Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comic book panels or pages you love

Started by Mister Six, May 04, 2019, 11:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Some fantastic stuff here. Fanx!

Hard Bolled written by Frank Miller

Artist, Geof Darrow 1990

I just love the sleazy mermaid factor... plus Blade (1998) & Mad Max:Fury Road (2015) surely owe a debt?

Mister Six

The Shadowy Mr Evans makes an entrance in Doom Patrol #47, with the aid of Grant Morrison and Richard Case.

madhair60

madhair60

Norton Canes

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 05, 2019, 04:56:31 PM
Judge Dredd - Judge Death Lives - Brian Bolland 1981

Good pick

And obviously

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: madhair60 on May 07, 2019, 11:15:54 AM

That is a goodun. I have no idea about the character, but those few panels have way more impact than the equivalent scene in the film.

mikeyg27

(This should be a double-page spread instead of a single GIF)

Reading this was maybe the sharpest "oh no!" inhalation I've ever taken.

Mister Six

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 07, 2019, 12:24:31 PM[/size]
That is a goodun. I have no idea about the character, but those few panels have way more impact than the equivalent scene in the film.
[/size]

I feel exactly the same way. Fantastic writing.
Quote from: mikeyg27 on May 07, 2019, 12:36:57 PM

(This should be a double-page spread instead of a single GIF)

Reading this was maybe the sharpest "oh no!" inhalation I've ever taken.

What's the context for that? I know it's Love & Rockets, but beyond that, nothing.

mikeyg27

The first woman is just a random old lady who mistakenly thinks Maggie is a whore. Everyone else is pretty much every other character in the series Maggie has met on the way punishing her for her decisions.

Kelvin

madhair60

YES. I fucking love that Night of the Owls one SO MUCH. I came to post my favourite Batman page which generally makes me well up like a pathetic loser:

madhair60

Another Punisher Max one that makes me laugh every single time.

Gregory Torso

God I used to love Love And Rockets so much. Time to dig out my old comic books.

madhair60

kalowski

Now I could pick virtually any pages from Chris Ware but...

thraxx

This BLEW MY TINY MIND.

Very few days go by when I don't think about Bisley stuff like this:

Can't find the Chopper one I wanted but this one sticks in the mind too. 

madhair60

Love how everyone's posting Chris Ware and Zenith and I'm just like yeah Bat-Mite!!! Fuck sake

Norton Canes

holyzombiejesus

Someone posted some eerie Japanese thing a few years ago. It looked brilliant but I can't remember what it was called. It wasn't that little boy spying one; I think it was on a hill and some figures were on it and they might have been statues or something. I knew the name at the time and the comic shop knew it quite well. Any ideas?

Also, how does everyone have their favourite comic pages readily available to post?

madhair60

Consignia

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 09, 2019, 03:26:23 PM
Someone posted some eerie Japanese thing a few years ago. It looked brilliant but I can't remember what it was called. It wasn't that little boy spying one; I think it was on a hill and some figures were on it and they might have been statues or something. I knew the name at the time and the comic shop knew it quite well. Any ideas?

This: (not Japanese I don't think, but very reminiscent of Junji Itou)

Sorry can't find the original link to give credit, but I believe it's a webcomic.

EDIT: Uno Moralez (http://unomoralez.com/) a Russian artist.

holyzombiejesus

It wasn't that little boy spying one

The one I was thinking of was a little more like Uzumaki. In fact, it may have actually been Uzumaki.

Consignia

Mister Six

Also, how does everyone have their favourite comic pages readily available to post?

Readcomiconline.to

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 09, 2019, 10:31:59 PM
The one I was thinking of was a little more like Uzumaki. In fact, it may have actually been Uzumaki.
I don't remember a bit like that in Uzumaki. Might be another Ito? I loved Uzumaki so much I've been meaning to read some more of his.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth