Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:42:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Storeys High "Event"

Started by amnesiac, May 10, 2019, 01:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amnesiac

Nowhere Man

Is Benedict Wong seen as a big star nowadays then? If that Tweet is anything to go by

Nowhere Man

Aww it's in bloody Manchester

Bronzy

Quote from: Nowhere Man on May 10, 2019, 02:51:16 AM
Is Benedict Wong seen as a big star nowadays then? If that Tweet is anything to go by

Hollywood (mainly Ridley Scott) loves casting him as the token East Asian guy. Probably because a Chinese man with a Manc accent is such an alien concept to Americans that it hypnotises them into giving him roles.

Bronzy

Also his name is Benedict like the eggs and the pope which is mad as fuck

alan nagsworth

I wonder if Lamaar will be there in a silver robot costume to give a cheeky elbow in the face to anyone asking duff questions.

jsgibble

QuoteDespite the shows critical acclaim and now cult status, it was originally aired in an extremely late Sunday night slot on BBC 2 and thus was doomed to fail.

The two series were originally shown on BBC Choice and BBC Three respectively

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bronzy on May 10, 2019, 04:58:29 AM
Hollywood (mainly Ridley Scott) loves casting him as the token East Asian guy. Probably because a Chinese man with a Manc accent is such an alien concept to Americans that it hypnotises them into giving him roles.

The role is usually 'silent Asian hardman' though.

amnesiac

mate he is Captain Strange's Tibetan monk sidekick or something! he's got Marvel money.

SteveDave

I saw Sean Lock on a train the other week. Had he not been with his son (or young lover- no judgement) I would've gone on at length about how much I love 15 Storeys High.

petril

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 10, 2019, 07:53:02 AM
I wonder if Lamaar will be there in a silver robot costume to give a cheeky elbow in the face to anyone asking duff questions.

it'll be Brentford Dave owing to things being a bit custodial

Twed

Quote from: amnesiac on May 10, 2019, 01:42:51 AM
It's not going to be like the Inbetweeners thing is it?
Don't tear up your tickets, pass it on.