Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Older musicians who are ageing well

Started by TheMonk, May 04, 2019, 11:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Here's 77-year-old John Cale showing Weller how to carry that look off in one's later years.

Burt Bacharach is 91 and still looks pretty spry.

Marianne Faithfull hasn't been very well of late but she's ageing very gracefully. Another advert there for the restorative benefits of heroin and alcohol.

Phil Collins (left) looks good for 102.

phantom_power

I assume everyone has seen that footage of Jagger prancing around like he is half his 75 years? His face may look like a wrinkle's wrinkle but his body seems to be in great shape

famethrowa

Quote from: phantom_power on May 17, 2019, 11:25:19 AM
I assume everyone has seen that footage of Jagger prancing around like he is half his 75 years? His face may look like a wrinkle's wrinkle but his body seems to be in great shape

Never been a great Stones or Mick fan, but have a look at that Havana concert. It is amazing to see a 72 year old man do what Mick does in front of a massive crowd, it just beggars belief.

NoSleep

Who's aged badly if this lot are ageing well? Most of them look like normally old people to me and Sparks aren't fooling anyone with their Roger Moore hair dye.

imitationleather

Ageing well for famous people means not ending up looking like someone who has had a thousand poorly-realised cosmetic surgery procedures, doesn't it?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: NoSleep on May 17, 2019, 03:49:51 PM
Who's aged badly if this lot are ageing well? Most of them look like normally old people to me and Sparks aren't fooling anyone with their Roger Moore hair dye.

To be fair, the ones from this thread who * are* ageing well would be Stephen Pastel, Susana Hoffs  and especially John Cale ( 77 ! )

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 17, 2019, 05:15:35 PM
To be fair, the ones from this thread who * are* ageing well would be Stephen Pastel, Susana Hoffs  and especially John Cale ( 77 ! )
I'd add Burt Bacharach into that too. To be still able to tour at 91 is fucking impressive.

NoSleep

Marshall Allen is still fronting the Sun Ra Arkestra at 95.

https://youtu.be/vl9B3ZKvlMo

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: famethrowa on May 17, 2019, 03:39:54 PM
Never been a great Stones or Mick fan, but have a look at that Havana concert. It is amazing to see a 72 year old man do what Mick does in front of a massive crowd, it just beggars belief banquet.

poodlefaker

Weller looks like a cross between Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi these days.