Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:45:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Shapiro DESTROYED by himself

Started by Nowhere Man, May 11, 2019, 06:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: biggytitbo on May 12, 2019, 09:45:45 AM

Quote me baby.

I can't be bothered to comb through your posting history, but this is one of the many things you frequently do, a sort of performative ignorance where you sail into threads discussing the subject in question and go out of your way to say "well of course I have NO IDEA who this person is, never even heard of them, but there seems to be some good qualities there". If you say that you haven't heard of somebody multiple times over the course of a long period of time, then you have in fact heard of them, you just have an interest in retaining the caveat that you haven't.

Lord Mandrake

Andrew Neil hadn't heard of Shapiro, why should Biggy have?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 12, 2019, 09:45:45 AM

Quote me baby.

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 20, 2018, 10:48:29 PM

Seems Gunn committed the crime of making fun of Ben Shapiro, who is some sort of conservative personality in America I've never heard of that Cernovich protects as lovingly as Philip Cross protects Oliver Kamm on wikipedia. Cernovich apperently has form doing this.
So this is at least the second time you've never heard of him before

Hey, Punk!

I love how even in that post he can't convincingly claim ignorance.

alan nagsworth

How can you give even a faint description of a thing and in the same breath claim you've never heard of it?

Ah mate, birdsong? That's some noise that apparently birds make with their mouths that I've never heard of.

The human heartbeat? Apparently it's some system that keeps people alive but I've never heard of it.

THE FUCKING WIND? APPARENTLY IT'S CAUSED BY THE OCEAN AND IT RUSTLES THE TREES BUT I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT

Jumblegraws

It fairness I think Biggy can credibly say Shapiro isn't on his radar, but given the number of times Shapiro has been mentioned in threads where Biggy was active, it lends credence to the recurrent criticism that Biggy is more interested in using these threads as mini-blogs than actually engaging in discussion.
Edit to add: to reiterate, it's really strange to me that a champion of non-MSM sources like Biggy hasn't heard of Ben Shapiro. It's like if Bill Oddie pointed at a magpie and screamed "What the hell is that?!?"

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on May 12, 2019, 01:22:47 PM
I love how even in that post he can't convincingly claim ignorance.

It's like Richard Ayoade and his inability to act like someone who can't act.

Johnny Yesno

Mister Six

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 11:26:09 AM
Matt Smith?!  My friend, them's fighting words.

Oi, let's not start slagging off lovely Matt Smith.

(Who, funnily enough, is playing Charles Manson in a film that should be out soon.)

dallasman

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 06:59:02 AM
Bloody Nora.  As if looking like Charles Manson wasn't enough, I now realise that I also look like Ben Shapiro.  Why can't I look like a decent person for a change?

Because you have hair.

hedgehog90

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 11:26:09 AM
Matt Smith?!  My friend, them's fighting words.

Extra emphasis on the word 'charming' then...

Personally I hate Matt Smith's big weird face, especially when it's balanced ontop of a bow tie. It's probably one of my least favourite faces of all time.
But I thought you were a Dr Who nerd and would appreciate the comparison.
Massive apologies.

Whenever I try to compliment anyone on their appearance it always ends like this.

Noonling

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 12, 2019, 11:34:51 AM
Now this I like.  I wish that I had his BMI but all the same, what a compliment or to put it another way, them's complimentary words.

Ohhh if that avatar is a representation of you then I always assumed it was Lucifer in human form to be honest.

St_Eddie

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 12, 2019, 06:33:06 PMI thought you were a Dr Who nerd and would appreciate the comparison.
Massive apologies.

Whist it is an undeniable fact that I'm massive nerd, I can count on one hand the number of Doctor Who episodes which I've seen.  Doctor Who?  Who indeed.

Quote from: Noon king on May 12, 2019, 07:29:10 PM
Ohhh if that avatar is a representation of you then I always assumed it was Lucifer in human form to be honest.

It is and yes, I am.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 13, 2019, 12:31:34 AM
Whist it is an undeniable fact that I'm massive nerd, I can count on one hand the number of Doctor Who episodes which I've seen.  Doctor Who?  Who indeed.

Ah, that'd be why my suggestion for who you look like didn't provoke a response.

Cloud

Fucking cringe.  What a petulant cunt.

