Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Danny Baker. #CANCELLED.

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2019, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 15, 2019, 10:18:36 PM
of course it is, did you think something of consequence was going to happen here

I was hoping to rid the world of racism but have had to settle for a Ballad micro-flounce.

daf

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Danger Man on May 15, 2019, 10:28:30 PM
I was hoping to rid the world of racism but have had to settle for a Ballad micro-flounce.

I was having a bad day, I'm aware of how silly that micro-flounce was.

In years to come we'll reflect fondly upon the time, that simpler, gentler time, when we all banded together to create this thread.

Buelligan

I didn't even notice it.  Granted I wasn't here but I read the thread when I got in.  It must have been very micro.

shiftwork2

Quote from: daf on May 15, 2019, 10:29:56 PM
Let me - like a giant shoe with it's light's on - pour some soothing balm on this troubled thread :
I Love Lucy

Published on 24 Nov 2012
All my videos are in high quality and were hard find, and aren't normally found on YouTube. Also most of them were uploaded from .flac file format so please like and/or subscribe.

OH DO YOU WANT A FUCKING MEDAL YOU CORNFLAKE - GO FUCK YOURSELF

Feeling quit chilled out now, cheers daf!

Quote from: daf on May 15, 2019, 10:29:56 PM
Let me - like a giant shoe with it's light's on - pour some soothing balm on this troubled thread :
I Love Lucy
Manhattan Minuet
Leg it down the Patent Office
All's for the best in this best of all possible worlds
The Film Pitch

Thanks, daf. That music is an eternal source of hat-on-the-side-of-me-head good cheer.

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2019, 10:48:40 PM
I didn't even notice it.  Granted I wasn't here but I read the thread when I got in.  It must have been very micro.

It was nothing. A fleeting butterfly excretion.

Buelligan

They're the best kind I find.

Danger Man

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 15, 2019, 10:56:40 PM
It was nothing. A fleeting butterfly excretion.

And the irony is that I came here to bury Danny Baker, but now praise him.

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2019, 10:58:05 PM
They're the best kind I find.

The real tragedy here is that Danny Baker will never get the chance to tweet his obscure archive photograph of a butterfly with explosive diarrhoea.

Buelligan

Danger Man

To end this thread on a happy note, Congratulations to Buelligan for becoming one of the top ten posters in terms of postcount.

Twed

It is my goal to become the fattest poster, by weight.

Twed

Not really Rat-fans, I'm on a sensible diet and getting plenty of exercise.

Danger Man

Quote from: Twed on May 15, 2019, 11:25:24 PM

Gonna need to hit at least 130kg to even have a chance....

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twed on May 15, 2019, 11:25:24 PM

Amateur, go for density.

Twed

Forget it, I've already moved on to addressing everybody as "Rat-fans". That's my new thing. It's brilliant.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2019, 02:52:36 PM
Listening to the Richard Herring thing I thought that combined with him comfortably admitting a lot of his stuff was shit and that because he was shit with saving he had to keep 'knocking it out' was quite endearing. No pretentiousness.

but that's his schtick. I'm returning to my original hypothesis that this was a deliberate act of provocation in order to get out of doing that show & re-invent himself. that he knows what he's doing. that he's not a racist per se, but that he was deliberately playing dumb.

also- I just remembered this- I worked on both 'own goals & gaffes' & 'hard men of football' back in 1992, with the producer jim r.
he'd hired DB to do the voiceovers for both & we sent him rough-cuts of the shows so that he could write his remarks. he turned up, that fateful tuesday, not only sans script, but having failed to watch the rough-cuts, & determined to 'wing it'. twelve hours later we sent him home, & instructed him to come back in a few days when we'd all recovered & he'd had time to actually write something. he got £10k for that gig.
for the next show, jim hired alan parry instead, & we were finished by lunchtime, even with me driving the edit suite.

I'm just saying he plays the innocent, but he isn't naive.

sponk

One thing that's always irked me is how he tries to portray his dear old dad as a salt of the earth loveable rogue type, even when he's telling a story about him choking Harry Enfield for swearing at him or something. He seems to have a violent streak in him too, or at least he isn't hesitant about threatening people with violence.

bgmnts

A chimp is not meant to be dressed as a public school boy, smoking fags and riding q penny farthing. I thought that was pretty basic.

It needs to be in a jungle wiyh its own kind throwing shit around, eating nuts and wanking.

To make it do anything else is denying its natural behaviours and is cruel. I think so, anyway.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 16, 2019, 10:26:44 AMthe edit suite.

I'm not surprised by this tale, he often made reference to thinking up questions for his interviewee on the tube on the way in. It's just his way.

And surely if he wants to leave the show he just leaves the show.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2019, 10:34:39 AM
A chimp is not meant to be dressed as a public school boy, smoking fags and riding q penny farthing. I thought that was pretty basic.

It needs to be in a jungle wiyh its own kind throwing shit around, eating nuts and wanking.

To make it do anything else is denying its natural behaviours and is cruel. I think so, anyway.

Well now he's been sacked, Mr Baker can get back to doing all these things

bgmnts

Good, Danny Baker needs to be with his own kind, throwing shit around and wanking furiously to football gaffes.

I am sure there is q conservation charity or NGO that will take him in.

phantom_power

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 16, 2019, 10:26:44 AM
but that's his schtick. I'm returning to my original hypothesis that this was a deliberate act of provocation in order to get out of doing that show & re-invent himself. that he knows what he's doing. that he's not a racist per se, but that he was deliberately playing dumb.

You think he posted a racist picture to get out of doing a show? That is possibly even less likely than him actually being a racist who thought other people would find it funny in a racist way

Sin Agog

*Occam slits his own throat with his razor*

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: phantom_power on May 16, 2019, 11:26:16 AM
You think he posted a racist picture to get out of doing a show? That is possibly even less likely than him actually being a racist who thought other people would find it funny in a racist way

I disagree, obviously.

phantom_power

Obviously but is it really likely that, deciding he wants to get sacked, he chooses possibly the most dangerous and career-fucking way possible? Do you think he just under-estimated the shit storm? What leads you to believe this over any other explanation?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2019, 10:34:39 AM

Obviously keeping chimps as pets is wrong, but I've heard that the nappies people who own them put on them to stop them shitting everywhere are just as important to stop them wanking everywhere.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 16, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

also- I just remembered this- I worked on both 'own goals & gaffes' & 'hard men of football' back in 1992, with the producer jim r.
he'd hired DB to do the voiceovers for both & we sent him rough-cuts of the shows so that he could write his remarks. he turned up, that fateful tuesday, not only sans script, but having failed to watch the rough-cuts, & determined to 'wing it'. twelve hours later we sent him home, & instructed him to come back in a few days when we'd all recovered & he'd had time to actually write something. he got £10k for that gig.
for the next show, jim hired alan parry instead, & we were finished by lunchtime, even with me driving the edit suite.

I don't doubt some of it's schtick. Some of it is laziness as well I reckon, hence why he seems to tell the same anecdotes in interviews but makes them sound spontaneous.