Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comic book panels or pages you love

Started by Mister Six, May 04, 2019, 11:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on May 10, 2019, 10:26:36 AM
I don't remember a bit like that in Uzumaki. Might be another Ito? I loved Uzumaki so much I've been meaning to read some more of his.

I know nothing about him(?) so it may be. I've just googled some of his stuff and it may well have been from this...

Most of the other stuff I saw by him looked quite childish so I may not bother looking any further.

Jerzy Bondov

What's childish about this

Anyway the mountain with man-shaped holes is from The Enigma of Amigara Fault, which is included with Gyo, which I've now got. Looking forward to it

Mister Six

Didn't much like Gyo, but fuck me does it have some memorable images, and a brilliant and terrifying dreamlike atmosphere.

Consignia

I find in general Junji Itou is a better artist than he is story teller. See any Souichi Tsujii "comedy", or even really think about any of his stories for more than a second. However the artwork is always really striking, it makes even the most pedestrian stories come to life.

Spiteface

My jaw dropped when I got to this shot of an evil Ranger on a throne. Still the most iconic image of Kyle Higgins' run on that book.

Some panels from Pim & Francie by Al Columbia. I'm not that big a fan of the actual book, as it's literally just a scrapbook full of sketches, but Columbia's an amazing artist, and some of the images are downright haunting:

Edit: The last 3 are in sequence (which brighter members may already have realised).

Spoon of Ploff

I used to love Steve Bissette and John Totleben's work on Alan Moore era Swamp Thing. I think Loving the Alien was a masterpiece, and regret not having a physical copy. Here be a couple of pages. The writing style and artistic style complement each other really well.