Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Public Domain Review

Started by Sin Agog, May 11, 2019, 03:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Any fans?  It's a site for people like me who can only handle reading the news when there's at least a couple of hundreds years' distance betwen us. Various historians and Esot Erics write fascinating essays about arcane shit like medieval hollow earth theorists or Georgian pub poems or pamphlets on goats born with horns in the wrong places, and tons of stuff about bizarre utopian tracts, proto-scifi and real-life steampunks.  All with links to downloadable public domain books underneath. I dunno, every time I read about some guy who went to huge lengths to write a fake Marco Polo-esque travel memoir, or gawp at Haeckel's gorgeous algae dawdlings (there's so much lovely artwork on that site), it's like I'm in my own private parallel internet universe where everything's so much less noisy.

https://publicdomainreview.org

I love it as well, and the guy who's on the front page at the moment, the Charles Fourier, is a perfect example of what you're talking about- turning the oceans into lemonade!

Mister Six

This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing it! Now I just need to find the time to explore it properly.

bgmnts

FUCK YES. Cheers OP.

This is my evening sorted:

QuoteLoos, Lewdness and Literature: Tales from the Boghouse.

QDRPHNC

This is wonderful, thank you.