Author Topic: Comic book panels or pages you love  (Read 1974 times)

Re: Comic book panels or pages you love
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2019, 01:31:12 PM »
I don't remember a bit like that in Uzumaki. Might be another Ito? I loved Uzumaki so much I've been meaning to read some more of his.

I know nothing about him(?) so it may be. I've just googled some of his stuff and it may well have been from this...

Most of the other stuff I saw by him looked quite childish so I may not bother looking any further.

Jerzy Bondov

• get sum!!
    • Wrongfully Adapted
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2019, 01:54:28 PM »
What's childish about this

Anyway the mountain with man-shaped holes is from The Enigma of Amigara Fault, which is included with Gyo, which I've now got. Looking forward to it

Mister Six

• Half-masted, bass-boosted, sling-backed
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2019, 08:02:47 PM »
Didn't much like Gyo, but fuck me does it have some memorable images, and a brilliant and terrifying dreamlike atmosphere.

Consignia

• Deviant
  • Silver Member
  • Punchy
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2019, 08:09:41 PM »
I find in general Junji Itou is a better artist than he is story teller. See any Souichi Tsujii "comedy", or even really think about any of his stories for more than a second. However the artwork is always really striking, it makes even the most pedestrian stories come to life.

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2019, 08:42:46 PM »

My jaw dropped when I got to this shot of an evil Ranger on a throne. Still the most iconic image of Kyle Higgins' run on that book.

Sex Festival Organizer

• Tickets available now!
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
Some panels from Pim & Francie by Al Columbia. I’m not that big a fan of the actual book, as it’s literally just a scrapbook full of sketches, but Columbia’s an amazing artist, and some of the images are downright haunting:

Edit: The last 3 are in sequence (which brighter members may already have realised).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:02:39 PM by Sex Festival Organizer »

Spoon of Ploff

• visitors are welcome to Sheerness
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2019, 01:30:05 PM »
I used to love Steve Bissette and John Totleben's work on Alan Moore era Swamp Thing. I think Loving the Alien was a masterpiece, and regret not having a physical copy. Here be a couple of pages. The writing style and artistic style complement each other really well.