Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

In Bed With Too Many Dinners

Started by Satchmo Distel, May 11, 2019, 01:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bob Mills has let himself go:

https://jilliebushell.com/act/bob-mills/

I was wondering if any other TV show titles became prophetic in a similar way?

Twed

Win, Lose or Draw seems to be really bad for people's health.

Bennett Brauer

He just looks the same to me.

Never understood the appeal of In Bed with Medinner. Witless laughing at the obvious.

👍 Like

Bazooka

Quote from: Twed on May 11, 2019, 01:46:32 AM
Win, Lose or Draw seems to be really bad for people's health.

A broken freelance illustrator chews on a rubber.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fat Bob
Bob the Blob
Fat Blobby Bastard Bob

a duncandisorderly

"dial midnight", fucking hell. I lost a few friday nights to that show, when it first aired from the trocadero. I preferred going up to wembley (our other studio) to work on 'the word'.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Bob Mills has never been funny. And the next person who tells me I look like him is getting a punch up the bracket, so they are

Shit Good Nose

I've always liked Bob Mills, not least because he was one of the few people who, VERY early on, called out Tarantino for the blatant plagiarism of Reservoir Dogs whilst most others were fawning over QT's "genius".

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on May 11, 2019, 01:42:56 AM
https://jilliebushell.com/act/bob-mills/

If that's a recent photo of him, that's better than he looked when I saw him in Bristol a couple of years ago, where he basically looked like a tramp - dirty clothes, greasy hair, hadn't shaved for weeks.  He was also shit-faced.

I still like Bob Mills, though.  We're all allowed to let ourselves go really.  Just look at Color Me Badd.

biggytitbo

Has Bob Mills ever appeared sober on anything? He was always shit faced ion even Games World.

In Bed With Medinner was great though, and of course a precursor of social media funny videos.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 11, 2019, 08:49:31 PM
I've always liked Bob Mills, not least because he was one of the few people who, VERY early on, called out Tarantino for the blatant plagiarism of Reservoir Dogs whilst most others were fawning over QT's "genius".

If that's a recent photo of him, that's better than he looked when I saw him in Bristol a couple of years ago, where he basically looked like a tramp - dirty clothes, greasy hair, hadn't shaved for weeks.  He was also shit-faced.

I still like Bob Mills, though.  We're all allowed to let ourselves go really.  Just look at Color Me Badd.

Blimey

jobotic

He's a twat on that Fighting Talk thing. To be fair though so is everyone. It annoyed me when Danny Baker finished and that cack came on. Oh no wait.

Radio 5 should be silence unless there's football on.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: jobotic on May 11, 2019, 09:33:36 PM
Radio 5 should be silence unless there's football on.

But isn't football racist?  Or is that just the fans?

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 11, 2019, 09:34:36 PM
But isn't football racist?  Or is that just the fans?

More likely to be racist than Muggy Bonehead.

Rizla

He wrote that Pierrepoint film didn't he. Great opening scene in that, with the bloke teaching them how to hang folk. Strays from the trufax when Eddie Marsan shows up but still worth seeing.

remedial_gash

Quote from: Darles Chickens on May 13, 2019, 05:02:45 PM
More likely to be racist than Muggy Bonehead.
Yay first mention you win was searching for the vid.x

the

Saw Bob Mills doing a standup set a couple of years ago, fucking brilliant. Top of his game.

Gaining weight with age is clearly something the thread starter is magically fucking exempt from. Well done you, pat pat.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: the on May 14, 2019, 12:55:24 AM
Saw Bob Mills doing a standup set a couple of years ago, fucking brilliant. Top of his game.

Gaining weight with age is clearly something the thread starter is magically fucking exempt from. Well done you, pat pat.

...and surprisingly funny.

gilbertharding

Quite liked him on the News Quiz, where he was a pretty good foil for Jeremy Hardy.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 14, 2019, 03:00:25 PM
Quite liked him on the News Quiz, where he was a pretty good foil for Jeremy Hardy.

You also couldn't see how hideously fat he was. I bet he kept sneaking off to the toilets to eat biscuits.

BlodwynPig

Jockice

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 11, 2019, 03:04:12 PM
Bob Mills has never been funny. And the next person who tells me I look like him is getting a punch up the bracket, so they are

Now you come to mention it...

NoSleep

Quote from: the on May 14, 2019, 12:55:24 AM

It isn't magic. Just don't go to Greggs (amongst other things).

the

gilbertharding

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 11, 2019, 09:10:27 PM
Blimey

What happened to the fourth one? Did the other three eat him?

phantom_power

His neck snapped having to carry the weight of his head round all the time

Janie Jones

I hear you're fat-shaming now, CaB

gilbertharding

thenoise

How come men don't get this level of scrutiny about their looks?

the

On the subject of Color Me Badd - I enjoyed Jo Brand's description of them at the time, that they look like "a group of medieval sex offenders".