Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

IT: Chapter 2

Started by Goldentony, May 09, 2019, 05:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

Let's get a new thread going then

Yer man's back -

https://twitter.com/ITMovieOfficial/status/1126517185290043392

https://youtu.be/zqUopiAYdRg

I'll have all of this cheers, give me the lot of it, every fuckarsing bit. I'm biased because I like the source and the first film a lot like, but this does look excellent.

St_Eddie

I thought that Chapter 1 was a load of bollocks.  Full of jumpscares and Pennywise rushing towards the camera, accompanied by an obnoxiously loud musical sting.  It embodied everything that I hate about modern horror.  The trailer had the same exact thing happening again, with Pennywise rushing towards the character.  I also thought that a few moments in that trailer scene were unintentionally funny, much like this ludicrous shot from Chapter 1.

I won't be returning to the cinema to watch Chapter 2.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Goldentony on May 09, 2019, 05:35:24 PM
log off bitch

I'm not allowed to express an opinion which doesn't align with your own?

thought the first one was pretty good, got the small town period setting down very well, lots of atmosphere just in the locale. not sure it'll be as interesting in a modern day setting

Goldentony

my man Pennywise is going to dab on the haters and stream it on Twitch right before he eats out their tits through their arseholes then get immediately demonetized aka ORIGIN STORY BABY

bgmnts

Is Tim Curry playing the clown this time?

If so, i'm in.

madhair60

Yeah looks like a Larf. I enjoyed the first one well enough.

Noodle Lizard

Why have they basically just shown an entire scene in that trailer?  So much for subtlety and suspense.  It also seemed significantly shitter than the one in the TV version, which was genuinely a bit spooky.  This one looked more like something off Tim & Eric than an actual serious horror film.  The old lady dancing around naked in the background was laughable.

colacentral

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on May 09, 2019, 08:01:21 PM
Why have they basically just shown an entire scene in that trailer?  So much for subtlety and suspense.  It also seemed significantly shitter than the one in the TV version, which was genuinely a bit spooky.  This one looked more like something off Tim & Eric than an actual serious horror film.  The old lady dancing around naked in the background was laughable.

That's the best scene in the miniseries, really good. I watched it recently and it's much better than I remembered, much better than it's given credit for. I love the opening with the kid on the tricycle and the sheets hanging on the clothesline too.

Not a fan of the film, shite.

St_Eddie

I found the first half of the TV miniseries (with the kids) to be far superior to It: Chapter 1 in general.  People tend to forget that it was only the second half of the miniseries (with the adults) which shit the bed and as a result, they unfairly write of the entirety of the miniseries as being terrible.

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on May 09, 2019, 08:01:21 PM
The old lady dancing around naked in the background was laughable.

Yes.  Yes, it was.  As was the bit where she stares ahead for an extended period of time, not saying anything.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 09, 2019, 05:34:13 PM
I won't be returning to the cinema to watch Chapter 2.

Could someone check on Bill Skarsgard and see if he's ok?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 09, 2019, 08:34:25 PM
Could someone check on Bill Skarsgard and see if he's ok?

I'm simply expressing my opinion.  I never claimed that it held any weight or clout.

Gregory Torso

I'm only teasing Ed.

I enjoyed the remake part 1. "It" is never going to live up to the source material anyway - that book blew my twelve-year-old mind when I read it (aged 28).
The 90s Tim Curry It is one of the shittiest Stephen King adaps (although T Cuzza is great natchs) so there ain't no great hurdles to leap here.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 09, 2019, 08:30:24 PMPeople tend to forget that it was only the second half of the miniseries (with the adults) which shit the bed and as a result, they unfairly write of the entirety of the miniseries as being terrible.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who thinks this. Most people seem to rate it, surely?

St_Eddie

I've just realised what the scene in the trailer reminded me of; M. Night Shyamalan's The Visit.  That's not a good thing.

Quote from: madhair60 on May 09, 2019, 08:51:03 PM
I don't think I've ever met anyone who thinks this. Most people seem to rate it, surely?

A lot of people say that it's terrible.  See Gregory Torso's post directly above your own for but one example.

madhair60

Gregory Torso

It's really bad, soz.