Can we platform him with level headed British interviewers more often, maybe we can shine a light on the utter bullshit that is the Alt Right.

Dex Sawash

Mobius

Imagine pretending you don't know who Ben Shapiro is just because he got DESTROYED

St_Eddie

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mister Six on May 11, 2019, 08:25:55 PM
"Ben Shapiro's 'Baby Hitler' speech, but he's been shoved in a high-school locker by Chad Thundercock": https://youtu.be/6Z5oi6xeih8

I guffawed, probably for all the wrong reasons.

PeasOnSticks

Andrew Neill getting a lot of smoke blown up his arse for this, but was he really that good? He seemed just to be reading inflammatory quotes off a page. Which shows up how pathetic this Shapiro geezer must be, if even that was too much for him to handle. Granted, Neill did well to keep his calm/not give a shit, and that made the whole thing more amusing, but it was just a mildly diverting encounter between a gobshite and a tired orange man who looked like he'd just enjoyed a rather rich lunch, wasn't it? Or am I missing the point and IT WAS EXEMPLARY JOURNALISM?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 13, 2019, 08:05:21 AM

I had the volume on my laptop right down, and didn't turn it up. Whatever it is, it can't live up to the magic of the title.

Quote from: PeasOnSticks on May 13, 2019, 09:09:07 PM
Andrew Neill getting a lot of smoke blown up his arse for this, but was he really that good? He seemed just to be reading inflammatory quotes off a page. Which shows up how pathetic this Shapiro geezer must be, if even that was too much for him to handle. Granted, Neill did well to keep his calm/not give a shit, and that made the whole thing more amusing, but it was just a mildly diverting encounter between a gobshite and a tired orange man who looked like he'd just enjoyed a rather rich lunch, wasn't it? Or am I missing the point and IT WAS EXEMPLARY JOURNALISM?

nah it wasn't exceptional or anything. it was your standard BBC interview style, but Shapiro's brain exploded anyway

Urinal Cake

Quote from: PeasOnSticks on May 13, 2019, 09:09:07 PM
Or am I missing the point and IT WAS EXEMPLARY JOURNALISM?
You're missing Neill's sass at the end which left people with a good impression, 'Well, thank you for your time and showing that anger isn't part of political discourse.'

But yeah otherwise typical interview style.

PeasOnSticks

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 13, 2019, 09:26:12 PM
You're missing Neill's sass at the end which left people with a good impression, 'Well, thank you for your time and showing that anger isn't part of political discourse.'

But yeah otherwise typical interview style.

Yeah, it was a decent catty closing line - better than the reading out of quotes cobbled together by a researcher that had preceded it, anyway.

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 13, 2019, 08:05:21 AM

Shapiro thinks that if someone asks you, "Does abortion reduce crime", the correct response is to spend two minutes refuting the claim using stats instead of simply saying, "Of course not, because to think otherwise would make you a frothing Nazi."

biggytitbo

How come this 14 year old who does 'hilarious' YouTube videos taking the piss out of Muslims looks exactly like Shapiro? Some kind of cloning operation? (although she has a lower pitched voice than him).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7029821/amp/Potty-mouthed-14-year-old-anti-PC-YouTuber-comes-fire.html

QDRPHNC

Hank Venture

Shapiro is a world class dunce and fraud, and has somehow slithered his way into the position of «top right wing intellectual» in the US, despite being dumb as shit, or more likely because of it. The New York Times bigged him up as «the cool kids' philosopher» some time ago, again despite being very stupid and producing nothing of value. All he does is gishgalloping at blue-haired art students who are already on the verge of tears when asking a question, thus DESTROYING them with FACTS AND LOGIC as it is understood by 16 year olds who can quote black-on-black FBI crime stats off the top of their head. It's a sad state of affairs when this has-been child debate prodigy is even a Twitter celeb.

For a primer on the 40 year old debate petulant, read Nathan Robinsons article on him in Current Affairs. If you are content to stay ignorant of this dipshit (as you should be), it suffices to know that he's rabidly pro-Israel and virulently racist. He talks a lot about «Judeo-Christian values» and he sells those brain pill supplements because of course he does. He writes some god-awful fiction too. Stay clear.

Johnny Yesno