Author Topic: Public Domain Review  (Read 834 times)

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
Public Domain Review
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »
Any fans?  It's a site for people like me who can only handle reading the news when there's at least a couple of hundreds years' distance betwen us. Various historians and Esot Erics write fascinating essays about arcane shit like medieval hollow earth theorists or Georgian pub poems or pamphlets on goats born with horns in the wrong places, and tons of stuff about bizarre utopian tracts, proto-scifi and real-life steampunks.  All with links to downloadable public domain books underneath. I dunno, every time I read about some guy who went to huge lengths to write a fake Marco Polo-esque travel memoir, or gawp at Haeckel's gorgeous algae dawdlings (there's so much lovely artwork on that site), it's like I'm in my own private parallel internet universe where everything's so much less noisy.

https://publicdomainreview.org

Re: Public Domain Review
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:57:56 AM »
I love it as well, and the guy who's on the front page at the moment, the Charles Fourier, is a perfect example of what you're talking about- turning the oceans into lemonade!

Mister Six

• Half-masted, bass-boosted, sling-backed
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:13:34 AM »
This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing it! Now I just need to find the time to explore it properly.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 04:19:31 PM »
FUCK YES. Cheers OP.

This is my evening sorted:

Loos, Lewdness and Literature: Tales from the Boghouse.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soup├žon of pizzazz."
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 09:27:48 PM »
This is wonderful, thank you.