Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:16:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Great Realistic Minimalist Horror

Started by MortSahlFan, May 08, 2019, 12:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: purlieu on May 21, 2019, 07:53:59 PM
How about Lake Mungo? I know it has its detractors (cunts), but it's a lovely, slow-paced, brooding atmospheric film with an unpredictable plot and a scene that scared the bejeezus out of me in a way that most films don't.

Consider me a (cunt).

Quote from: greenman on May 21, 2019, 08:38:36 PM
By the same token CaB favourite Under the Skin, mix of the strange and the absolutely mundane.

The folk at CaB have a refined taste, it must be said.  Well, aside from the (non-cunts) liking Lake Mungo.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 08, 2019, 06:42:07 PM
On most days I'd say Rosemary's Baby is the best horror film ever made.

It actually is entirely realistic right up until the ending, which is why the reversal is so comic, and the horror throughout is genuinely horrifying, because it's all banal reality. The horror of elderly nosy neighbours, of cloying relatives, of uninterested partners.

& of frank sinatra lurking just out of shot.

SteveDave

Room For Rent (as recommended here) is pure Lifetime Movie bullcrap. I'm not only angry about the time I wasted watching it, but also about the time everyone wasted making it. A whole 3 days (max) down the toilet.