Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Shapiro DESTROYED by himself

Started by Nowhere Man, May 11, 2019, 06:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 11, 2019, 02:01:56 PM
I don't think that's necessarily true. There are lots of people in the age of social media looking for someone to sound authoritative and reinforce views they already have. It's arguably more a cult of personality, and I expect the comments under this video will be full of his fans performing any somersaults they need to to claim Shapiro is somehow wronged by left wing bias, paedo BBC etc etc

I think the best course of action is to just do nothing, ever, and live in a drawer.

biggytitbo

I genuinely have no idea who Ben Shapiro is and this is my first exposure to him, but to his credit i am slightly impressed with his reaction, he seems to have taken the besting with humility and admitted he was wrong. He's obviously a mad right wing christian type, but he doesn't seem to be an ego driven type at all.

Sin Agog

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 11, 2019, 11:13:38 PM
I genuinely have no idea who Ben Shapiro is and this is my first exposure to him, but to his credit, he seems to have taken the besting with humility and admitted he was wrong. He's obviously a mad right wing christian type, but he doesn't seem to be an ego driven type at all.

You genuinely have no idea who Ben Shapiro is.

TrenterPercenter

biggytitbo

I had no idea who he was before this.

Captain Z

I expected him to be able to handle an interview better given his work on the O. J. Simpson trial.

Sin Agog

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 11, 2019, 11:16:17 PM
100% Horse shit.

I wasn't questioning whether biggie had heard of him.  Was commenting on his final sentence about Shapiro being ego-less, which is a mad thing to say if you know anything about him.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Captain Z on May 11, 2019, 11:28:47 PM
I expected him to be able to handle an interview better given his work on the O. J. Simpson trial.

I expected a bit more cheer from him, after hearing "Walking back to Happiness". What a croc.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 11, 2019, 11:31:49 PM
I wasn't questioning whether biggie had heard of him.  Was commenting on his final sentence about Shapiro being ego-less, which is a mad thing to say if you know anything about him.

He might be bullshitting but he did say:

QuoteBen Shapiro
@afneil
DESTROYS Ben Shapiro! So that's what that feels like ;)
Broke my own rule, and wasn't properly prepared. I've addressed every single issue he raised before; see below. Still, it's Neil 1, Shapiro 0.

I suppose you could say he's still being a bit of an ego there, but he's also not being massively dickish about it.

I neither know nor care who he is.

Urinal Cake

Ben Shapiro's reaction is just transparent toadyism to the audience and more importantly the media establishment that he can 'play the game'. His supporters will take it as a failure of him to prepare. Those 'let's hear the side of a crypto-facist/white supremacist' left-wingers will take it as a sign of good faith, 

madhair60

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 11, 2019, 11:41:50 PM
You've mentioned him before!

I think only to say he has no idea who he is?

marquis_de_sad

I genuinely have no idea who Ben Shapiro is and this is my first exposure to him, but to his credit i am slightly impressed with his reaction, he seems to have taken the besting with humility and admitted he was wrong. He's obviously a mad right wing christian type, but he doesn't seem to be an ego driven type at all.

They explicitly mentioned that he's Jewish in the interview. And he's wearing a yarmulke. And his name's Shapiro.

Hey, Punk!

He's one of those people whose face perfectly matches his personality.

St_Eddie

Bloody Nora.  As if looking like Charles Manson wasn't enough, I now realise that I also look like Ben Shapiro.  Why can't I look like a decent person for a change?  Probably because I'm a cunt, I suppose.

Oh and by the way, Shapiro's voice sounds like somebody hit the x1.5 speed setting on the video.

Johnny Yesno

Sin Agog

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 06:59:02 AM
Bloody Nora.  As if looking like Charles Manson wasn't enough, I now realise that I also look like Ben Shapiro.  Why can't I look like a decent person for a change?  Probably because I'm a cunt, I suppose.

Oh and by the way, Shapiro's voice sounds like somebody hit the x1.5 speed setting on the video.

Same with Jordan Peterson.  They're not tiny people, so it's not Napoleon Syndrome, but Mickey Mouse Syndrome, maybe?  Espousing pull yaself up by your bootstrap masculinity to make up for their own girly voiceboxes.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 12, 2019, 08:11:22 AM
Same with Jordan Peterson.  They're not tiny people, so it's not Napoleon Syndrome, but Mickey Mouse Syndrome, maybe?

Don't get me started on Mickey Mouse.

Fuck you, Disney.

Ronalado

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 12, 2019, 06:14:45 AM
They explicitly mentioned that he's Jewish in the interview. And he's wearing a yarmulke. And his name's Shapiro.

RONALADO interested to know: why CaB user bitty-tito make these mistake?

ajsmith2

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 12, 2019, 08:11:22 AM
  They're not tiny people, so it's not Napoleon Syndrome

Actually isn't Shapiro known for being physically diminuative? I remember Milo Y used to regularly bag him about it back when he was in his pomp.

biggytitbo

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 12, 2019, 09:45:45 AM

Quote me baby.

I hadn't really heard of him either, except for seeing him in the myriad far right videos Youtube seems to think I give a flying fuck about. However,

he doesn't seem to be an ego driven type at all.

is hilarious. I mean, just look at his fucking face. That fixed frown just screams self-importance.

hedgehog90

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 06:59:02 AM
Bloody Nora.  As if looking like Charles Manson wasn't enough, I now realise that I also look like Ben Shapiro.  Why can't I look like a decent person for a change?  Probably because I'm a cunt, I suppose..

Nah, I don't see a resemblance. You have a charming Matt Smith face, he's a whiny crybaby cunt with a face to match.
This Venn diagram as far as I'm concerned doesn't have much overlap.

thenoise

YouTube have been trying to get me to click on 'why Ben Shapiro is so dominant in debates' for what seems like years now. Not idea why as I have no interest in debates, dominating them, or Ben Shapiro. But I'm sure this video was much more entertaining.

He should stick to his debating tactic of only debating 18 year old arts students.

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 12, 2019, 11:08:41 AM
Nah, I don't see a resemblance. You have a charming Matt Smith face...

Matt Smith?!  My friend, them's fighting words.

Jumblegraws

How the hell does someone with your level of consumption of new media journalism not know who Ben Shapiro is? Not judging you one way or the other, I just find that really weird.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 11:26:09 AM
Matt Smith?!  My friend, them's fighting words.
Judging by your avatar, I'd have said Morten Harket.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 12, 2019, 11:30:03 AM
Judging by your avatar, I'd have said Morten Harket.

Now this I like.  I wish that I had his BMI but all the same, what a compliment or to put it another way, them's complimentary words.