Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shit Housemate (Thread no. 217)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, May 11, 2019, 12:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Watch Roadhouse on a loop until you get pumped then crush him and shit up his arse.

alan nagsworth

Yeah you should deffo smash his head in with something like the base of a trophy, or a Yankee Candle. Something like that. Don't stop striking his head until you see brain.

Small Man Big Horse

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their kind words, it does mean an awful lot. And I'm not taking his insults to heart, if anything it makes me feel better about the situation as they prove what a fucking weirdo cunt he is, especially as the majority of them aren't true. I just wish I had recorded him as it would have been great to have evidence of such shitty behaviour, but will definitely do so next time. He went on and on about my appearance in such a bizarre way it was almost laughable, and why it upsets him so is beyond me.

Quote from: bgmnts on May 11, 2019, 12:50:03 PM
I genuinely hope he gets killed. Not even joking*, cunts like that deserve death, or permanent internment.

I don't wish death upon him but I'd be overjoyed if he broke his leg, and then knew what it was like to be in pain all the time.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 11, 2019, 12:51:55 PM
He was tired of being woken up at 11am?!

How about YOU being woken up at 4am?

And yeah ignore what he said, clearly he must have some massive insecurities if he's so anxious to say how much better he supposedly is.  What a horrible cunt, one has to wonder how he was dragged up that way.

No real advice though, I'm sorry.

I know, the whole thing is absurd, others have complained about the noise he makes but he just ignores them, he really is an incredible narcissist and I think he's a borderline sociopath too.

Quote from: imitationleather on May 11, 2019, 01:02:28 PM
Gutted for him, he's really in no position to complain about noise at 11am. Acting like a psychopath and threatening you is something that really should get him evicted. I know you said your landlord is useless but stuff like that is beyond what is acceptable in that situation.

Living in house-shares is always a cauldron of annoyance and grievances and unless compromise is learned it's inevitably going to end up with horrible confrontation. I wonder if he's never lived in one before, as if he had he'd surely have realised that behaving like that is not the way it is done.

You've got my sympathy.

I do get the noise thing, back in my twenties I'd often sleep til midday and would be annoyed by such a thing, but if he'd just spoken to me normally I'd have tried to be as quiet as I could. Unfortunately the opposite applied and he proved himself to be an utter cunt.

Quote from: Pingers on May 11, 2019, 01:05:47 PM
Can you get an adult witness? If so you could complain to the police under the Protection from Harassment Act. They can give him a warning, and if you can then provide evidence of a breach of the warning they can arrest and charge him. I helped someone do this, the polic gave a warning and the harassment stopped.

I don't know if anyone else heard, there is one person who might've been home but she's gone out since, but I will ask her to see if she'll confirm the things he said.

Quote from: Kryton on May 11, 2019, 01:10:00 PM
Yeah speak to the police about it. That's harassment and if you explain that he constantly wakes you at 4am and he started banging and kicking your door whilst you were working, making fun of your disability etc... It's harassment and threatening behaviour.

Make your landlord aware too.

RECORD IT. USE A RECORDER and when he's screaming, you talk calmly to him... then show it to the police/landlord.

He's a cunt, sorry to hear it...

I so wish I had. I was just so annoyed I went down the minute I finished teaching to speak to him rather than thinking about it in detail, but I did talk to him calmly throughout so if there were any witnesses hopefully they'd be able to mention that.

Quote from: Zetetic on May 11, 2019, 01:52:23 PM
Or, if your lessons are already recorded, forward them on to the PRC's embassy.

The lesson is recorded automatically but it's not available just yet, once it is I'm going to watch it to see how much you can hear and at the very least download it and send it to my landlord.

Quote from: Danger Man on May 11, 2019, 02:40:48 PM
In fairness, he does think you're 79.

You're probably not wrong!

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 11, 2019, 03:19:41 PM
Are you on a joint tenancy or separate contracts? The landlord must have some sort of duty to make sure their tenants aren't threatening each other. You might want to look up the London Renters Union, who may be able to help you stand up for your rights.

