Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Freddy Starr Cancelled.

Started by Big Mclargehuge, May 09, 2019, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mclargehuge

Popped his clogs in Spain aged 76. Still looking for that weird documentary he made for channel 4 a few years ago...cant say I was a fan...burnt a load of his tapes ritualistically a few years ago...

BlodwynPig

Nearly as bad as Harry Potter star

QuoteComedian and I'm A Celebrity star ...

BlodwynPig

bigfatheart

He's flinging fistfuls of maggots at someone from Coronation Street with the angels now

Urinal Cake

Like an unsympathetic Johnny Vegas.

petril

TheMonk

Well I still have fond memories of my mum and dad roaring at this:
https://youtu.be/S6JnhQxef9A

Absorb the anus burn

BlodwynPig

Jockice

I liked the one where he dressed up as Shirley Bassey and fell down the stairs.

Virgo76

Today's Sun headline is "Freddie Starr Joins His Hamster". Leaving aside the issue of whether he actually ever ate any hamsters (which he apparently definitely didn't), surely nobody ever suggested it was his own hamster? That would have been barbaric.

alan nagsworth

Joins hamster where? In heaven, or simply in death? I'm pretty sure hamster heaven and shit comedian heaven are two separate places, and even if they're not the hamster probably has some sort of afterlife restraining order in place to ensure any such "joining" would be forever impossible.

I'll always remember my auntie guffawing at the sketch where he plays a car park attendant with a limp. Of course, you couldn't make a joke like that any more because of the bloody PC brigadeuniversal automation of municipal car parks.

Replies From View

I liked the one where he wasn't very good.

Replies From View

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 10, 2019, 07:59:39 AM
Joins hamster where? In heaven, or simply in death?

Specifically down the toilet.

His act as a filmed singer slowing down and speeding up was crap.  Now, if he'd been trying to mime to a track changing speed...

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 10, 2019, 10:33:57 AM
He was good when he threw LIVE MAGGOTS over people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5AoUFF6T1KQ

Faith Brown looking incredibly amused, there.

Funcrusher

He's in a better place now, shitting into a guitar in hell.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 10, 2019, 10:33:57 AM
He was good when he threw LIVE MAGGOTS over people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5AoUFF6T1KQ

He didn't though, it was a switcheroo. Starr actually threw rice over the audience that he grabbed from a partitioned section in the box.

beanheadmcginty

Alberon

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 10, 2019, 07:59:39 AM
Joins hamster where? In heaven, or simply in death? I'm pretty sure hamster heaven and shit comedian heaven are two separate places, and even if they're not the hamster probably has some sort of afterlife restraining order in place to ensure any such "joining" would be forever impossible.

I hope so. It'd be pretty weird to get to heaven and have to spend it with the masses of cows, pigs, chickens and whatever I've eaten over a lifetime. It'd be too noisy and as to the smell...

... well, they'd just have to put up with that.

Virgo76

In my head, he and Bobby Davro are the same.

Blumf

Quote from: Alberon on May 10, 2019, 02:13:41 PM
I hope so. It'd be pretty weird to get to heaven and have to spend it with the masses of cows, pigs, chickens and whatever I've eaten over a lifetime. It'd be too noisy and as to the smell...

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/amends/

SavageHedgehog

I liked him when I was 9, around the time of the Audience With special and his pre-watershed ITV sketch show. Would have loved to have seen one of his live videos with the big old enticing "18" sticker then. Of course when I picked one up from a charity shop about 10 years later it was unwatchable, or unfinishable at least. R.I.P.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on May 10, 2019, 04:38:07 PM
Of course when I picked one up from a charity shop about 10 years later it was unwatchable

VHS videos don't work in DVD players.