Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Baywatch

Started by popcorn, May 08, 2019, 03:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Watched an episode of Baywatch. Never actually seen it before. Boring and strange.

Particularly mystified by this sequence. Is it just a wanking sequence? Does every episode have one of these? Did people tune into Baywatch knowing there'd be a musical wanking sequence?

It was before the Internet, so yes.

popcorn

I know it was before the internet and people used to wank to Baywatch. But you have not answered my question, did every episode of Baywatch have a musical wanking sequence. I am not prepared to find out any other way.

BlodwynPig

I never watched it, but that doesn't seem right.

gilbertharding

Never seen it either, although I remember being in the same room as a tv where it was on, in the mid 1990s.

However, Channing and Jonah watched it during an episode of Coffee Friends, and they suggested that the highlight of every episode was a sequence where various female cast members ran along the beach in slow motion for several minutes, accompanied by music while wearing swimming costumes. Channing and Jonah appeared to find this erotic and mesmerizing for some reason.

I also recall people talking about David Hasslehof occasionally singing during episodes - I'm not sure if this was a plot point, or something else.

I know, this doesn't really answer your question either - but then to do so would involve watching every episode of Baywatch, and I'm not in a position to do this sorry.

madhair60

I like the one with WCW in it.

gilbertharding

Bad Ambassador

Never forget when spin-off Baywatch Nights was retooled as an X Files clone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baywatch_Nights_episodes#Season_2_(1996%E2%80%9397)

Some episodes:
"Mitch, Griff and Ryan investigate a series of murders committed by a half-human, half-fish woman intent on having a baby."
"Mitch and Ryan enter a cabin that takes them back in time."
"Ryan suspects that a woman she and Mitch saw commit a murder is a vampire."
"Mitch and Ryan search for the source of a desert wind that's making people go insane."
"Radioactive dust from a space shuttle is accidentally dropped onto a farmer's field."
And my favourite:
"Two 900-year-old Vikings awaken from their frozen slumber and resume their feud in Los Angeles."

gilbertharding

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 08, 2019, 03:55:43 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baywatch_Nights_episodes#Season_2_(1996%E2%80%9397)

I'd forgotten about Baywatch Nights. You actually got to see it going in, didn't you?

BlodwynPig

Quote"Radioactive dust from a space shuttle is accidentally dropped onto a farmer's field."

Baywatch does The Colour Out of Space!

Squink

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 08, 2019, 03:35:55 PM
Never seen it either, although I remember being in the same room as a tv where it was on, in the mid 1990s.

I BET YOU WERE YOU DIRTY OLD etc.

I think if you're in the same room as a TV where something is on it then technically it does count as a viewing, and therefore you have seen Baywatch.

gilbertharding

Of course, you're correct. I should have said that I have seen it, but maintain that I have never watched it.

Mister Six

Quote from: popcorn on May 08, 2019, 03:06:17 PM
Watched an episode of Baywatch. Never actually seen it before. Boring and strange.

Particularly mystified by this sequence. Is it just a wanking sequence? Does every episode have one of these? Did people tune into Baywatch knowing there'd be a musical wanking sequence?

This is the only episode of Baywatch I ever saw. Probably the only one I ever needed to see.

petril

Some episodes:
"Mitch, Griff and Ryan investigate a series of murders committed by a half-human, half-fish woman intent on having a baby."
"Mitch and Ryan search for the source of a desert wind that's making people go insane."
"Radioactive dust from a space shuttle is accidentally dropped onto a farmer's field."
And my favourite:
"Two 900-year-old Vikings awaken from their frozen slumber and resume their feud in Los Angeles."

went from this to this

boki

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 08, 2019, 03:55:43 PM"Mitch, Griff and Ryan investigate a series of murders committed by a half-human, half-fish woman intent on having a baby."
Brilliant.  Species meets Splash.  I reckon they chucked a couple of darts at a list of movies and went from there.

kidsick5000

For the youngsters – the ones in their 20s /early 30s – yes, this was pre-internet and famously was so successful in UK/northern Europe - it saved the show from cancellation.
And that was before Pamela Anderson joined and things exploded.

popcorn

Quote from: popcorn on May 08, 2019, 03:15:46 PM
did every episode of Baywatch have a musical wanking sequence. I am not prepared to find out any other way.

non capisco

Some episodes:
And my favourite:

And yet Mitch never mentioned any of this when he was still performing his day job as a lifeguard, presumably operating on no sleep whatsoever.