Separate contracts, and I'll definitely look in to it to see what my rights are. I'm also thinking about speaking to him again in a polite and friendly way claiming I want to resolve the issue as I'm sure he's such a cunt he'll go off again, and then this time I'll have a recording of it.

And I just want to thank everyone again who's responded, apologies for not replying to everyone but for those I didn't your words are enormously appreciated.

MidnightShambler

To be honest, the last thing I'd do is go to the police at this stage. He hasn't done anything they'd determine as severe enough to be bothered with, it's just another domestic dispute as far  as they're concerned so far, shit as that may be. They'd have to speak to him though and it'd just be a warning with no force behind it, which would make you a complete cunt in his eyes and likely escalate things further, sneaky tactics may then become involved and that sometimes doesn't end well mate.

I'd stick with the landlord route at the moment and just try and ignore his behaviour for now, as cowardly as that may sound. Sometimes self preservation is the right way, he sounds like a bit of an unpredictable nutcase. Log all the incidents and grievances and if you're friends with any other tenants ask them to do the same, then take something comprehensive to the police. Just play along until you can nail him properly.

I hope it gets better mate and I'll have a good think and see if I can come up with something better than that. Good luck in the meantime.

Spoon of Ploff

Danger Man

EXCLUSIVE: First Photo of Housemate

Captain Z

You are well within your rights to complain to the landlord/agent, but be wary of any 'premises must not be used for business purposes' disclaimers in your rental agreement.

Nowhere Man

Fuck me, reading your post makes me want to be very violent to this person, and that's not even something I would normally condone.

Give us the address and the CaB mob will rip his head off, if that's what's needed.

mothman

Quote from: chocky909 on May 11, 2019, 12:57:25 PM
If you want to start a Go Fund Me to raise money to hire a thug to kneecap him I'll give at least £50. I don't usually donate to charity but occasionally a cause really speaks to me.

Not sure about the kneecapping, but I'd definitely chip into a fund to help you get to the moving-out financial target.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

It may sound harsh but, things like that are going to keep happening if you continue living in houses hares. The best thing to do is to find a way, even if it means moving to another city, where you're not in that situation anymore. The guy is still a cunt, don't get me wrong. But bad housemates are a fact of life when you're living in multiple occupancy digs. If you can't change the former, fix the latter.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 11, 2019, 06:37:22 PM
It may sound harsh but, things like that are going to keep happening if you continue living in houses hares. The best thing to do is to find a way, even if it means moving to another city, where you're not in that situation anymore. The guy is still a cunt, don't get me wrong. But bad housemates are a fact of life when you're living in multiple occupancy digs. If you can't change the former, fix the latter.

Although it's just as common a problem in houses that have been turned into separate flats. And at least in a houseshare it's easier to actually speak to whoever's being a noisy twat. If they're in a totally separate flat and elect not to answer when you knock on their door it's impossible to get to deal with them.

Small Man Big Horse

The landlord got back to me, she spoke to him and has sided with him, saying the noise I made was unreasonable despite not having witnessed it at all. And she didn't comment about the fact that he called me a fat fuck or any of the other offensive nonsense.

I shouldn't be surprised, a month after we moved in there were two people living in the building who stopped paying rent and she sent them text messages threatening to throw acid in their faces. The police were involved and she wasn't allowed to enter the property for almost two months until the two finally moved out of their own accord.

I have other stories as to what an incredibly shitty human being she is, but am exhausted after a crappy night's sleep. But yeah, it's a shitty, shitty situation.

Sebastian Cobb

Christ she sounds worse than your dickhead neighbour.

Dr Rock

I think he done a hate crime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disability_hate_crime

QuoteDisability hate crime is a form of hate crime arising from the hostility of the perpetrator towards the disability, or perceived disability, of the victim, or because of their perceived connection to disability. It is often viewed politically as a logical extreme of ableism (sometimes known in the UK by the disputed word "disablism"), carried through into criminal acts against the person. This phenomenon can take many forms, from verbal abuse and intimidatory behaviour to vandalism, assault, or even murder. Disability hate crimes may take the form of one-off incidents, or may represent systematic abuse which continues over periods of weeks, months or even years.