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 09, 2019, 05:39:29 PM
I'm not allowed to express an opinion which doesn't align with your own?

learnin quick bitch

I really rate the book, still rate the TV and I enjoyed a lot of Ch.1 and I'll look forward to this. The modern horror camera stuff was a bit jarring but it scared me for the most part. The ending was peff though.

St_Eddie

One thing which I did love about It: Chapter 1 was the opening scene with Georgie.  When I saw that at the cinema, I thought to myself 'oohhh, I'm in for a treat here' but sadly nothing that followed impressed me (with the possible exception of Henry Bowers).  Quite the opposite in fact but yeah, great opening.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 09, 2019, 05:34:13 PM
I also thought that a few moments in that trailer scene were unintentionally funny, much like this ludicrous shot from Chapter 1.

Best bit of the film, looked mad. Beginning was good too, probably the scariest bit because I really didn't want to see Pennywise pull the boy's arm off.
Not really that fussed about IT though, definitely not fussed enough to bother remembering which kid is which adult so I probably won't go to the cinema for it again either. Isn't there meant to be a giant turtleor something? I might go to the cinema if it's got that in it

St_Eddie

Quote from: TwinPeaks on May 09, 2019, 09:50:14 PM
Isn't there meant to be a giant turtleor something? I might go to the cinema if it's got that in it

That was a big part of the novel, yeah.  It was alluded to in Chapter 1 but it remains to be seen if they'll properly incorporate it into Chapter 2.  Kind of difficult to put on screen without it coming across as ridiculous really.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 09, 2019, 09:52:54 PM
Kind of difficult to put on screen without it coming across as ridiculous really.

That doesn't seem to bother them too much. There's enough ridiculous in that trailer there to feed a hundred giant cosmic turtles for a month or more.

I was looking forward to this, even though Chapter One was disappointing (if not without its wins here and there), but that glimpse of it we've been given really isn't very promising at all, is it? Beth was absolutely the best thing about the first one. Remains to be seen how Grown Up Beth fares. What kind of shapes they've bid her throw. Hard to judge from that.

For what it's worth, I do like that the trailer is just "one of the scary bits for a while" and very little else. For what it's worth. If the scary bit they chose had been scary rather than ludicrous it would have been a trailer for the ages. If they'd actually done what they thought they were doing.   

But. I'll still go see it. I'll probably do my best to avoid the avalanche of previews we're all but guaranteed between now and then.

Sin Agog

I liked It 1 as a sort of hang-out film.  Not scary in the least, but then I never thought a horror movie being horrifying or a comedy comedic was a prerequisite to them being good.

warner brothers social media team earning their pay here

Bazooka

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 09, 2019, 08:30:24 PM
I found the first half of the TV miniseries (with the kids) to be far superior to It: Chapter 1 in general.  People tend to forget that it was only the second half of the miniseries (with the adults) which shit the bed and as a result, they unfairly write of the entirety of the miniseries as being terrible.

Yes.  Yes, it was.  As was the bit where she stares ahead for an extended period of time, not saying anything.

I fully concur squire, IT pt 1da movie was just modern horror painting by numbers, and just fucked around with the sauce (yes I mean sauce) material too much, the kid actors seemed nice enough people, but yeah thought it was shit otherwise, I'm a big King head.

Anyway if part two gets released in China I'll watch it, mainly because a ticket costs a quid.

Goldentony

I know they're funny about ghosts but where does the Chinese government stand on space clowns that eat people's shitters

St_Eddie

Quote from: Goldentony on May 09, 2019, 11:50:35 PM
I know they're funny about ghosts but where does the Chinese government stand on space clowns that eat people's shitters

The Chinese Government is all about space clowns eating people's shitters.  Bloody can't get enough of them.

Bazooka

Quote from: Goldentony on May 09, 2019, 11:50:35 PM

They tried to ban hip hop https://www.google.com/amp/time.com/5112061/china-hip-hop-ban-tattoos-television/%3famp= true not sure of the penalty for scratching or breakdancing. China is way ahead of the game, many Western ,by that I mean USA (Superhero only films get an early release). People make subtitles fast(Mandarin), the whole torrent scene in China is ridiculously efficient.

Just checked and it doesn't look like IT1 got a release here, many Chinese people love the Conjuring, I've noticed it as a trend, I'm too nice to tell them its crap.

alan nagsworth

Bruh was that Bill Hader haha