Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:35:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shit Housemate (Thread no. 217)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, May 11, 2019, 12:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Sigh, so I have yet another shit housemate and feel the need to vent / ask for advice. He's a guy in his twenties who's generally full of himself and makes a fuck load of noise (coming home at 4am on Friday nights with big groups of friends, slamming doors instead of closing them normally, having loud sex in the communal showers, etc, etc) but today he crossed a line as when I was teaching at 11am he started pounding on my door and screaming at me to shut up. Admittedly I'm a bit loud as I have to be animated and excited and get the kids to repeat words over and over again and all that kind of thing, but it's not that bad and I'm not exactly shouting. Anyway, he screamed abuse, swore repeatedly, kept hitting the door and I had to ignore him as I couldn't stop teaching, so he unplugged the internet thinking that'd screw me up. Fortunately we have our own internet in our room so it didn't work, so he carried on screaming until he finally got bored and went away.

I tried to talk to him after the class was over but he just shouted at me more, said I was "fat and disgusting with a peg leg", that I never go out, that I was a loser and a failure as I live in a house share at my age (the latter being technically true, admittedly), and that he was so much better than me over and over again. I tried to talk calmly and explain the situation but he just screamed that he didn't care, that he was tired of being woken up at 11am hearing me say "Cabbage" over and over again, before going back to insulting and calling me a cunt, etc, etc. I've written to my landlord about it, but she's rubbish so it's unlikely to make any difference.

It's a serious business unfortunately as the kids could hear him hitting the door and screaming while I was teaching (despite my wearing noise cancelling headphones which are normally good for that kind of thing) and as he was swearing so much I could get in to serious trouble and even potentially be fired. We are hoping to move out at some point but it's going to take us at least three or four months to save the money up, and we're contracted to stay here until the middle of July anyhow.

I've no idea what to do, so if anyone has any advice it'd be enormously appreciated.

jobotic

First thing, don't take on board any of what he said. Better than you? You're not the one behaving like a four year old who happens to be a cunt. Sounds like an alt-righter.

bgmnts

I genuinely hope he gets killed. Not even joking*, cunts like that deserve death, or permanent internment.

Also you're teaching children english and he's staggering in at 4am with his mongtard associates? State of him insulting you for teaching english. Don't even think its a case of him being a relative baby either, 20s or not a cunts a cunt.
*sort of joking but maybe not.

Ambient Sheep

He was tired of being woken up at 11am?!

How about YOU being woken up at 4am?

And yeah ignore what he said, clearly he must have some massive insecurities if he's so anxious to say how much better he supposedly is.  What a horrible cunt, one has to wonder how he was dragged up that way.

No real advice though, I'm sorry.

touchingcloth

Pingers

chocky909

If you want to start a Go Fund Me to raise money to hire a thug to kneecap him I'll give at least £50. I don't usually donate to charity but occasionally a cause really speaks to me.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks everyone, have to go back to teaching again but will post again later.

imitationleather

Gutted for him, he's really in no position to complain about noise at 11am. Acting like a psychopath and threatening you is something that really should get him evicted. I know you said your landlord is useless but stuff like that is beyond what is acceptable in that situation.

Living in house-shares is always a cauldron of annoyance and grievances and unless compromise is learned it's inevitably going to end up with horrible confrontation. I wonder if he's never lived in one before, as if he had he'd surely have realised that behaving like that is not the way it is done.

You've got my sympathy.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on May 11, 2019, 01:02:28 PM
Gutted for him, he's really in no position to complain about noise at 11am.

Innit, I've cursed the existence of my neighbours for cutting their grass at that time when I'm hungover, but what can you do? You're the cunt if you moan about it.

Pingers

Can you get an adult witness? If so you could complain to the police under the Protection from Harassment Act. They can give him a warning, and if you can then provide evidence of a breach of the warning they can arrest and charge him. I helped someone do this, the polic gave a warning and the harassment stopped.

Pingers

Quote from: chocky909 on May 11, 2019, 12:57:25 PM
If you want to start a Go Fund Me to raise money to hire a thug to kneecap him I'll give at least £50. I don't usually donate to charity but occasionally a cause really speaks to me.

You'd easily be able to get a smack addict to give him a proper shoeing for £50. That's what I'd do.

Kryton

Yeah speak to the police about it. That's harassment and if you explain that he constantly wakes you at 4am and he started banging and kicking your door whilst you were working, making fun of your disability etc... It's harassment and threatening behaviour.

Make your landlord aware too.

RECORD IT. USE A RECORDER and when he's screaming, you talk calmly to him... then show it to the police/landlord.

He's a cunt, sorry to hear it...

touchingcloth

Send Pancreas round to give the cunt a gastroscoping.

Dex Sawash

jobotic

Tell him you know where he lives.

Flouncer

Piss through your own letterbox. That'll show him.

Sebastian Cobb

This is how it starts. You're basically Kevin McKidd's character in The Acid House now.

Icehaven

Record/film him and report it to the police. They'll do fuck all without any evidence but if you have at least an audio recording of him being abusive they might just do something even if it's just warn him. Then if he does it again there'll be grounds for further action.

Zetetic

Or, if your lessons are already recorded, forward them on to the PRC's embassy.

pancreas

Have you considered asking him if he's considered pulling himself together?

touchingcloth

Have loud WANKS in the communal showers.

touchingcloth

Knock on the door when he's having shower sex and call out "you're doing a great job."

Danger Man

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 11, 2019, 12:43:49 PM
I was a loser and a failure as I live in a house share at my age

In fairness, he does think you're 79.

St_Eddie

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Small Man Big Horse.  That little twat will hopefully end up messing with the wrong person at some point in his life and get a bloody good hiding for it.  As others have said, pay no heed to the bullshit insults that he hurled at you.  By virtue of your actions in response to his behaviour alone, you're an infinitely better person than he is, so he can fuck off with telling you that he's better than you.  As for advice...

Quote from: Kryton on May 11, 2019, 01:10:00 PM
Make your landlord aware too.

RECORD IT. USE A RECORDER and when he's screaming, you talk calmly to him... then show it to the police/landlord.

This is the correct course of action.  Next time that you confront him, use your phone to record the conversation.  Just keep the phone in your hand and to your side, so that he doesn't know that you're recording.  Stay calm and don't rise to his insults.  Be respectful, as best you can and state your position clearly.  Give him just enough rope to hang himself and then take that recording to the police.

Flouncer

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 11, 2019, 02:56:35 PMThis is the correct course of action.

Yeah, that or accusing him of being a paedophile on social media.

kittens

you live in the same house. is it not possible to go into his room and murder him? i have never lived with somebody i couldn't murder. personal point of pride, that.

Are you on a joint tenancy or separate contracts? The landlord must have some sort of duty to make sure their tenants aren't threatening each other. You might want to look up the London Renters Union, who may be able to help you stand up for your rights.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chocky909 on May 11, 2019, 12:57:25 PM

I'll do it for a cuddle

St_Eddie

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 11, 2019, 03:19:41 PM
You might want to look up the London Renters Union, who may be able to help you stand up for your rights.

Either the London Renters Union or the Bob Marley Estate.