QuoteIn the UK, disability hate crime is regarded as an aggravating factor under Section 146 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003, allowing a heavier tariff to be used in sentencing than the crime might draw without the hate elements. Section 146 states that the sentencing provisions apply if:

(a) that, at the time of committing the offence, or immediately before or after doing so, the offender demonstrated towards the victim of the offence hostility based on—
(i) the sexual orientation (or presumed sexual orientation) of the victim, or
(ii) a disability (or presumed disability) of the victim, or
(b) that the offence is motivated (wholly or partly)—
(i) by hostility towards persons who are of a particular sexual orientation, or
(ii) by hostility towards persons who have a disability or a particular disability.[4]

So it has to be an aggravating factor in another offence...

QuoteCommon assault was an offence under the common law of England, and has been held now to be a statutory offence in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is committed by a person who causes another person to apprehend the immediate use of unlawful violence by the defendant.

So tell the police you thought he was going to hit you and also he had a go at your gammy leg. The police may even turn up and tell him to leave you alone.

Danger Man

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 11, 2019, 08:18:12 PM

In fairness, we're only getting one side of the story. Maybe he's shouting 'cabbage' all day and it's driven the housemate insane.

It must be driving the students insane learning about cabbages all the time.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 11, 2019, 08:18:12 PM

She is fairly repellent. Comes across as all friendly in person but then via email and messages she acts like a cunt.

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 11, 2019, 06:37:22 PM

The plan is to get a tiny one bedroom flat, it might mean moving out of London, or to the very outskirts of the city, but now we're both working we should just be able to afford it.

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 11, 2019, 09:12:41 PM
I think he done a hate crime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disability_hate_crime

So it has to be an aggravating factor in another offence...

So tell the police you thought he was going to hit you and also he had a go at your gammy leg. The police may even turn up and tell him to leave you alone.

I did actually think he was going to hit me at one point, he was right in my face and I was hoping he would so I could call the police but then he backed off. To be honest I don't want to get the authorities involved right now though, the plan is to save every penny we have and try and be out in August.

Quote from: Danger Man on May 11, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
In fairness, we're only getting one side of the story. Maybe he's shouting 'cabbage' all day and it's driven the housemate insane.

It must be driving the students insane learning about cabbages all the time.

Hey, it was their parents who signed up for VIPCabbageChat, it's not my fault!

Quote from: mothman on May 11, 2019, 06:11:58 PM
Not sure about the kneecapping, but I'd definitely chip into a fund to help you get to the moving-out financial target.

That's shockingly kind of you but we should be okay, as long as nothing comes of today's incident at least.

up_the_hampipe

That's horrible to hear. Unfortunately, I can't help much, apart from declaring your housemate and landlord officially #CANCELLED. I hope that offers some respite.

That's pretty awful, nobody should have to deal with that sort of aggression in their own home. TBH, if I were you, I might try to use it to my advantage. Speak to the housing people at your local council and see if they have any scheme to help you get your own place. Especially with your dodgy leg and history of mental health stuff, you can easily argue that you're especially vulnerable to homelessness. 

mothman

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 11, 2019, 09:28:04 PM
That's shockingly kind of you but we should be okay, as long as nothing comes of today's incident at least.

Many here did the same for Serge, and you too are one of the good'uns. I presume you're aiming for the deposit on a place to rent by yourselves, rather than a deposit to BUY one? I'm not sure we've all got that sort of folding. ;-)

imitationleather

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 11, 2019, 09:39:39 PM
That's pretty awful, nobody should have to deal with that sort of aggression in their own home. TBH, if I were you, I might try to use it to my advantage. Speak to the housing people at your local council and see if they have any scheme to help you get your own place. Especially with your dodgy leg and history of mental health stuff, you can easily argue that you're especially vulnerable to homelessness.

In London? Unlikely!

They may advise which bridges are nice to sleep under before getting security to remove him, I guess.

I really reckon you should give serious thought to moving out of that city. I think you two getting your own place will be very good for your mental and physical health.

Not for a proper council place, but there are grants and loans out there, at least in my borough.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 11, 2019, 09:35:41 PM
That's horrible to hear. Unfortunately, I can't help much, apart from declaring your housemate and landlord officially #CANCELLED. I hope that offers some respite.

