Author Topic: Freddie Starr Ate My Hearse  (Read 939 times)

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
Freddie Starr Ate My Hearse
« on: May 09, 2019, 10:13:43 PM »
https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/breaking-freddie-starr-dead-comedian-15023009
Freddie Starr has died at the age of 76.

The comedian and lead singer of Merseybeat pop group the Midniters has been found dead at his Spanish home.

Well, chalk me up for one that thought he'd died years ago.

Was watching The Squeeze (1977) the other night too.

Re: Freddie Starr Ate My Hearse
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 10:19:55 PM »
Nah he got wrapped up in the Yewtree stuff didnt he; he got off the hook.but it broke him and he ended up looking really really terrible...dont think he ever recovered.

There was quite an amusing unfolding of events though where he swore adamantly that he couldnt possibly have ever engaged in any child abuse because he'd never even appeared on Jimmy Saviles tv show; and then someone found footage of him not only on the show but sat right next to his accuser.

And that's what I'll remember him by

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:22:10 PM »
Freddie's heart disastarr

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 12:30:03 AM »
I like to remember him this way. https://youtu.be/XxvJURUCz3o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 03:20:11 AM by TheMonk »

petrilTanaka

• Are we counting shites?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 09:29:38 PM »
Nah he got wrapped up in the Yewtree stuff didnt he; he got off the hook.but it broke him and he ended up looking really really terrible...dont think he ever recovered.

There was quite an amusing unfolding of events though where he swore adamantly that he couldnt possibly have ever engaged in any child abuse because he'd never even appeared on Jimmy Saviles tv show; and then someone found footage of him not only on the show but sat right next to his accuser.

And that's what I'll remember him by

raping children was merely "not his style" and the actions of someone he couldn't stand. simultaneously

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 09:50:11 PM »
Frank Skinner discussed Freddie Starr in a preview for hs new show and how Freddie described paedophillia as one of his 'pet hates.'

metaltax

• Golden Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 02:39:40 AM »
I like to remember him this way. https://youtu.be/XxvJURUCz3o

I watched the full-length clip of this earlier. Fucking hell, he was a proto-Legend Gary wasn't he? I think I'm actually glad that he's dead, and I'm not in the least bit sorry for feeling that way.

Phoenix Lazarus

• Why bother writing stuff below your avatar?
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 07:03:11 AM »
I bet he was quite relieved to snuff it.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 09:37:42 AM »
Future Savile-esque revelations would not be a surprise.

alan nagsworth

• humming hell of ditties
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »
Frank Skinner discussed Freddie Starr in a preview for hs new show and how Freddie described paedophillia as one of his 'pet hates.'

Fair enough, I'm with him on this one. If there's one thing I find really irksome it's paedophilia.