry

2. Curtis D. Whigfield - Strong start to his career, but later album releases ruined by poor production done by his deaf mum.

3. Ambrose "Flusher" Armitage-Shanks - Again early promise, but slow descent into quiche addiction by the end of the decade.

4. Mott Manro - Horrible squeeky shoes.

5. Rusty Busstt - She never got over that poor decision to sign with Bunk Records.

6. Peggy Plop (of the The Ploppettes) - The weakest dancer/singer of all 16 Plopettes.

7. Gary Milk (of Gary Milk and the Gasmen) - Smallest man to ever spend 4 weeks at number 1 in the charts.

8. Sister Mary-Sue Townsend - Conversion to Sunni Islam halfway through recording second album.

9. Cliff Gannet (of Cliff and the Shiny Trousers) - Notorious carpet sniffer.

10. Ortis Bowels - Forever in the shadow of Rollo Bowels, his elder brother.

dallasman

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on May 03, 2019, 09:07:47 PM
8. Sister Mary-Sue Townsend - Conversion to Sunni Islam halfway through recording second album.

Wasn't she originally in the Shiarelles?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: dallasman on May 03, 2019, 09:33:28 PM
Wasn't she originally in the Shiarelles?

Well quite, caused rather a schism I believe.

Mr Banlon

Ray Stevens. Probably more famous as a 70s act, but has been around since the 60s
He's a horrible dickhead.

Yes, Jess Conrad is a really nasty piece of work.

Sin Agog

The Who.  For inventing Power Rock by stretching out the slightest wisp of a melody to an almost Stars of the Lid level of droniness.

Oh, their personalities.  I dunno.  Singer seems alright for doing that one Alan Partridge interview.

Shaky

Brundle-Fly

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 03, 2019, 10:58:07 PM
The Who.  For inventing Power Rock by stretching out the slightest wisp of a melody to an almost Stars of the Lid level of droniness.

Oh, their personalities.  I dunno.  Singer seems alright for doing that one Alan Partridge interview.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the 'eavy '70s 'Oo there? '60s 'Oo were a supremely melodic power pop group.

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on May 04, 2019, 01:47:09 AM
Mike Love

Yes, he's a naff twat and a Trump supporter to boot, but I can't find room in my heart to truly dislike a member of The Beach Boys.

Dave Clark is a good shout, his over-inflated sense of self-importance is quite staggering, plus he shoehorned footage of his own shitty band into the late '80s repeats of all those Ready Steady Go! episodes he owned the rights to.

And yeah, Phil Spector, obviously, what with him being a murderer and all.

chveik

I like Mike Love when I'm watching his version of the BB perform, but the OP is about their personalities and he's the personal encapsulation of all the Trump-like qualities that are destroying the country. I realize it's almost impossible to disregard the songs he's co-written when thinking about him, and I imagine I'd enjoy a chat with him about those songs, but it's a crime against that same music to use it to give legitimacy to Trump.

OTOH Love is an angel compared to Roger Daltrey whose Enoch Powellism is combined with "watch yer backs" homophobia, unreconstructed machismo and country gent pro-hunting cuntitude.

Shaky

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on May 04, 2019, 01:05:38 PM
OTOH Love is an angel compared to Roger Daltrey whose Enoch Powellism is combined with "watch yer backs" homophobia, unreconstructed machismo and country gent pro-hunting cuntitude.

He was good in Highlander the series, though.

I like Mike Love when I'm watching his version of the BB perform, but the OP is about their personalities and he's the personal encapsulation of all the Trump-like qualities that are destroying the country. I realize it's almost impossible to disregard the songs he's co-written when thinking about him, and I imagine I'd enjoy a chat with him about those songs, but it's a crime against that same music to use it to give legitimacy to Trump.

Agreed. Daltrey is such a massive wanker he makes Love look like a harmless eccentric. However, you're absolutely right, Mike Love should be celebrated for his contributions to some of the greatest pop songs ever written, but it's impossible to ignore his vile ultra-conservatism. He's a twat who had some talent, that's the tragedy.

Brundle-Fly

Who's to say he isn't embarrassed now by the "watch your backs" comment? People do change.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 04, 2019, 01:59:37 PM
Who's to say he isn't embarrassed now by the "watch your backs" comment? People do change.

He probably is, but he's still the least likeable member of The Who (none of whom were particularly likeable anyway - apart from Kenney Jones, who seems nice enough, if a bit dull).

Brundle-Fly

He still raises a lot of dough for the Teenage Cancer Trust so The Duchess isn't so bad. I like the mod stuff but it's not as if I'm that much of a massive Who fan. I'm not sure why I'm leaping to his defence. I think it's because certain pop/rock stars get singled out all the time as if all the 'cool' artists are not all flawed too. I suppose it depends on how big your house is.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 04, 2019, 02:38:13 PM
He still raises a lot of dough for the Teenage Cancer Trust so The Duchess isn't so bad. I like the mod stuff but it's not as if I'm that much of a massive Who fan. I'm not sure why I'm leaping to his defence. I think it's because certain pop/rock stars get singled out all the time as if all the 'cool' artists are not all flawed too. I suppose it depends on how big your house is.

Yep, Rog does a lot of good work for charity, hats off to him for that. Also, I agree that certain artists tend to get a kicking as a matter of course, despite being no worse - as people - than some hipper musicians.

gmoney

Gary Puckett - Almost certainly a proud sex offender.

If John Lennon had lived he would have been cancelled for saying something stupid by now.

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 04, 2019, 04:09:40 PM
If John Lennon had lived he would have been cancelled for saying something stupid by now.

Almost certainly.

Quote from: gmoney on May 04, 2019, 03:45:25 PM
Gary Puckett - Almost certainly a proud sex offender.

His unwavering dedication to the paedo-pop genre was almost admirable, in a way. The man was always on message.

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 04, 2019, 04:09:40 PM

I think being a snide, sour, wife beating prick would have cancelled him without the need for inflammatory remarks.

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on May 04, 2019, 04:38:40 PM
I think being a snide, sour, wife beating prick would have cancelled him without the need for inflammatory remarks.

He hasn't been retrospectively cancelled, despite all that stuff being common knowledge. Dead John Lennon is cancel-proof. If he was alive today, you can absolutely guarantee that an ill-advised quip or foolish opinion expressed during an interview or on Twitter - he'd be spouting off on Twitter all the time - would tarnish his reputation.