Thank you for that. And it does, I just so wish I'd recorded the incident and then I could have uploaded it to youtube and got him officially #Cancelled.

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 11, 2019, 09:39:39 PM

Thank you too, will see how we get on over the next couple of months but if it gets worse I may well look in to it.

Quote from: mothman on May 11, 2019, 09:41:29 PM
Many here did the same for Serge, and you too are one of the good'uns. I presume you're aiming for the deposit on a place to rent by yourselves, rather than a deposit to BUY one? I'm not sure we've all got that sort of folding. ;-)

That is so so kind, and if things do become worse I may well take you up on it, thank you so much. And yeah, just a deposit to rent, we're never going to be able to afford to buy (well, until many relatives pass away, anyhow).

I just want to thank everyone who's posted in this thread again, and those who have sent pms, it really does mean an awful lot to me. Thankfully he's only home while I'm teaching on Saturdays, and I've got the next two off so there shouldn't be a repeat of his behaviour for a short time at least...

Camp Tramp

When you leave, I'd seriously consider not paying your last months rent.
Your landlady seems the sort of person who would withhold your deposit for spurious reasons.

What did she say about you being woken at 4am?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Camp Tramp on May 11, 2019, 10:43:48 PM
When you leave, I'd seriously consider not paying your last months rent.
Your landlady seems the sort of person who would withhold your deposit for spurious reasons.

What did she say about you being woken at 4am?

We didn't actually pay a deposit, just had to pay £75 (non-refundable) for insurance so if anything was broken or damaged it would be covered by the policy, which was one of the main reasons we moved there as we were a bit broke at the time. Otherwise I'd definitely have thought about doing that as she is undoubtedly the type who'd fuck over tenants if she could. Fortunately I'm working now (as I wasn't back then), as is Mrs SMBH, so we hope to raise enough money to be out in about three months time.

As for the 4am thing, a whole bunch of us complained when it first happened and she said she'd speak to him but it hasn't changed anything. Three people have moved out since as they can't stand the shit we have to put up with, and I know at least one other is hoping to get out of here soon.

What gets me is the sheer arrogance of the man, he makes more noise than anyone, and at incredibly unsociable hours, but then has the gall to complain about me speaking loudly during the day. Plus all he shit the screamed at me was ridiculous, he's obsessed with my appearance for some unknown reason and why he has such a problem with the fact that I use a crutch is something I'll never understand.

chveik

I hope you'll be able to move as soon as possible SMBH, the whole situation sounds hellish.

Glebe

What a tosser... sorry you've had to go through all this shit SMBH.

Sebastian Cobb

The fact people are moving out over this tit makes her siding with him all the more baffling.

I don't know about bailing without paying the last months rent, but if you don't need the reference and can leave early I wouldn't lose sleep about ditching before the contract's up, based on her unprofessional emails and the fact you've listed what, 4 people ditching, it sounds like the place is a revolving door and she probably won't bother to chase it or be too surprised.

Kryton

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 11, 2019, 08:04:23 PM
The landlord got back to me, she spoke to him and has sided with him, saying the noise I made was unreasonable despite not having witnessed it at all. And she didn't comment about the fact that he called me a fat fuck or any of the other offensive nonsense.

I shouldn't be surprised, a month after we moved in there were two people living in the building who stopped paying rent and she sent them text messages threatening to throw acid in their faces. The police were involved and she wasn't allowed to enter the property for almost two months until the two finally moved out of their own accord.

I have other stories as to what an incredibly shitty human being she is, but am exhausted after a crappy night's sleep. But yeah, it's a shitty, shitty situation.

Wow - you should mention this to the police and say not only do you feel intimidated by a potentially violent housemate but your landlord is now encouraging it.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 11, 2019, 11:32:23 PMhe's obsessed with my appearance for some unknown reason.

My advice is drug him and do a Face/Off with him while he's under.

rasta-spouse

You're well within your rights to call the police as verbal abuse is a form of harassment. Personally, in a housemate situation, I would've done it straight away - it'd force the guy into a situation where he'd have to think about the things he does quite carefully.

And yes, have a dictaphone/voice-recorder prepared for future altercations.