Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:37:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley - Episode Five

Started by TJ, March 11, 2005, 08:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Do You Think Of Episode Five Then?

Great
32 (19.8%)
Good
39 (24.1%)
OK
39 (24.1%)
Poor
19 (11.7%)
"Belouis" "Some"
4 (2.5%)
Terrible
24 (14.8%)
LOL NO satires taht had 2 be made!!111
1 (0.6%)
Where were the scouts?
4 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: March 11, 2005, 08:47:06 AM

TJ

Hello? Is anyone still reading this stuff?

Trailer looks vaguely OK, whether or not they will be able to sustain the gag over half an hour is a different matter. Or indeed whether there's any point to stretching the gag over half an hour in the first place.

"That sight, those sounds were made by a pop group called The Pink Floyd, who took over the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Friday night for the entertainment they called 'Games For May'. Of them, more hereafter".

jutl

I'm kind of dreading the 'paedophilia' thread of this episode - I thought BES dealt with the issue clumsily. Still - perhaps it'll be great.

Jon_Norton

There's no voting option for "Class. Sheer class."

j00t

I don't get "Belouis" "Some".  What's the joke?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "j00t"I don't get "Belouis" "Some".  What's the joke?

Just relax and read it with an open mind - trust me, it's hilarious.

Jon_Norton

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"
Quote from: "j00t"I don't get "Belouis" "Some".  What's the joke?

Just relax and read it with an open mind - trust me, it's hilarious.

It's actually making fun of people who don't get it.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

It's so obvious when you relax your third etc. etc.

alan strang

Quote from: "Jon_Norton"It's actually making fun of people who don't get it.

And the reason they don't get it is because they are Black Type.

Jon_Norton

Quote from: "alan strang"

And the reason they don't get it is because they are Black Type.

On the other hand, if you do get it, then you're In The Clear.

The Mumbler

Former Smash Hits assistant editor/features editor Derrin Schlesinger - now *he'd* understand.  Oh, sorry, Charlie - "she'd".

Whatever happened to Derrin Schlesinger?

hansen mork

The trailer for Ep6 is the first one to make me laugh so hopefully the last 2 will be the best.

j00t

I just asked a senior and they explained who Belouis Some were (or maybe are).  I once watched about a third of Pretty in Pink.

j00t

FYI the ******* bit is probably influenced by a little known show called  "Re:Brand" which was shown on UK:Play.

cilamc

Quote from: "j00t"
I just asked a senior and they explained who Belouis Some were (or maybe are).  I once watched about a third of Pretty in Pink.

Who Belouis Some is! (Was? He's not dead is he?) "Portly" bleach blond mid 80s pop star. "Imagination" is a really good single though. The Dumper is, of course, bottomless. But if it had a bottom Belouis Some would be on it. See also Sal Solo.

j00t

Quote from: "jutl"I'm kind of dreading the 'paedophilia' thread of this episode - I thought BES dealt with the issue clumsily. Still - perhaps it'll be great.
I agree.  I have a bad feeling about the way this will be handled. If Morris handled it in a debateable way, Morris + Brooker will probably handle it with all the subtly of TvGoHome and Jam.

Lionel Richtea

Quote from: "j00t"

You watched a THIRD?!
by the time the theme music was finished, you couldn't see my arse for dust...
ditto The Breakfast Club. makes me wanna chuck..it's feckin evil is what it is...

j00t

Quote from: "Lionel Richtea"ditto The Breakfast Club. makes me wanna chuck..it's feckin evil is what it is...
It wasn't so bad.  Until then I thought Molly Ringwald was a 'ladies problem'.

Neil

For fucks sake.  So Dan isn't prepared to write an article about someone being a genius, yet he is prepared to wank off a bloke?  And what's more, he asks for less money than he did for the 15peter20 article?  This programme is insultingly stupid.

Jon_Norton

Fucking hell. This show has suddenly become.... ok. It's raised a few chuckles at last.

But why did Nathan take 5 episodes to suddenly become clever and nasty enough to pick up Claire on her inconsistency?

Neil

Regards the gloves:  So it is an Animal House for the noughties after all!

Slackboy

Quote from: "Neil"For fucks sake.  So Dan isn't prepared to write an article about someone being a genius, yet he is prepared to wank off a bloke?  And what's more, he asks for less money than he did for the 15peter20 article?  This programme is insultingly stupid.

For £1500 I'd even wank you off Neil.

Jon_Norton

Quote from: "Neil"For fucks sake.  So Dan isn't prepared to write an article about someone being a genius, yet he is prepared to wank off a bloke?  And what's more, he asks for less money than he did for the 15peter20 article?  This programme is insultingly stupid.

I think the point is that he's been on a downward slide and has now got lower standards. At any rate, it's not completely incomprehensible.

morgs

"Whack my banobo" - first thing that sprang to mind.

Ooooooh look, he just happens to have answered the phone with his name, dropped some flyers for his magazine AND his key all at once!!!

More tea, Vicar?

Shadt

I think It is getting better every week though. I laughed quite a few times during the 1st half.

Jon_Norton

Quote from: "morgs""Whack my banobo" - first thing that sprang to mind.

Ooooooh look, he just happens to have answered the phone with his name, dropped some flyers for his magazine AND his key all at once!!!

More tea, Vicar?

Yep. But at least it's not as dead as last week.

Jon_Norton

Nathan has suddenly acquired a personality that deserves to be called a Cunt. That is a big improvement over the preceding 4 episodes, as far as making sense goes.

This whole thing with SugarApe getting in trouble seems to be a BES controversy reference. Mmm.

Why didn't they just chuck the other 4 away, and cut straight to this one?

no_offenc

What's happening?  I've missed all of this one.

Neil

Quote from: "Jon_Norton"I think the point is that he's been on a downward slide and has now got lower standards. At any rate, it's not completely incomprehensible.

This is all just guesswork though, there's been nothing to illustrate this downward slide, has there?  It just makes absolutely no sense at all that he'd ask for £2000 to write an article about 15Peter20, and would then ask for only £1500 to indulge in gay sex.  If I remember correctly he only needed 2 grand to buy Nathan a new laptop.

Quote[This whole thing with SugarApe getting in trouble seems to be a BES controversy reference. Mmm.

I'll agree there.

Jon_Norton

Oh dear. lapsing back in to silly facial grimacing. And why is Claire even talking to him anymore?