Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's fix your profile picture!

Started by marquis_de_sad, May 11, 2019, 11:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

Profile picture not visible? Don't know how to fix it? Let's fix it together!

hedgehog90

Mine's supposed to be goatse but it's a pig for some reason what do I do?

Noonling

Please dear god can we sort out those people whose avatars are rectangles squashed into a square?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

How do I go about getting an avatar in the first place?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 11, 2019, 12:11:45 PM
How do I go about getting an avatar in the first place?

While I was hoping we'd get posts from people with faulty profile pictures, I'm happy to help. What kind of profile picture would you like? A classy b&w image? A picture of your favourite comedian? Perhaps an epic meme?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I was thinking maybe a black and white picture of Ernest Borgnine, or maybe a  detail from one of Salavador Dali's later works. Failing that , how about a nice picture of Lonesome George (RIP), the world's oldest tortoise?

Oh alright, Jodie Comer.

St_Eddie

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 11, 2019, 01:09:04 PM
While I was hoping we'd get posts from people with faulty profile pictures...

I don't think those people are aware that their avatars are dead links.  It's likely that their avatar image is stored in their browser's cache, so they can see it but nobody else can.

kittens

does mine work. it's supposed to be a picture of a handsome man holding his favourite dvd

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 11, 2019, 02:46:50 PM
I don't think those people are aware that their avatars are dead links.  It's likely that their avatar image is stored in their browser's cache, so they can see it but nobody else can.

Let's have an intervention. So far I've noticed:

Bazooka
idunnosomename
jobotic
Jockice
Gerald Fjord
fatguyranting

None of you have working profile images. Please get in touch.

Can you change username?  Asking for a friend.

Ferris

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 11, 2019, 02:51:37 PM
Let's have an intervention. So far I've noticed:

Bazooka
idunnosomename
jobotic
Jockice
Gerald Fjord
fatguyranting

None of you have working profile images. Please get in touch.

Jobotic and jockice are different people. I did wonder why he lived in Sheffield, but had to start a thread on Sheffield because he was spending a day visiting. I thought he might be really parochial about staying in Rotherham or something.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: kittens on May 11, 2019, 02:50:50 PM
does mine work. it's supposed to be a picture of a handsome man holding his favourite dvd

It appears to have been replaced by an unfathomably, indescribably grotesque man. In fact, even though I can only see less than 40% of his face, I can honestly say I've never seen anyone so hideous. I hate to think what the rest of his face or even other parts of his body ...

sorry I just burped up a bit of sick, fuck me that guy's ugly

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 11, 2019, 03:02:35 PM
It appears to have been replaced by an unfathomably, indescribably grotesque man. In fact, even though I can only see less than 40% of his face, I can honestly say I've never seen anyone so hideous. I hate to think what the rest of his face or even other parts of his body ...

sorry I just burped up a bit of sick, fuck me that guy's ugly

I actually typed out the same thing, but thought it was a bit too harsh and deleted it.

...that said, I suppose if 2 people think it, then it is probably true. Wisdom of crowds and all that.

kittens

marquis, looks like you are needed here. something very wrong with either my avatar or these posters eyes. please fix immediately.

Flouncer

I had the cover of a Gong album for a while but it inexplicably disappeared at some point. I quite like being a no-avatar cunt, though.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2019, 03:04:02 PM
I actually typed out the same thing, but thought it was a bit too harsh and deleted it.

...that said, I suppose if 2 people think it, then it is probably true. Wisdom of crowds and all that.

You don't even need a photo of yourself as your avatar, I can fucking smell how ugly you are from your very essence on here

alan nagsworth

man I am going in on you lot today. fucking IN.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: kittens on May 11, 2019, 03:05:17 PM
marquis, looks like you are needed here. something very wrong with either my avatar or these posters eyes. please fix immediately.

I'm seeing this:

Looks ok to me.

Spoon of Ploff

i'm not sure i trust the people who don't have avatars. I can't help but winder what have they got to hide?

kittens

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 11, 2019, 03:13:51 PM
I'm seeing this:

Looks ok to me.

oh, so it's working. there's going to be some very red faces in here once folk realise just how rude they were about my looks.

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 11, 2019, 03:09:37 PM
You don't even need a photo of yourself as your avatar, I can fucking smell how ugly you are from your very essence on here

Are you saying the photo of me hitting a walkoff homerun for the Blue Jays in the 1993 World Series isn't displaying properly?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 11, 2019, 03:15:21 PM
i'm not sure i trust the people who don't have avatars. I can't help but winder what have they got to hide?

Nah, it's the people with avatars that have something to hide. Like beards, or slogan shirts. Classic distraction technique. You have no idea of the wonton atrocities I'm committing when you read my posts because there's a picture of cartoon cats right there.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on May 11, 2019, 03:17:17 PM
oh, so it's working. there's going to be some very red faces in here once folk realise just how rude they were about my looks.

I'm getting this...

alan nagsworth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2019, 03:18:03 PM
Are you saying the photo of me hitting a walkoff homerun for the Blue Jays in the 1993 World Series isn't displaying properly?

That is exactly what I'm saying. I wasn't saying it before but I am now. You would be photographed doing that though wouldn't you? You walkoff homerun knob.

chocky909

I'm not sure why but I haven't been able to get an avatar to work for ages. I used to have them and change them regularly but now I can't get them to display. I don't know whether it's my hosts, format, size. I've tried a couple of hosts and make them 100x100. ~shrugs~

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 11, 2019, 03:19:59 PM
That is exactly what I'm saying. I wasn't saying it before but I am now. You would be photographed doing that though wouldn't you? You walkoff homerun knob.

Disaster!

Who's running this thread - can they fix it for me?*

*insert savile joke here

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: chocky909 on May 11, 2019, 03:21:17 PM
I'm not sure why but I haven't been able to get an avatar to work for ages. I used to have them and change them regularly but now I can't get them to display. I don't know whether it's my hosts, format, size. I've tried a couple of hosts and make them 100x100. ~shrugs~

You need to copy and paste the "Direct Link" not the "Image Link" on imgur.